Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simplification is one thing, but I wouldn't refer to Wikipedia as a source for anything political: easy enough for someone with money or other motivation to change it.

Surely, the rich actually end up paying a lot less than the rates they are theoretically-assessed, but that doesn't mean that the poorest are the ones who can spare any more on top of already paying the same percentage of what income they have in taxes.

02-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Surely if tax rates changed you'd know about it, doesn't it make the news?
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Surely if tax rates changed you'd know about it, doesn't it make the news?
Charlie Wrangel blamed the confusion of the tax code for his tax evasion woes. He was the head of the Ways & Means committee that set those very codes. The change each year so it isn't always clear cut.
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
LOL! Tax tables are meaningless, Rupert. It's the tax collected that matters. Marginal rates cut, revenues increased and ther share of taxes paid by the rich increased as well. Look it up, if you're brave enough to face the facts. Oh, I forgot, facts are meaningless in a political discussion with the left.

BTW, the IRS is acquiring another 60 12 gauge shotguns to help with tax enforcement. https://www.fbo.gov:443/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=8d3b076bd4de14bbda5...1&cck=1&au=&ck. I sure hope tou didn't make a mistake on your return.

A question: Why to you and your other friends on the left find it impossible to have a discussion without name calling?

Let's see if I understand your "Facts"......10% of a dollar under Reagan was a dime...but 10% under Obama is a quarter? You guys use that fuzzy logic all the time...it is why you are all fixated on FIX News.....they use the same formulas.

We thought you guys liked that name calling stuff...every Tea Party I see has those Obama Monkey signs and other deragatory and inflammatory words of hate and racism (Ususlly misspelled)...... so we just figure we need to talk on your terms....so you will feel more at home.....a little "Magic Negro" background music and you guys get in your comfort zone quickly. Not so? I didn't hear you complaining about those signs or that jingle? Why is that?
Regards!

02-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Let's see if I understand your "Facts"......10% of a dollar under Reagan was a dime...but 10% under Obama is a quarter? You guys use that fuzzy logic all the time...it is why you are all fixated on FIX News.....they use the same formulas.

We thought you guys liked that name calling stuff...every Tea Party I see has those Obama Monkey signs and other deragatory and inflammatory words of hate and racism (Ususlly misspelled)...... so we just figure we need to talk on your terms....so you will feel more at home.....a little "Magic Negro" background music and you guys get in your comfort zone quickly. Not so? I didn't hear you complaining about those signs or that jingle? Why is that?
Regards!
There you go with your left wing race card again. Are you related to Chris Moutthews?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oty9yv03vPE[/YT]
02-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Simplification is one thing, but I wouldn't refer to Wikipedia as a source for anything political: easy enough for someone with money or other motivation to change it.

Surely, the rich actually end up paying a lot less than the rates they are theoretically-assessed, but that doesn't mean that the poorest are the ones who can spare any more on top of already paying the same percentage of what income they have in taxes.
The last part was from here:
Why The Tax Rate Debate Is Irrelevant - Forbes.com
addendum:
Flat Tax: Debatabase - Debate Topics and Debate Motions
02-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Charlie Wrangel blamed the confusion of the tax code for his tax evasion woes. He was the head of the Ways & Means committee that set those very codes. The change each year so it isn't always clear cut.
The actual tax rates and scales change yearly??? i seriously doubt that.

02-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #23
Site Supporter

The actual tax rates and scales change yearly??? i seriously doubt that.
Then you are seriously ignorant of our income tax system. What deductions are allowable and to what extent, exemptions etc. changes. It doesn't matter if the actual rate has no change or small changes. It comes down to "taxable" income which isn't the same thing as the gross. You can't look on your w-2 and tell if you paid in enough based on the numbers that are on it. You have to use a form and figure it out at the end of the year.
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Sorry, Rupert, I should have known that the facts were over your head. Of course, hiding from the facts and denying them doesn't, in the least, change them. Again, you need to look a little further than the tax tables. (But I'm sure you won't)

QuoteQuote:
Regards!
You seem to be fixated on the fact that the president is black. It seems to me that the first thing you see when you look at him is his color. You never miss an opportunity to raise the issue. A bit of projection, eh? I don't see his skin color, but I do see a person that represents a lot pf policies that I disagree with.

Does the fact that he is black somehow make him immune from criticism of his policies? It's OK to continually blast GWB because he's white, but not BHO because he happens to be black? What a disingenuous way to try to stifle criticism of his policies and politics.
02-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

There you go with your left wing race card again. Are you related to Chris Moutthews?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oty9yv03vPE[/YT]

Yes, he "forgot it".....not me, I know he is Black but have no problem at all with that fact. You guys will not only never forget it, it eats at your gut night and day. You can tell me otherwise, but just like those Muslims that never complain of the "death to America" chants of their brothers in Islam, you guys never complain about those Obama Monkey signs or the Magic Negro tune that is the trademark of your party leader. We know you.....and you are a dying breed, just letting out your last breath of race filled hatred before you go extinct. You won't be missed......
Regards!
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
graphicgr8s

Yes, he "forgot it".....not me, I know he is Black but have no problem at all with that fact. You guys will not only never forget it, it eats at your gut night and day. You can tell me otherwise, but just like those Muslims that never complain of the "death to America" chants of their brothers in Islam, you guys never complain about those Obama Monkey signs or the Magic Negro tune that is the trademark of your party leader. We know you.....and you are a dying breed, just letting out your last breath of race filled hatred before you go extinct. You won't be missed......
Regards!
I have no problem with his skin color. His policies and politics however are another matter.
02-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #27
Site Supporter

Regards!
If you think skin color matters to me, you are dumber than a road killed armadillo.

One of my bosses just got appointed by BHO as Assistant Secretary of Commerce. Dr. Robinson is a good man. He was Provost before VP.

http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?a=headlines&p=display&news=1382

Edit: One other thing, the GOP isn't my party and Flush Flimball certainly isn't my leader. When I don't want to listen to him, I know how to turn the radio to another channel or pop in some mp3s.

Last edited by Blue; 02-03-2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: better link
02-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Then you are seriously ignorant of our income tax system. What deductions are allowable and to what extent, exemptions etc. changes. It doesn't matter if the actual rate has no change or small changes. It comes down to "taxable" income which isn't the same thing as the gross. You can't look on your w-2 and tell if you paid in enough based on the numbers that are on it. You have to use a form and figure it out at the end of the year.
So how do you under pay then? You can only under pay if you have assumed the deductable rules are the same yearto year and you did not allow enough 'fat' in cas ethey had changed.
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #29
graphicgr8s

So how do you under pay then? You can only under pay if you have assumed the deductable rules are the same yearto year and you did not allow enough 'fat' in cas ethey had changed.
You under pay by not claiming enough deductions on your W-4.

I wonder how many will say I have the wrong form. That it's supposed to be a W-2
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If you own a business your income isn't steady and can not be anticipated. Your quarterly estimated tax (the business version of withholding) is based on the previous years taxes. If you make more this year than you did last year, resulting in a higher adjusted gross income then you have underpaid.
Closed Thread