Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
China Threatens to Sanction U.S. Companies

Now China wants to dictate to us who we can and can't sell to.
China Threatens Sanctions.
I think we need about a 6 month trade embargo with China. We don't buy anything from them, or sell anything to them. At the end of the six months we can ask them how they want to proceed from there.

01-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think we need about a 6 month trade embargo with China. We don't buy anything from them, or sell anything to them. At the end of the six months we can ask them how they want to proceed from there.

Sounds good....until they start dumping those US Bonds and all the lights go out across America in a flash. You couldn't even access the internet or buy a gallon of gas for a hundred dollars. No, this was a long time in the making and won't be corrected for an even longer time....and by then China will tell us all how to wipe our butts. Get used to it...the future is here. Who sold us out? Your guys did it. My guys did it. All of them did it. What do they care, they are about to get the biggest campaign donations in history....from Chinese Corporations! Thanks to those black robed fools that also sold out. Fat Cats see the future and it is in China, not here, and they are just acting accordingly. It is after all...All about the money!
Regards!
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Sounds good....until they start dumping those US Bonds and all the lights go out across America in a flash. You couldn't even access the internet or buy a gallon of gas for a hundred dollars. No, this was a long time in the making and won't be corrected for an even longer time....and by then China will tell us all how to wipe our butts. Get used to it...the future is here. Who sold us out? Your guys did it. My guys did it. All of them did it. What do they care, they are about to get the biggest campaign donations in history....from Chinese Corporations! Thanks to those black robed fools that also sold out. Fat Cats see the future and it is in China, not here, and they are just acting accordingly. It is after all...All about the money!
Regards!
Rupert, you get so few things right. I just wish this wasn't one of them but unfortunately..................
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

Couldn't happen even if we wanted it to. We don't remember how to make anything anymore.

01-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Couldn't happen even if we wanted it to. We don't remember how to make anything anymore.
Cannoli....we can make Cannoli. I have no proof we can do it, but I've heard about it and I know the Mexicans can make it...so I bet we can too! Would the world buy our Cannoli? Would it be enough to see us through? George...you got Cannoli answers?
Regards!
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Unfortunately you are right

Between the majority of your manufacturing being done in china and them owning a disproportionate percentage of your debt, I'd say that any economical action against china is nearly impossible and they are in a position where they CAN dictate...

I'm honestly not sure how the heck you guys are going to get out of that situation...

Pat
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Unfortunately you are right

Between the majority of your manufacturing being done in china and them owning a disproportionate percentage of your debt, I'd say that any economical action against china is nearly impossible and they are in a position where they CAN dictate...

I'm honestly not sure how the heck you guys are going to get out of that situation...

Pat
That is an honest evaluation, and if there is an easy answer, short of war, I don't see it. We simply sold out our manufacturing and started borrowing to buy back the goods we once made here. Someone got rich...or richer...and the rest of us are now going to pay the price. When we finally realize that the Fat Cats and Wallstreeters are the ones that made the fortunes, we will be speaking Chinese and working in the factories they export here for cheap labor. Could it happen? Would anyone have believed 30 years ago that China would be dictating to our government and financing our political campaigns?
Regards!

01-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #8

If you can get rid off the Federal Reserve, the CIA, most of the current politicians and the blood sucking bankers...you'll be okay, the US will get back it's respect and become the greatest country on this planet. Unfortunately, I don't see that's happening without a revolution or a civil war. JFK tried to print own US money and abolish the feds and the CIA and look what happened to him. Listen to his speech, you'll understand. The biggest problem is the US is going to take the rest of the world down with itself.

At this moment, I think we can just pray and pray real hard.

JFK Speech on Secret Societies and Freedom of the Press

regards
cj
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Regards!
That's why I try not to buy chinese goods anymore than necessary. I have had that philosophy since 1983. It is getting more difficult but I still try. If, I have to go into Wal-Fart or K-Fart, I still steer clear.

Another issue is that we can't even mill cotton grown in the U.S. anymore. In fact, I don't know off an operating mill. That's a big deal to states like Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Mississippi and Alabama. I think Levi are bastards for moving their jean and Dockers plants to China. Tiananmen Square should have been a wake up call.
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That's why I try not to buy chinese goods anymore than necessary. I have had that philosophy since 1983. It is getting more difficult but I still try. If, I have to go into Wal-Fart or K-Fart, I still steer clear.

Another issue is that we can't even mill cotton grown in the U.S. anymore. In fact, I don't know off an operating mill. That's a big deal to states like Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Mississippi and Alabama. I think Levi are bastards for moving their jean and Dockers plants to China. Tiananmen Square should have been a wake up call.
I'm all for that line of thinking and buying....the problem is that we are now given few, and sometimes, no choices. It is like saying we are only going to buy our gas from pumps that use domestic oil...good luck on that!

As I go along here, I want to be clear that I am not China bashing...not the Chinese people for sure, not even their government when it comes to commerce. They did little but meet our demands for cheap goods...those responsible reside in Washington and they are on the right ....and the left......pretty much an equal split from what I see. Our own leaders sold us out.....is there any doubt about it?
Regards!
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
Site Supporter

I'm all for that line of thinking and buying....the problem is that we are now given few, and sometimes, no choices. It is like saying we are only going to buy our gas from pumps that use domestic oil...good luck on that!

As I go along here, I want to be clear that I am not China bashing...not the Chinese people for sure, not even their government when it comes to commerce. They did little but meet our demands for cheap goods...those responsible reside in Washington and they are on the right ....and the left......pretty much an equal split from what I see. Our own leaders sold us out.....is there any doubt about it?
Regards!
That why I said, "try." It has gotten progressively more challenging the past 10 years. As far as the Chinese people goes, they are a diverse and unique group of people not unlike North America or South America. That's why I was disappointed with the out come of Tiananmen Square.
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
Veteran Member

how to stick it to the Chinese

Control the oil...... plain and simple.. Odd isn't it...

China's Quest for Oil - TIME
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-28/saudi-aramco-ceo-says-china-over...-customer.html
Ever wonder why we have to stay "friends" w/ Saudi Arabia at all costs.......
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE60U05D20100131

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-31-2010 at 06:21 PM.
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

China will be drilling right off Florida. Yet our illustrious leaders won't let the US companies drill. Shows how stupid and short sighted the libs are.
01-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
Veteran Member

if you're not in the poorhouse! haha
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
Veteran Member

China will be drilling right off Florida. Yet our illustrious leaders won't let the US companies drill. Shows how stupid and short sighted the libs are.
Why not? In a round about way the Chinese own Florida...and who did that by borrowing to finance two failed wars and the largest tax cut for the wealthiest 2% of Americans in the history of our nation. When you pimp for the rich and for the legacy of Jesus George, it is not a part of your duty to give all the facts, is it? Do some research George, all the oil in America and offshore would have minimal bearing on our economic output...I'm not against drilling for it, but it isn't going to make any real difference other than to satisfy a few wingnuts and their rich buddies at Haliburton. Do you lose sleep worrying about those Fat Cats George? You always seen to want to help them out...what is it they do for you?
Regards!