Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is wrong with Amazon.

I swear it is a huge conspiracy here with most claiming Amazon is a reliable site to order stuff in the recent threads.

I had problems with my first order directly through Amazon, as they kept the item which was in stock for 10 days prior to sending it in as i didn't pay for the 2-day option.

Then I was looking for a particular small camera bag which is going out of production. They come in several colors and the black.gray was only available at Amazon. Even though it was more expensive than the other colors like RED etc, I opted to buy it at Amazon.

Placed an order on Jan/21st and I got an e-mail the next day on the 22nd that the item was shipped. This time it was with a third part via Amazon. I was thrilled, but that was very short lived. I checked my phone messages, and there was a message from the vendor saying they don't have the black/gray and only the red and one other, and even before I could respond they had shipped it and they did not even leave a number for me to call back. I checked the incoming calls and tried to contact but it was after-hours.

I immediately e-mailed the shop and Amazon. In a few days I got messages back from both places saying it will be taken care of once the package arrives. It's been over 10 days and the USPS package still hasn't arrived. In fact two days ago I get a mail from the shop asking how I like my new product. What product?...I emailed them saying I haven't received it yet, and yet to hear from them.

Then today I go to my Amazon account and check 'my account' and my order history so i could contact them regarding this purchase. The only transaction history in there is the one gift card I bought, and no hint of the lens I bought earlier or this camera bag. I chose the 60 day transaction history and all of this were purchased within that time.

Also, my lens came with the lens box placed inside another box with only one side protected with the bubble packing and the other 5 sides left open, but as the package wasn't damaged I didn't care.

Personally I have done shopping with many many different shops, so far Amazon has been the worst.

02-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, I checked my amazon 'account' in my other computer and Amazon history shows the items and says it is on it's way...so, even though I am not thrilled with the experience so far this is all that I want at this time...now, I can at least contact Amazon.
02-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Well it sounds like 1) you don't know how to operate the web site so hot.

2) you were way too tolerant of the issues with the third party and amazon. Next time don't wait as long. You should be able to file a complaint about not receiving the product, and be able to leave negative feedback.

3) You probably ordered more than one thing, and chose the save money by minimizing the number of shipment options.

People say amazon is good, they didn't say it required zero effort to actually get stuff from them.

Outside of 3rd party issues, I think you are going ot find way too many satisfied customers for your rant to hit home with too many.
02-04-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raz-0 Quote
Well it sounds like 1) you don't know how to operate the web site so hot.

2) you were way too tolerant of the issues with the third party and amazon. Next time don't wait as long. You should be able to file a complaint about not receiving the product, and be able to leave negative feedback.

3) You probably ordered more than one thing, and chose the save money by minimizing the number of shipment options.

People say amazon is good, they didn't say it required zero effort to actually get stuff from them.

Outside of 3rd party issues, I think you are going ot find way too many satisfied customers for your rant to hit home with too many.
Hey! thanks for your thoughts.....

02-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've used them many times over the years. Only twice there were issues. First time was using a pre-paid gift card in the full amount. It would run a $1 check of the card, dropping the limit, and then cancel the transaction for lack of funds when trying to charge the full amount. After a call, I was given a $10 credit on my next purchase. Second time was a third party cheapy light stand that was shipped without the shoe for holding the flash. Contacted the seller and had it shipped later that day. All in all, I'd call that about 99.5% for Amazon in my case.
02-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been buying from Amazon for years, both from the German and from the US operations. I am completely satisfied. Never had a problem, except one, when delivery info on the web page was quite misleading. But a simple email cleared the confusion.

Ben
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I've made somewhere near a hundred purchases through Amazon and never had a problem.

02-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is just bad luck I guess. The item which was shipped from Crawford's store on the 22nd still hasn't arrived yet. My final e-mail warning prior to filing a claim was just sent in. I've shopped with so many different vendors - B&H, Adorama, Willoubhy's, 47th photo, Calumet, Sigma4less, Matsuyastore, prodigital2000 and many others I can't remember, and they all have been as simple as clicking on the pay icon and choosing a method of payment and then just forgetting about it. The shipment arrives all on it's own after a few days - not so with Amazon with my first two orders.

