[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGSXMuWMR4&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

01-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pretty accurate.
01-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

That was a brilliant find, RML! I love picking out clichés, and that's pretty much all of them. 'Specially the vox pops. And he nailed the BBC vocal style.

He did miss the Token Expert, though. And the Random Guy Whose Opinion We're Supposed To Respect Even Though He/She Has Absolutely No Connection To The Topic Whatsoever.
01-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

There was one slight error though. He said that the stories generally include facts, when what he should have said is that they include information, sometimes loosely based on facts, reflecting the biases of the reporter and/or news outlet.

01-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So? He showed some fat people and we are supposed to be outraged that the "facts" are slanted? Hell, I see fat pigs everywhere I go, gobbling down Big Macs, struggling to get their elephant like bodies behind the steering wheel of their vehicle, taking up entire aisles in Wallyworld, and eyeing little children at play....not as a objects for a deviant perverted mind, but for a source of food if things get tough and fast food is outlawed. Maybe it is not the slant that is bothering some of you...it is the truth?
Regards!
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
So? He showed some fat people and we are supposed to be outraged that the "facts" are slanted? Hell, I see fat pigs everywhere I go, gobbling down Big Macs, struggling to get their elephant like bodies behind the steering wheel of their vehicle, taking up entire aisles in Wallyworld, and eyeing little children at play....not as a objects for a deviant perverted mind, but for a source of food if things get tough and fast food is outlawed. Maybe it is not the slant that is bothering some of you...it is the truth?
Regards!
Damn I thought certain others were dense, but on this one you get the prize. My comment had nothing to do with anything about the example story in the video. It was a commentary on how news no longer tells us what happened, the media feels compelled to tell us SOME of what happened and a whole lot of why they think it happened, how we should feel about what happened, and what they think should be done about what happened.
Have some coffee and try to shake shake the cobwebs out of the old cabeza, Rupert.
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Damn I thought certain others were dense, but on this one you get the prize. My comment had nothing to do with anything about the example story in the video. It was a commentary on how news no longer tells us what happened, the media feels compelled to tell us SOME of what happened and a whole lot of why they think it happened, how we should feel about what happened, and what they think should be done about what happened.
Have some coffee and try to shake shake the cobwebs out of the old cabeza, Rupert.
I hadn't even read your post, so it is not possible that I replied to what you said. But...after reading it, I can see that you are about as dense as plutonium if you think that showing fat pigs is a perversion of the truth and somehow is twisted by the media? I challenge you to go to any Wallyworld in America and spend 30 seconds or more without spotting a giant overweight blob waddling down the aisles.....and you call the news slanted? I think it is always the facts that irritate the right more than anything else. Whether it is fat people or those phantom WMD's, you guys just don't want to hear anything that has any basis in the truth. It is the best way in the world to spot a right wing fruitloop....just ask them where Obama was born and you know if you have a thinker or a right wing wingnut with a FIX News microchip for a brain. Do you receive in stereo?
Regards!

01-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I hadn't even read your post, so it is not possible that I replied to what you said. But...after reading it, I can see that you are about as dense as plutonium if you think that showing fat pigs is a perversion of the truth and somehow is twisted by the media? .........
O.K. Try reading my reply to your post, densasaurus! I will repeat part of it and type real slow so you can follow.
NONE OF MY COMMENTS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLE STORY IN THE VIDEO.
I was trying to illustrate that true, unbiased, "just the facts, Ma'am" reporting is DEAD! It doesn't matter who is reporting it; FOX, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, ABC, CNN.
News stories anymore are a whole lot of story and very little news.
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

O.K. Try reading my reply to your post, densasaurus! I will repeat part of it and type real slow so you can follow.
NONE OF MY COMMENTS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLE STORY IN THE VIDEO.
I was trying to illustrate that true, unbiased, "just the facts, Ma'am" reporting is DEAD! It doesn't matter who is reporting it; FOX, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, ABC, CNN.
News stories anymore are a whole lot of stry and very little news.

So let's see if I get this right......you read the opening post, watch the video, and then decide to reply with... .... "NONE OF MY COMMENTS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLE STORY IN THE VIDEO."

Wow, talk about dense.....why not just post something about the birds and bees while you were at it ? Maybe you should pay more attention to what is posted and less to the "thoughts" flying around in your brain? You can practice at home...just try walking and chewing gum at the same time...eventually you will get the hang of it....maybe?
Regards!
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

So let's see if I get this right......you read the opening post, watch the video, and then decide to reply with... .... "NONE OF MY COMMENTS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE EXAMPLE STORY IN THE VIDEO."

Wow, talk about dense.....why not just post something about the birds and bees while you were at it ? Maybe you should pay more attention to what is posted and less to the "thoughts" flying around in your brain? You can practice at home...just try walking and chewing gum at the same time...eventually you will get the hang of it....maybe?
Regards!
And you talk about RML. She may be a little eccentric, but you need help.
01-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
graphicgr8s

Jim, he's an overpaid liberal union plumber. What do you expect. (No offense intended Rupert.)

RML why can't you post like that all the time. That was good.

George
01-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Jim, he's an overpaid liberal union plumber. What do you expect. (No offense intended Rupert.)

RML why can't you post like that all the time. That was good.

George
Yeah, it must be tough for him; looking at the world through $h!t colored glasses with a 1 degree FOV.

Ditto on the good post thing RML.
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Yeah, it must be tough for him; looking at the world through $h!t colored glasses with a 1 degree FOV.

Ditto on the good post thing RML.

Gee, I didn't mean to stump you with that walking and chewing gum thing! Maybe you can just start with some Crayons and a Coloring Book to see if you can learn to stay in the lines...you already stated "EMPHATICALLY' that you can't stay with the topic posted. ADD Disorder? They make some meds for that, ever thought of checking it out?
Regards!

George....I see your neighbor does share! It shows! (No disrespect there either!)
Regards!
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Yet again I think I hear a train in the distance... choochoo....

Pat
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Damn Pat, you are so clairvoyant.
Closed Thread