Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #31
graphicgr8s

Where's that decoder ring again?

01-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm more likely to trust someone if I feel they are capable of empathy themselves. For example, when I used to watch the frustration and bewilderment of George Bush when he slowly tried to construct simple English sentences and understand words that were spoken to him, I felt empathy towards him....I could feel his pain from that tiny little mind swirling in profound confusion and embarrassment as uncontrollable grunts would be caught on camera as the world watched. See...that makes me trustworthy.

I must say...this new administration is a bit of a letdown in the entertainment department...no primeval grunting....no deer in the headlights staring at the camera......no one running around shooting randomly at things that move.... While I might not feel as sorry for this current administration, I feel I am just as trustworthy.
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #33
Inactive Account

There's not a human on this planet I trust, not even my own parents.

I trust my dog though. If only he wouldn't try to lick my face after he finishes licking his butt.
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
Inactive Account

'I must say...this new administration is a bit of a letdown in the entertainment department...no primeval grunting....no deer in the headlights staring at the camera......no one running around shooting randomly at things that move.... While I might not feel as sorry for this current administration, I feel I am just as trustworthy.'

A new vision..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9UIpW_3P5s&feature=player_embedded

01-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kelarch Quote
There's not a human on this planet I trust, not even my own parents.

I trust my dog though. If only he wouldn't try to lick my face after he finishes licking his butt.
You do of course realize, that your dog's mouth is more sterile to you than your own?
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I'm more likely to trust someone if I feel they are capable of empathy themselves. For example, when I used to watch the frustration and bewilderment of George Bush when he slowly tried to construct simple English sentences and understand words that were spoken to him, I felt empathy towards him....I could feel his pain from that tiny little mind swirling in profound confusion and embarrassment as uncontrollable grunts would be caught on camera as the world watched. See...that makes me trustworthy.

I must say...this new administration is a bit of a letdown in the entertainment department...no primeval grunting....no deer in the headlights staring at the camera......no one running around shooting randomly at things that move.... While I might not feel as sorry for this current administration, I feel I am just as trustworthy.
brilliant way of sneaking in a political rant while staying somewhat on-topic...
01-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
brilliant way of sneaking in a political rant while staying somewhat on-topic...
Wh, some are on record as insisting vociferously that 'hope' and 'empathy' are lies, ...seems who *they* trust in politicians are those who claim, "Politicians are liars and cheats and incompetents, but, I, as a politician, am really no better, but I'll tell you what you want to hear, in a non-threateningly-stupid manner! I can runz ur country?'

Trust me!

01-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Where's that decoder ring again?
George, just a friendly tip.....I had to give up my Buck Rogers Decoder, it was spending more time in the shop than it was in use, and all that crap entered in it puts out some nasty toxic fumes too. My solution is to use an Industrial Garbage Compactor...there is too much crapola and rat droppings for a household Compactor, but the Industrial grade seems to be doing the job. Give one a try!
Regards!
01-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Or..... It's not a 'code.'

Could it be that the elusive 'elaborate cipher' you are trained to look for to reconcile what you do and say with a) what you think you do and say, b) What someone says is 'holy' to do and say, and c) what you can confuddle 'science' to say you might just possibly be all right to do and say..... With reality, and the effects of your words and actions.....

Is not gonna happen?

Maybe it's *you* making it complicated.

That's what I say. Decode that.

Maybe life ain't so 'simple' as you want to make it, in your binary way.

Maybe it's simpler.

Figure it out on your own time. In the meanwhile... Ow. You're hurting us. Come make your case later if you still feel 'oppressed' after not constantly going out of your way to bully people and then 'decipher' how that makes you 'the only compassionate people in the world.'

Perhaps while we're on Jackie Gleason references, we could be resolved on the fact that I know that you know that I know you *don't know* *anything* about what you're talking about when it comes to me.

So, maybe, if there's any potential for civil discussion left to this forum, you could get over your propensity to divert threads by claiming, "Watch me blame RML for diverting this thread cause she might complain about me diverting this thread to be about her or my use of slurs... Her fault, really! For being who we all go after!"

:P

See, I think what it is with you guys, is you have *just* enough humanity left to you to not want to admit your own rampant cruelty... Or its effects on real people. So you want a 'decoder ring,' however convoluted.

You want it 'simple.'

It's simpler.

'Trust?' People I don't trust are already calculating their excuses.

You can see it in their eyes.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-27-2010 at 06:01 PM.
01-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
George, just a friendly tip.....I had to give up my Buck Rogers Decoder, it was spending more time in the shop than it was in use, and all that crap entered in it puts out some nasty toxic fumes too. My solution is to use an Industrial Garbage Compactor...there is too much crapola and rat droppings for a household Compactor, but the Industrial grade seems to be doing the job. Give one a try!
Regards!

A quick analysis with one of these helps.

Ultimately, it comes down to some people's illusory correlation resulting from cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias and/or attitude polarization.

Last edited by Blue; 01-27-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo & clarification
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Ultimately, it comes down to a person's illusory correlation resulting from cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias and/or attitude polariztion.

So, if that's gonna happen, who you gonna choose to 'believe' in your all-or-nothing-world?

Rush Limbaugh?

Or those you try to define so easily with slurs? Then wonder at how 'incomprehensible' you say they are when they ... Talk about human life?

You don't *get* a 'decoder ring.'

If *I* didn't, *you* sure as Hel don't.

Got news for you, while you're saving up your box tops...

Someone's trying to sell you something.
01-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #42
graphicgr8s

How do you get one like yours Blue?

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 07-30-2010 at 06:13 AM.
01-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm going to trust that each and every one of you aren't going to jump all over me for what I'm about to suggest.
How about we all take 1 day per week off from GT to go take pictures. Doesn't matter what day, just pick one then don't even look at GT . Just go fun shooting , do your PP and post a couple over on POW. Don't worry we'll all be here to argue with the next day . I trust in that too.
01-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
You do of course realize, that your dog's mouth is more sterile to you than your own?
That's a myth
01-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #45
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
That's a myth
You are wrong there George....I do believe the Ratllady's doggies mouth is more sterile than her own. She said it was, and I trust her on that one. Chalk one up for the Ratlady!
Regards!