Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #31
Inactive Account

A lovely case for not letting the gov't do anything much envolving large budgets. A lot of screw ups and finger pointing going way back. My point exactly, you can use various recent examples of a driverless freight train off the rails. The Obama cultists and no better than the Bush cultists. Sure Bush is at fault just like the liberal friends that like to sell mortgages to folks you would not lend $10 too. Sprinkle in Enron and AIG just for seasoning. Now quess who is in place to 'fix' it, just for chuckles.

Books have been written on the pending RE crash and banking issues as well as solvency of FDIC and going back to the S&L debaucle, all of which didn't have to happen if gov't worked properly.

Now that we have near-perfect hind sight, lets move onward with the Obama Care joke now that we can't pay for our imports.

01-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Here is Rupert's Phil Gramm Bogey Man:
Phil Gramm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By blaming this all on Gramm who walked both sides of the street you ignore the liberal regulatory people in place that are the supposed watch dogs of the system. Dogs they are for sure......

Here are a few cartoons for you again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63siCHvuGFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZ9l_AxKjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSIlUpoUdls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75MzlMoccs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTbIb75JdwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1DROEyLH1M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mps3qmYLmhc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXSzl1qUyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-pxrZdSKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ky_-r5E7ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqD5z96HEg

It took me a whole hour to photo chop these videos.

Enjoy
01-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What would have been the point of having more regulators in 2004 when the oversight committee in the House that include Frank, Davis, Waters et al. clobbered the guy for presenting evidence that the books had been cooked at Fannie and Freddie in addition to other irregularities. This committee kept the same posture through early 2008 with Frank lying. What is needed is regulators to regulate the a$$-clowns on this committee and the corresponding Senate committee. On a side note, Waters should be bounced on ethics violations and corruptions on banking matters.

Regardless, people keep making excuses for Barneys Frank et al. saying they based it on "bad" information. Well, the Regulator gave them information and Frank believed his boy friend and Dodd's "business" buddies.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAKMcwyXuqQ&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone… Dems Ignored Warnings
Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
Jim Hoft"

George, I read that list of garbage and at first decided you had been brain washed by the right wing Fat Cats you pimp for, but then realized that is not a possibility with you. The above sentence would tell anyone of even average intelligence, or a little below, that your entire line of thinking is twisted beyond any resemblance of reason. George wanted to warn us....IN 2008.....come on George, it is like he wanted to warn us of terrorists on the afternoon of 911, but the day before he had zero interest in terrorism. Come on George, 2008? You don't think he was just trying to cover his pathetic mangy ass...like you did here with your long winded nonsense. Maybe you never heard of Phil Gramm, George's old Texas buddy that did away with all the banking regulations and Wall Street controls? You conveniently forgot about the author of the economic destruction we are now experiencing...why is that George?
You continue on with your pimping for those Fat Cats that see you as a little mouse like tool to further their greed, and in the end they will take everything you have as your reward.....they are pretty damn close now, and with your help, and the help of other hollow headed servants of the Rich and Crooked, you can upgrade your life by a move to Haiti in a few years.
Regards!
I blame you Texans for Bush because y'all elected him Gov., or he would not have made it to D.C. However, he did warn about Freddie & Fannie in 2001.

[YT], he did warn about Freddie & Fannie in 2001[/YT]

01-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #35
Site Supporter

How about Slick's Housing & Urban Dev. Sec.

Perhaps working on increasing the income level would have been a better strategy than "risky loans."

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmL-lXNy64&feature=related[/YT]
01-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

So some of you (BTW-Thanks for the vids Phil!) are beginning to realize that the greed has no political boundaries! Isn't that a shocking big surprise! While a bunch of us fools here and across the Nation argue over which side has the biggest crooks, both sides laugh their asses off at us as they count their cash that we sent them. You tell me again how this "democracy" is working for you? It is simply a word for "who has the most money" will rule. Is there a better system? Apparently not, the others have all failed too, but make no mistake, ours is in failure mode...Big Time!
Regards!
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, no one commented on the actual contents of the talk and the Q&A. Surprise surprise.

01-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Well, no one commented on the actual contents of the talk and the Q&A. Surprise surprise.
What is there to comment on? If you think Barry went in there and dazzled everyone with his superior speaking ability, you are mistaken. As has been pointed out there were several key questions that weren't asked anyway. Some of the answers that he gave even by the left leaning site linked above had the truth meter at the halfway point. The big mistake you make is that you think that every thing the DNC puts out is for the betterment of the poor, the homeless and the hungry. I made that mistake with Jimmy Carter when I was in JR high and high school. He may have been above it when he first started out but he became a shitbagger just like the rest of them. Biden & T. Kennedy were already a shitbaggers in the Senate when Carter was elected President in '76.

To quote a famous politician, "Just Words, Just Speeches."

Edit:

These questions never got asked.

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
Did he mention anything about the Louisiana Purchase, The Corn Husker pay off off, the union tax exemption, all the Washigton politicians going on Obama Care and old pick up trucks? Just askin.
01-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
What is there to comment on? If you think Barry went in there and dazzled everyone with his superior speaking ability, you are mistaken. As has been pointed out there were several key questions that weren't asked anyway. Some of the answers that he gave even by the left leaning site linked above had the truth meter at the halfway point. The big mistake you make is that you think that every thing the DNC puts out is for the betterment of the poor, the homeless and the hungry. I made that mistake with Jimmy Carter when I was in JR high and high school. He may have been above it when he first started out but he became a shitbagger just like the rest of them. Biden & T. Kennedy were already a shitbaggers in the Senate when Carter was elected President in '76.

