Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
My ol' 1972 12-string acoustic Ibanez is at the hospital undergoing transplants and other such surgical procedures.
I am hoping it will recover without much side effects.

JP

03-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #92
Veteran Member

I'm mainly a guitarist.

Is this supposed to be a gear list? Let's see, the electrics: Tamara black bass, Windaroo blond Les-Paul-clone, Aria 1262 sunburst jazz archtop, Aloha Hawaiian (with matching 15-watt tube amp), and a 3-string cigar box fretlless I got from the maker in Kentucky (which sounds great with my cigarette-pack amps).

Everything else is acoustic: the 6-steel-string wood-bodies are a yardsale Ibanez PF5, a walnut Arts et Luthiere, and a Martin Backpacker (doubles as a canoe paddle). Then there's the pawnshop 12-string Ovation, the Academy biscuit resophonic (dobro), and two 12-string Cümbüş 'lutes' - one fretless (Turkish mode), one fretted (slide guitar mode).

The yardsale Orlando 5-string banjo and Kay mandolin, grandpa's 1895 banjo-mandolin, a nameless banjo-ukelele. A quattro, a 12-string mandolin I got from the maker in Michoacan. A Tarahumara fiddle from the maker in Chihuahua. A couple mountain dulcimers, one a Maffick, one Chinese -- a real deal from a WalMart on the Mexican border. Oh yeah, I used to build and sell dulcimers. I think that about covers the stringed instruments.

I still need a bowed psaltery. And I should have bought that 3-string standup bass in Guatemala, but I couldn't fit it atop the car.

A few recorders (soprano, alto, tenor), tinwhistles, Tonettes, pentatonic flutes, bagpipe chanter, bamboo sax, ocarinas (5- and 10-holed), nose flute, slide whistle, kazumpets, Incan panpipes (a booger to play), homemade digiridoo, etc. I got rid of the clarinet (which I trained on) and the slide trombone (which I didn't, but it sure resonated nicely in mountain valleys)

Minor percussion: tubular bells, tamborines, Tarahumara and Mayan and Irish and Bengali drums, a couple tuned tongue drums, rattles and castanets and finger cymbals, a 'guitar' pan (steel drum), etc. Various analog and digital synths: except for the MiniMoog, they're nothing special. I got rid of the Wurlitzer church organ, too much to haul around. I've already refused to inherit a couple pianos -- no place to put them. Anyway, I'm mainly a guitarist.

Last edited by RioRico; 03-25-2010 at 01:56 AM.
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Instruments
Guitars:
Austin brand strat
Samick Acoustic
Ibanez talman artcore tm71t semi-hollow body (long name I know)

Other instruments:
Piano, timpani, xylophone, vibraphone, marimba and drums

It's been a long time since I played anything other than guitar and piano though.
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RolloR Quote
I play the good 'ol electric guitar.

This is my 15-year old Korean Squier Strat (my first guitar):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v41GR92CzI[/YT]

I hope you like it

video shot using a Pentax K-x!

Nice playing! Makes me want to start really work on my guitar again.

03-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #95

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
Nice playing! Makes me want to start really work on my guitar again.
Thanks!