Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Wheatfield,
I don't doubt you a bit! I've had UPS leave stuff at the end of my drive. And USPS leave boxes hanging in a USPS plastic bag from my mailbox. Not to mention having bills and other mail rubberbanded to a box and left on my front steps, rain or shine.
And my nosey neighbors wouldn't call a fire truck if my house was burning.

02-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I want to make two things clear..

1) I in no way blame Adorama, I realize they had no fault in this, and they have been most helpful.

2) I have never before had a problem, in fact until I used Fed-Ex to get some wing delivered last month, I much preferred UPS, I would go out of my way to use them.

But now I dunno about them. The package has been now sitting in MSP for 4 days, and it is supposed to arrive back at Adorama on Friday..It'd be nice to just know where it is.

Oh well, maybe I need to learn some patience instead of my damn youthful anticipation, or whatever you would call it.
02-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
jqjones: So I live in an apartment and left a note on the door asking them to leave the package there. They didn't and said that I could pick it up within 5 business days. When I went to pick it up (next business day) they had returned it to the sender.
I have been working for United Parcel Service since 1989. I am proud of this fact, and even more proud of the awesome men and women with whom I work. We at UPS understand we do not have a product to sell; rather we have a service. That means our families' livelihoods depend upon our service. Accordingly, we strive with all we have to give our customers the best possible service. It is not only in our customers' best interests, but in ours as well.

A driver is responsible for the merchandise in his/her service vehicle. That means they can not just leave goods anywhere, particularly at apartment complexes. Moreover, a driver can be making 140 stops in 1 day and simply does not have time to wait at a delivery site. But I assure, they avail themselves to every possible means to make a delivery. No way in the world do we want to pay a driver (gas prices too) to make 2 or 3 stops for a delivery unless it is absolutely necessary. Do you want to guess what a service vehicle gets for MPG? What do you suppose happens when a driver leaves a parcel at an apartment complex and the parcel never makes it into the hands of the rightful owner?

There are measures you can take to prevent problems. For example, if you know it is likely you will not be able to be home at delivery time, you can have the parcel sent elsewhere, to a place where someone will be there.

UPS was founded in 1907--I think that speaks volume! It is not a perfect company; there is no such thing as a perfect anything. But I assure you, the company perfectly pursues & envisions excellence.

I am sorry to hear about the mishap with your parcel, genuinely so.

Best!

QuoteQuote:
Le Dave: Unlike UPS which don't even work at all even on Sunday's
Yes, UPS does work on Sundays, not the entire work force, but UPS does work on Sundays--I assure you.
02-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
A driver is responsible for the merchandise in his/her service vehicle. That means they can not just leave goods anywhere, particularly at apartment complexes. Moreover, a driver can be making 140 stops in 1 day and simply does not have time to wait at a delivery site. But I assure, they avail themselves to every possible means to make a delivery. No way in the world do we want to pay a driver (gas prices too) to make 2 or 3 stops for a delivery unless it is absolutely necessary. Do you want to guess what a service vehicle gets for MPG? What do you suppose happens when a driver leaves a parcel at an apartment complex and the parcel never makes it into the hands of the rightful owner?
I don't blame the driver, heck they were doing their job, I know what its like to work a thankless job..

The breakdown was the status on the website telling me to go pick it up and then when I arrived it had already been re-shipped back. I realize that the human components in this ordeal had little to no fault, but I got to vent my frustrations and that is what makes the internet a great and crappy thing all the same..

By the way, thanks for doing whatever it is you do to get people their stuff.