Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian

What qualities in a person, makes you trust someone ?

Interesting article.

Hollywood's most trusted celebs | Stuff.co.nz

Reading the article made me think...what qualities does a person need to have
in order to be trustworthy ?

Who do you trust and why ?

01-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Interesting article.

Hollywood's most trusted celebs | Stuff.co.nz

in order to be trustworthy ?

Who do you trust and why ?
Wouldn't trust Hanks as far as I can throw him. But then again I wouldn't trust anyone who supported the Big O
01-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might trust Jesus George or his sidekick Dickie boy....to tap my phones, read my mail, and violate every Constitutional right I have...or thought I had. Or I might trust them to end the lives of 4500 young Americans on their word that we were about to be destroyed by WMD's. Maybe I would trust them to take the largest budget surplus ever given to an incoming President and within a year turn it into the largest deficit. Or maybe I would trust them to almost totally destroy the entire American economy with Voodoo Economics.
Maybe.....but I can be certain I can trust guys like George (Graphic) to rally around these losers and wave the Flag claiming that Omaba is the real problem in America. Booking any vacations to Baghdad George...so you and your family can be showered with flowers from those grateful Iraquis? Or maybe you are still reading Jesus Georges Press notes from 2008 where he told us the economy was on "solid ground"? Wake up George.....your side is as trustworthy as a pickpocket in a crowded subway. Even your "Acorn Buster" guy is about to do some time in a Federal Pen....so much for his integrity....and all those that supported him.
Regards!
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I trust my dog, he's reliable.

I have trouble trusting anyone who doesn't have a sense of humour. The IRS has no sense of humour And neither do most Homeland Security officers at the Can/US border.

01-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Don't know why I bother with this forum.

Last edited by lesmore49; 01-26-2010 at 09:31 PM.
01-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I might trust Jesus George or his sidekick Dickie boy....to tap my phones, read my mail, and violate every Constitutional right I have...or thought I had. Or I might trust them to end the lives of 4500 young Americans on their word that we were about to be destroyed by WMD's. Maybe I would trust them to take the largest budget surplus ever given to an incoming President and within a year turn it into the largest deficit. Or maybe I would trust them to almost totally destroy the entire American economy with Voodoo Economics.
Maybe.....but I can be certain I can trust guys like George (Graphic) to rally around these losers and wave the Flag claiming that Omaba is the real problem in America. Booking any vacations to Baghdad George...so you and your family can be showered with flowers from those grateful Iraquis? Or maybe you are still reading Jesus Georges Press notes from 2008 where he told us the economy was on "solid ground"? Wake up George.....your side is as trustworthy as a pickpocket in a crowded subway. Even your "Acorn Buster" guy is about to do some time in a Federal Pen....so much for his integrity....and all those that supported him.
Regards!
I can trust Barney Elmer Fudd Frank to lie straight to the American people that Freddie and Fannie are solid investments and are strong. And to thwart any and all attempts by W to re-regulate them. I can trust Dodd, Frank and the Big O to get money out of the dealings with Freddie and Fannie. I can trust the Big O to spend us into oblivion. I can trust the Big O to let national security fall flat. I can trust the Big O to put a bunch of thieves in as "csars" And a tax cheat in as head of IRS.
01-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Don't know why I bother with this forum.
because it's hilarious to see what tiny, insignificant question will trigger the next political rant from someone

01-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member

in order to be trustworthy ? ....
Trustworthiness.

I can do this all day.
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
because it's hilarious to see what tiny, insignificant question will trigger the next political rant from someone
I've only been on this forum for a short time, but all I see is many of the same people ranting.

Can't see the value of it.
01-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
graphicgr8s

I've only been on this forum for a short time, but all I see is many of the same people ranting.

Can't see the value of it.
It's an escape. Just a little arguing among mostly friends. Well except for one anyway. Have a feeling all of us, if we met in person would be great friends. Except for Rupert. Him and those squirrels are a little "strange"
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
It's an escape. Just a little arguing among mostly friends. Well except for one anyway. Have a feeling all of us, if we met in person would be great friends. Except for Rupert. Him and those squirrels are a little "strange"
In any case, it's mostly confined to the "General Talk" section, so it's easily avoidable.

Although I still think it's hilarious... everything seems to lead to a political rant eventually. I wonder if political forums always end up having photography rants?
01-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

In any case, it's mostly confined to the "General Talk" section, so it's easily avoidable.

Although I still think it's hilarious... everything seems to lead to a political rant eventually. I wonder if political forums always end up having photography rants?
Personally I do my best to keep these type of posts in GT. Anyplace else is the wrong place, wrong time. Unfortunately some (one) folks seem to not follow that and all threads are fair game to that person.
01-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Personally I do my best to keep these type of posts in GT. Anyplace else is the wrong place, wrong time. Unfortunately some (one) folks seem to not follow that and all threads are fair game to that person.
I can't help but feel singled out... I really hope you're referring to someone else, otherwise I'll have to go all "political rant" on you

edit: I try to keep all my negative posts constrained to personal attacks which belittle the character and self-worth of a person, that's far more mature.
01-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

I can't help but feel singled out... I really hope you're referring to someone else, otherwise I'll have to go all "political rant" on you
Doubt it's you.
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I try not to trust anyone at first meeting, or i guess i should say i try not to rely on other people unless i really need to, and even then, i would rather call a friend than bother some random person on the street

which suprisingly has never stopped random people from asking me for help and somehow finding ME trust worthy

and i still dont know why...

unless you meant what makes a friend a trustworthy friend... in which case i wouldnt know either.. haha