Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Yeah, I play guitar (3 Taylors-314, 514 and T5), Bass (J&P Fenders, Mustang, Epi-Alan Woody, SG-6 string, Pedula-4&5 string,), and piano. I'm a very active musician at the moment playing bass in my band.

02-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Guitar (Gibson LP Studio Wine Red/Silver) and Congas.
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Started playing bass back in '90 or so while in HS. Was ok at it, but nothing great, but had fun doing it, much like I do with photography. By '95 I had less and less time to play. But I still have everything and pick it up every once in a while, though I've lost most of my ability. An Ibanez Soundgear SR800LE, Peavey TNT 150, ART SGX-2000 Nightbass SE preamp w/X-15 controller, Boss ME-6B, and a couple other effects pedals (though I "lost" my Crybaby).

02-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
The Musicmaster was the kid brother to the Mustang. One pickup instead of two. 3/4 scale too! My Vox's have always only been pure valve, hand wired, no punch boards. (I am a bit of a purist and probably what some may refer to as an amp snob. Hey, at least I can actually play, which can't be said for all amp geekers.).

I have some pics somewhere...let me dig them up.

Jason
Be nice to see that ... looking forward to it.
JP
02-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
My family is instructed to purchase a coffin with enough room for me And that Strat when the time comes.

GBA is right.. Especially in 2009. I had an Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor since about 1996 and decided last year I wanted a Gretsch. Looked at and played several electromatics (the chinese version of the guitar) and decided I wanted the real thing instead. That brought the Nashville to my door which opened the flood gates. I plugged it into my line 6 solid state amp and absolutely hated it because every note cracked and popped. Came to find out quickly that the guitar was just too much for the amp to handle and decided to get the Vox AC30. That led nearly to ABA (Amp buying addiction) as a USA made Fender Hot Rod Deville soon followed. Put the brakes on that addiction though.

Then I made the mistake of surfing the gretsch forums marketplace and the 6120 DSW was at my door 2 months later. Somewhere in there I decided for some unknown reason, I just couldn't live without a Blue Guitar.. Also Had always wanted a Jaguar and found one that I thought might cure the jones.

(photo not taken by me) Doesn't get played very much though it's a decent guitar. Nothing like the stratocaster though.

Didn't work because what I Really wanted and still want is a blue Rickenbacker 660 but that one eludes me.

The 6 string dream of my adult life has always been the Martin HD28. Actually, it's the D45 but I'm never going to pay the price. Just before the Taylor shown in the other post, I finally found one for a price I was willing to pay.

Of all the guitars I bought in 2009, this is the one I question the least. Unfortunately after I got the GBA and ABA under control, CBA and LBA reared their ugly heads again.
That Jaguar is exactly what I had ... was manufactured in the late sixties I think. Anyway, probably one of the best little guitars I've owned. Too bad I sold it: keep kicking myself for having done that!
I still have my two Ibannez guitars, one older (12 strings) and a "newer" jazz/sem-acoustic which really rocks. My fav is a hand-made 6 string acoustic c. 1984 ... Norman is the brand. They are now mass produced under a new name, nowhere near the quality of this oldie.

JP
02-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the '60's and '70's, I played tenor sax and flute in a variety of rock, blues and fusion bands to give me pocket change and some fun away from working on degrees in chemistry.

Today - for my own amusement - I play a Hammond XK-3c organ (driven through the small Leslie 21), coupled with a Nord Lead 2x analog synth emulator, a Yamaha ES90 88-key digital piano/synth, and a Boss DR-770 drum machine driven through an old Alesis RA-100, via a Mackie DFX-12 mixer, into a pair of Alesis Monitor One Mk2 speakers . . . . all of which makes a big noise in a 12 X 14 room.

I think I posted pics of this rig a couple of years ago.

Jer

I've added a couple of shots of my outfit - taken some time ago before I added the Leslie.

Last edited by Sailor; 02-02-2010 at 05:45 AM.
02-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomascdk Quote
Guitar, trumpet, piano, but mostly these days making music on the computer.

www respirator dk
You probably played in a band, or still are?
So, what sort of music do you compose on the computer?

JP
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zenspector Quote
Yeah, I play guitar (3 Taylors-314, 514 and T5), Bass (J&P Fenders, Mustang, Epi-Alan Woody, SG-6 string, Pedula-4&5 string,), and piano. I'm a very active musician at the moment playing bass in my band.
What style do you play, Zen?
I played a bit of bass way back when, and used a Fender Jazzmaster. That thing was so big! Me and my small stature: the guitar was bigger than I am.

JP
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Guitar (Gibson LP Studio Wine Red/Silver) and Congas.
Rense,
This reminds me of the LP Recording I had for a while.
And the thing is that I sold it so cheap!
I seriously wish I still had it but ... it was a lot of fun.
JP
02-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #26
Pentaxian

hey musicians.
definitely check out forumite Marc Sabatella, an excellent jazz pianist and composer.
Then there is igilligan, aka Gus, who is a wonderful vocalist for the Lawn Vultures.

i play piano, guitar, clarinet & tenor sax, and do like to photograph my guitars...i will scare up a couple to post.
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #27
Pentaxian

a couple of my newest, make that second newest, guitar:

02-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #28
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
a couple of my newest, make that second newest, guitar:

That's a sexy thing Mike.

I play Jazz Triangle.
02-02-2010, 01:42 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Been playing for about 12yrs now
02-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Here are some shots of some of my stuff I kept.

Guitars pictures from music photos on webshots

Jason