To quote a famous politician, "Just Words, Just Speeches."

Edit:

These questions never got asked.

Not taking a stance for the Chosen One in particular, but he was in a room full of sharks out to devour him, and honestly, he turned the tables on every one of them. They are your brightest and most respected wingnuts, and were in a pack together to show him their best efforts at humiliation and slander...and they failed miserably. If you asked me, from what I saw, he is smarter all alone than the entire group of fruitloops together. Most of the questions simply showed the askers ignorance, which Obama quickly brought to light. I understand that you guys think Sarah is a scholar, so I have no problem understanding why you might not see that your boys were humiliated....but most of America saw it, there is no doubt about that. A big scary Black man.....taking on your best and embarrassing the crap out of them....so bad that FIX News left the bludgeoning to show infomercials.....that has to just twist you guys in the gut something awful! Gotta love it! I sure as hell did!
Regards!
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #40
graphicgr8s

"Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 17 Times in 2008 Alone… Dems Ignored Warnings
Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:32 PM
Jim Hoft"

George, I read that list of garbage and at first decided you had been brain washed by the right wing Fat Cats you pimp for, but then realized that is not a possibility with you. The above sentence would tell anyone of even average intelligence, or a little below, that your entire line of thinking is twisted beyond any resemblance of reason. George wanted to warn us....IN 2008.....come on George, it is like he wanted to warn us of terrorists on the afternoon of 911, but the day before he had zero interest in terrorism. Come on George, 2008? You don't think he was just trying to cover his pathetic mangy ass...like you did here with your long winded nonsense. Maybe you never heard of Phil Gramm, George's old Texas buddy that did away with all the banking regulations and Wall Street controls? You conveniently forgot about the author of the economic destruction we are now experiencing...why is that George?
You continue on with your pimping for those Fat Cats that see you as a little mouse like tool to further their greed, and in the end they will take everything you have as your reward.....they are pretty damn close now, and with your help, and the help of other hollow headed servants of the Rich and Crooked, you can upgrade your life by a move to Haiti in a few years.
Regards!
Guess you missed this:

QuoteQuote:
Unfortunately, these warnings went unheeded, as the President’s repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems.

The White House released this list of attempts by President Bush to reform Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac since he took office in 2001.
Unfortunately, Congress did not act on the president’s warnings:
01-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #41
Site Supporter

Not taking a stance for the Chosen One in particular, but he was in a room full of sharks out to devour him, and honestly, he turned the tables on every one of them. They are your brightest and most respected wingnuts, and were in a pack together to show him their best efforts at humiliation and slander...and they failed miserably. If you asked me, from what I saw, he is smarter all alone than the entire group of fruitloops together. Most of the questions simply showed the askers ignorance, which Obama quickly brought to light. I understand that you guys think Sarah is a scholar, so I have no problem understanding why you might not see that your boys were humiliated....but most of America saw it, there is no doubt about that. A big scary Black man.....taking on your best and embarrassing the crap out of them....so bad that FIX News left the bludgeoning to show infomercials.....that has to just twist you guys in the gut something awful! Gotta love it! I sure as hell did!
Regards!
Are you related to the Chris Matthews ass hole on MSLSD? That doesn't bother me in the least. Furthermore those weren't any of my wingnuts in the room. There wasn't a single person in the room I voted for. Like I mention before, I blame you guys for Dumbya for electing him Gov.

Last edited by Blue; 01-30-2010 at 10:19 PM.
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Are you related to Chris Matthews ass hole? That doesn't bother me in the least. Furthermore those weren't any of my wingnuts in the room. There wasn't a single person in the room I voted for. Like I mention before, I blame you guys for Dumbya for electing him Gov.
You are the one that denied the truth of the situation Mr Blue ....."What is there to comment on? If you think Barry went in there and dazzled everyone with his superior speaking ability, you are mistaken." I just pointed out that you were mistaken, which is not an unusual event around here. Nothing to get upset about, better you just get used to it. If I am an ass hole for pointing out your errors, then I am most likely to be a big one.....and you think that might concern me?
Regards!
01-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #43
graphicgr8s

Guys lets keep it clean and somewhat civil before this one gets closed also. How about removing the curses. And no personal attacks. Lets save that for the one.
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I can agree to that George, but honestly, I didn't find any offence in Blue's post. If he feels that way, he ought to say it. Maybe he sould PM me if it will lower his blood pressure, mine never raises a point, so I have no such need. Would I buy Blue a beer? Hell yes...now whether or not he would drink it is his choice. We all know each other here, I never take it personal and assume most all of us are the "good guys" or we wouldn't hang out together...would we?
Regards!
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #45
graphicgr8s

I can agree to that George, but honestly, I didn't find any offence in Blue's post. If he feels that way, he ought to say it. Maybe he sould PM me if it will lower his blood pressure, mine never raises a point, so I have no such need. Would I buy Blue a beer? Hell yes...now whether or not he would drink it is his choice. We all know each other here, I never take it personal and assume most all of us are the "good guys" or we wouldn't hang out together...would we?
Regards!
Just don't want to see another one closed. 2 were closed already for that reason.
Closed Thread