Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
You can add another model railroader to this list.
Here are a few pics of my N-scale (1/160) Canadian Pacific RR.
Most of the structures are scratch built, like the trestle & bridges in the first photo.
A few cases of beer went into that one.

Attached Images

Last edited by Gillies; 02-09-2010 at 04:01 AM.
02-09-2010, 03:49 AM   #32
Closed Account

Train modeling, airplane and helicopters flying (models), airplane and train simulators, astronomy, computers, electronics, video, programming, mountain biking, ski, etc. There is more.. not enough space left
02-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I have young kids, which mean what little personal time I have left goes to photography. Picked up quite a bit of N scale Kato and some G scale when my oldest was 3, although it tends to stay shelved as I have a one year old at home now (much to my older ones chagrin). When he is a little older it will come out.

I used to play drums and had a gorgeous set of maple Tama Starclassics in golden amber lacquer with cast hoops....but they stayed packed up for about 6 years, so I sold them a few months ago . I’ll pick up another set when the kids are older and I have time to get back into it.

Other than that, my oldest is in Beavers (5 to 7 year old Scouts) so I am a leader in his colony. Sounds from other posts that there are quite a few of us helping out in Scouting. I got involved as there was too few adults to run his group....ends up it's a lot of fun.
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #34
Veteran Member

i'm an avid trail & downhill/freeride mountian biker. my dualie is gonna be 7 this year, and with brakes going on 10 it's got a nice vintage appeal these days.

i put together this hardtail 2 years ago and love it, but it's not as much fun at the local hills (due to speed & safety) so i'm going to swap the frame and wheelset, and boom my fiance has a high end bike.

I also have been keeping a mixed reef for a few years. this is an old pic when i had a hanging metal halide/t5ho fixture and diff hardware in the tank. i'm seriously considering changing my current t5ho fixture to leds 'cause it'd cost less than half as much to run the lights over the next 15 years.

i also got a sweet dlna/upnp network with an atom/ion htpc (25w peak) that plays everything thanks to the ion chip & bluray/hddvd drive. calibrated 32bit samsung 6series tv, with rca output to my class a/b p/p tube amp with electro-harmonix tubes

it's awesome! a/v equipment used to be a hobby, but i gave away my marantz receiver to a good friend and downsized to tubes/monitors.

i'm also at a point with my career where i'm making my own web apps/frameworks and releasing things (when i have time to dev) under the mit license so other companies/people can extend & use the base code. the general idea is that after i get roughly 200hr into the project i'll have a suite of tools/apps to resell in the market i tend to work in (gov & priv sector). it's really just a case of "sure i could use X framework for Y task, but if i write my own i know what it's doing all the time and it'll be leaner/faster".

it's also a case where my hobby/interest in making flash/dynamic websites in the mid 90s (teens) became a shitty job at $8/hr which is now my pretty solid career. after i finish an mvc2.net project i have a few iphone apps to make with the airplay sdk (windows/c++), which should translate into desirable experience for my current job.

Last edited by attack11; 02-09-2010 at 05:49 AM.
02-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
Veteran Member

• PC gaming--working through Mass Effect 1 at the moment, but mostly I do sim racing (LFS, iRacing, etc) where I manage a team and organize several leagues
  • Reading--mostly "literary" fiction, but some nonfic and genre stuff as well
  • Writing--working on a novel (it sucks so far)
  • Cooking--just takes practice