Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #76
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, that seems like an honest answer George, I appreciate that. Neither party has much of a clean record when it comes to immigration. One wants the cheap labor...the other wants the votes. The immigrants, legal or otherwise, just want to eat and support their families...same as we do. I have never worked illegals, but I have worked for plenty of them....plumbing is a total myustery to most of them, and they have never beat me out of a dime or been anything less than 100% courteous and respectful, which I always return in kind. They may be illegal but they are no aliens....
Regards!

01-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #77
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, that seems like an honest answer George, I appreciate that. Neither party has much of a clean record when it comes to immigration. One wants the cheap labor...the other wants the votes. The immigrants, legal or otherwise, just want to eat and support their families...same as we do. I have never worked illegals, but I have worked for plenty of them....plumbing is a total myustery to most of them, and they have never beat me out of a dime or been anything less than 100% courteous and respectful, which I always return in kind. They may be illegal but they are no aliens....
Regards!
They ARE stealing from us. The employer generally lists them as independent contractors. That means that the individual is responsible for all taxes including 15% SS and Medicare. You think the illegals pay it? They are also lowering the standard for the pay rate in the jobs they do. So yes, they are stealing from all of us.

And the "cheap" labor is truly bipartisan.
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #78
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Regards!
Both sides want the cheap labor. Pelosi's husband uses them to pick grapes for their winery in Napa/Sonoma wine country. I guarantee that migrant farm workers, illegal or not, earn every penny of their pay.