Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

SC Lt. Gov. compares poor to animals, apologizes by saying he likes animals

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - South Carolina Republican regrets ’stray animal’ metaphor - Blogs from CNN.com

QuoteQuote:
South Carolina Republican regrets 'stray animal' metaphor
Posted: January 25th, 2010 01:22 PM ET

South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer poses with actor Tom Cruise at a NASCAR race last year.
(CNN) - South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, under fire for drawing a comparison between needy people and "stray animals," said Monday that he regrets his choice of words.

In a phone interview with CNN, Bauer, a Republican candidate for governor, said, "I wish I had used a different metaphor." Bauer said Friday that people receiving government assistance are like "stray animals" because "they breed" and "don't know any better."

"I never intended to tie people to animals," he said, before opting for a kinder animal metaphor: "If you have a cat, if you take it in your house and feed it and love it, what happens when you go out of town?"

Noting that he has raised money for a group that protects animals, Bauer also said he is "not against animals."

01-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, it's all 'for our own good,' ...breed like rabbits, we po' folk. Unless, of course we're not believing sex is only for procreation, faking straightness, and/or in danger of finding out about contraceptives...
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals," Bauer said according to audio from the town hall meeting released on the newspaper's Web site. "You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem. If you give an animal or person an ample food supply they will reproduce, especially one that don't think too much further than that."
I mean... goddamn...
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

So what's new here? Republicans in general view themselves as superior and look down on anyone below their income bracket as trash.....even fellow Republicans. If you squeezed a Republican like a tangerine in a high powered juice machine, there wouldn't be one drop of compassion found. Money grubbing self centered hypocrites and the base problem of what has gone wrong in America today.

I bet he hopes those that do his yardwork, wash and repair his vehicles, cook his food, and wash his clothes don't stop breeding? Just another one of those turtles up on a fence post...claiming he got there all on his own. After they give us all a good lecture on family values, they are off to meet their mistress or toe tap in some airport mens room. Utterly disgusting sick souls they are.
Regards

01-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

They're scared someone else will treat them as they treat others.

A bully's deepest fear.