Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Pentax Forums New Years Honours List 2010

A little late but some have expressed interest so let's see how it goes.
First though, A Great big congratulations to each and every one of you. Pentax has grown at an incredible rate over the last year and it's down to you.
A BIG thanks to Adam for providing this home away from home for us.

Here's a brief description of how it works but school starts on Monday and I won't have a lot of spare time so I've modified it from last year in that whoever post a nomination, approval or confirmation should copy the most current list and update it accordingly.

I suggest that people who are interested in nominating someone add a post to this thread naming that person and their reasons for nominating. I also suggest that at least two other members should approve that nomination for it to be confirmed.
Note.
If you are nominating, title your post with the nomination and update the list accordingly.Blue for nomination
If you are approving, title your post as approving and update the list accordingly.Green for first approval
If yours is the second approval, that makes confirmation so update the list accordingly.Red for confirmation

LBA- Used lenses Hinman - Nominated
LBA - New stuff Frank - Nominated
Pre-Spotmatic LBA/CBA Woof - nominated
Pre-Spotmatic LBA/CBA Séamuis - nominated
Takumars Rule, K's drool - Mike Cash Nominated
Longest thread for longest lens - deadwolfbones Nominated
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/71319-s-m-c-ta...0mm-f-8-a.html
GT Referee- Damn Brit Nominated
If it floats or flies shoot it - Planedriver Nominated
Resident rocker- Igilligan Approved
Most faithful PAW poster -Rense Nominated
This next one should be popular and our first group nomination. (Anyone who knows any TV producers, take note).
Group youd most like to see in a housemates reality show- RML, Rupert, Wheatfield, parallax, Graphicsgr8s, , phil1 with MrRiley as show host. nominated
Best avatar - DasBoot Nominated
Most missed member - Gawan Nominated
Plays nice with other kids - Ash Nominated
Provider of most supportive data -Blue Nominated
Man on the street -Javier Nominated
Team Mom -Mel - Nominated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need ideas for honour ideas, see here for last year's honours list: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/other-pentax-related-topics/44168-pentax-...st-2009-a.html

DON'T USE THE SAME PEOPLE, USE THE MOST RECENT FOUND ABOVE

Last edited by Damn Brit; 02-01-2010 at 02:33 PM.
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
]
Isn't that POTW
01-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Isn't that POTW
I thought it was a typo, Rense did people at Work. Which would you prefer?
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought it was a typo, Rense did people at Work. Which would you prefer?
You're right it could go either way, People at work is his thread.

01-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
Damn Brit

I'll leave as-is then.
01-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's already been a year- wow! I remember seeing the 2009 list as if it were yesterday.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, well, a nomination is .... what can I say. Started the thread myself, just to annoy you with my Men at Work 365 project..... I'm a bit in shock I saw my name here ;D. But thanks anyways....!

02-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

Team Mom? What's that all about? Should I be insulted here?
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Team Mom? What's that all about? Should I be insulted here?
absolutely not! You have added a mom's perspective to quite a few threads over the course of the past year and that is good.
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Approvals

LBA- Used lenses Hinman -

Takumars Rule, K's drool - Mike Cash

I'll second these

If you are nominating, title your post with the nomination and update the list accordingly.Blue for nomination
If you are approving, title your post as approving and update the list accordingly.Green for first approval
If yours is the second approval, that makes confirmation so update the list accordingly.Red for confirmation

Here is an initial list with nominations, feel free to raid last years list for ideas - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/44168-pentax-forums-first...ours-list.html

LBA- Used lenses Hinman - Approved
Takumars Rule, K's drool - Mike Cash Approved
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/71319-s-m-c-ta...0mm-f-8-a.html
This next one should be popular and our first group nomination. (Anyone who knows any TV producers, take note).
Group youd most like to see in a housemates reality show- RML, Rupert, Wheatfield, parallax, Graphicsgr8s, , phil1 with MrRiley as show host. nominated

Last edited by Damn Brit; 02-01-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Added complete list
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
absolutely not! You have added a mom's perspective to quite a few threads over the course of the past year and that is good.
Um. Okay. I thought maybe I was supposed to coordinate the post-game snack and drink schedule.
02-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

Not sure if I know how to take that nomination. LOL but I'll second Mel for "Team Mom"

Mike

Here is an initial list with nominations, feel free to raid last years list for ideas - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/44168-pentax-forums-first...ours-list.html

Team Mom -Mel - Approved

Last edited by Damn Brit; 02-01-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added complete list
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Group youd most like to see in a housemates reality show- RML, Rupert, Wheatfield, parallax, Graphicsgr8s, , phil1 with MrRiley as show host.
Surely you did not intend to leave Cody out - just an oversight? I would watch even without Cody though.
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Surely you did not intend to leave Cody out - just an oversight? I would watch even without Cody though.
Come on that wasn't fair. Cody's all right. You should report yourself.
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Please "Quote" the whole list when nominating, approving or confirming.
I won't have time to keep things up to date.

I've edited to previous posts to reflect that.

Here's the current up to date list to work from -

Team Mom -Mel - Approved

Last edited by Damn Brit; 02-01-2010 at 01:59 PM.