Last edited by pcarfan; 02-09-2010 at 08:37 AM.
02-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
It is just bad luck I guess. The item which was shipped from Crawford's store on the 22nd still hasn't arrived yet. My final e-mail warning prior to filing a claim was just sent in. I've shopped with so many different vendors - B&H, Adorama, Willoubhy's, 47th photo, Calumet, Sigma4less, Matsuyastore, prodigital2000 and many others I can't remember, and they all have been as simple as clicking on the pay icon and choosing a method of payment and then just forgetting about it. The shipment arrives all on it's own after a few days - not so with Amazon with my first two orders.
I would have to say, however, that I'm pretty skeptical of Amazon Marketplace sellers, even some of the ones you listed as don't-think-about-it sellers.
02-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I swear it is a huge conspiracy here with most claiming Amazon is a reliable site to order stuff in the recent threads.

I had problems with my first order directly through Amazon, as they kept the item which was in stock for 10 days prior to sending it in as i didn't pay for the 2-day option.

Then I was looking for a particular small camera bag which is going out of production. They come in several colors and the black.gray was only available at Amazon. Even though it was more expensive than the other colors like RED etc, I opted to buy it at Amazon.

Placed an order on Jan/21st and I got an e-mail the next day on the 22nd that the item was shipped. This time it was with a third part via Amazon. I was thrilled, but that was very short lived. I checked my phone messages, and there was a message from the vendor saying they don't have the black/gray and only the red and one other, and even before I could respond they had shipped it and they did not even leave a number for me to call back. I checked the incoming calls and tried to contact but it was after-hours.

I immediately e-mailed the shop and Amazon. In a few days I got messages back from both places saying it will be taken care of once the package arrives. It's been over 10 days and the USPS package still hasn't arrived. In fact two days ago I get a mail from the shop asking how I like my new product. What product?...I emailed them saying I haven't received it yet, and yet to hear from them.

Then today I go to my Amazon account and check 'my account' and my order history so i could contact them regarding this purchase. The only transaction history in there is the one gift card I bought, and no hint of the lens I bought earlier or this camera bag. I chose the 60 day transaction history and all of this were purchased within that time.

Also, my lens came with the lens box placed inside another box with only one side protected with the bubble packing and the other 5 sides left open, but as the package wasn't damaged I didn't care.

Personally I have done shopping with many many different shops, so far Amazon has been the worst.
let me get this straight, you used a third party through amazon and you blame amazon?

really?

you have to watch where you are buying from, its like blaming Adam/PentaxForums when some user here decides to jack you in the marketplace.
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Gooshin,

Are you sure that is the relationship with Amazon and 3rd party vendors at Amazon? I was hoping Amazon stands behind there 3rd party vendors and are responsible for any issue.

This is exactly the kind of information I want to gather and want others to know about. The first responder made it clear that there is more effort than the usual with Amazon. I don't know what is the right time to send the complaint e-mail etc, I apparantly waited a little too long. You are claiming that Amazon is not responsible for there third party vendors. This is valuable information that is important to know prior to shopping with Amazon.

I am not kidding, I really thought they do stand behind their vendors and it takes the same effort as other shops I've dealt with. I stand corrected.
02-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I am not kidding, I really thought they do stand behind their vendors and it takes the same effort as other shops I've dealt with. I stand corrected.
wanna point to me where Amazon explicitly states that they DO stand behind 3rd party sellers?

curious, what led you to "really think" that they would break their backs to back a company that they have zero control over?

Your issue is not with Amazon, but with Crawford,

Crawford is in charge of inventory
Crawford is in charge of shipping

If Crawford claimed that they shipped the item, what do you expect Amazon to do, chase down the delivery guy or the wear house worker for losing your order?

Last edited by Gooshin; 02-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.
02-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
wanna point to me where Amazon explicitly states that they DO stand behind 3rd party sellers?

curious what led you to "really think" that they would break their backs to back a company they have zero control over?
LOL! if I know where it explicitly says that, wouldn't I have said so..I hope it was a rhetorical question.
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Amazon.com Help: A-to-z Guarantee Protection

QuoteQuote:
What is the Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee?

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments. That is why we guarantee purchases from Amazon Marketplace and Merchant sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Do you have the link to where they get their back fixed as well