Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Inactive Account

One more on Global Warming

Besides Philly being buried in snow, India has pulled out of the Copenhagen group of nations completely. Now that really makes all those private jets and wasted travel not to mention the 100++ US tag-alongs that went there on the public's dime a huge bust. Me thinks Al Gore and the group is all about the money.

This pretty much nails it, worth a peek:

John Coleman | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Latest Headlines

02-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More of that stupidity. How many times do we have to tell the head-in-the-sand crowd that a cold day or a snowstorm somewhere *doesn't mean climate change isn't happening?*

More heat in the system is perfectly capable of driving cold air down from the Arctic instead of it staying up there as much as usual.

Nor does lack of an economic agreement about who's to do what about the phenomenon mean that denial pseudoscience/anti-science is any more 'true.'
02-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No comment on the link? That sounds like the standard GW fan shoot from the hip rebuttle.
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

"Me thinks Al Gore and the group is all about the money."

Wow, that is a novel thought.....you really think Big Al would sell us a sack of trash just for the money? I'm sure glad our politicians don't take that route...we could end up trillions in debt and heading for being a third rate nation.
Since we installed climate control in the early 50's, I thought it covered the whole world...for all eternity? Someone here came up with some insane idea the the world cycles from ice age to tropic conditions...... all on its own! What kind of bizzare idea is that? Do they really think we can't control the weather?
Regards!

02-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Plate tectonics is far more catastrophic to human endeavors than the man induced global warming hypothesis. As far as climate change goes, duh. The earth is constantly changing on so many levels it isn't funny as is the sun and the whole solar system. There is a difference in being good stewards and creating a Carbon Theology. Albert Arnold has people upset about the polar bears when manatees and sea turtles are freezing to death in Florida.

How many of natural phenomena are driven by the earths axis alone which isn't exactly static?
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You're willing to dismiss Al Gore's opinion as junk but then deem credible the viewpoint of a man with nothing more than a degree in journalism? I'm not choosing any side here but I'll take Mr Coleman's stance with a grain of salt. He's been on the show & tell circuit for the past few years and I suspect he's also made a fair amount of money taking the other side if the climate change coin.

Larry
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
You're willing to dismiss Al Gore's opinion as junk but then deem credible the viewpoint of a man with nothing more than a degree in journalism? I'm not choosing any side here but I'll take Mr Coleman's stance with a grain of salt. He's been on the show & tell circuit for the past few years and I suspect he's also made a fair amount of money taking the other side if the climate change coin.

Larry
I'm not giving Coleman any credit. But that's just the point, Albert Arnold Gores mantra is just his opinion which has been shown to have some major scientific flaws. On top of that, he has been linked with some major water pollution related to his mining interests. Furthermore, he is a 2-bit lawyer and over priced politician. I regret ever voting for the fop.

Edit: However, people tried to give Bore more credit than Dr. Gray when it came to hurricanes and global warming. Bore's credibility is based on a Nobel Peace Prize which really doesn't have jack to do with science.

02-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Banned

Conservatives are so braindead they don't even know what the word Global means.
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
No one really brought up conservative in this thread. However, since you did, that is part of the problem with this entire global warming debate. It comes down to the dogma on the left and the dogma on the right, a political football of sorts. Liberal and conservative in the classic definitions aren't derogatory terms. It took mental midgets to accomplish that.
02-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
Banned

Would you prefer dumb redneck KKKonservatives instead ?
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Would you prefer dumb redneck KKKonservatives instead ?
Who exactly at whom are you leveling that comment? Lars Kamel or Dr. Gray? However, you could level it at Senator Byrd.
02-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
Banned

At all of the Palin, Glenn Beck and Rush Limpdick worshippers.
02-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
Site Supporter

At all of the Palin, Glenn Beck and Rush Limpdick worshippers.
That could also be applied to the keith Overbite, Chris Mouthews, and Anderson Pooper. However, that has nothing to do with this topic.
02-07-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That could also be applied to the keith Overbite, Chris Mouthews, and Anderson Pooper. However, that has nothing to do with this topic.
Wrong, try again.
02-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

It's about the money...not about brain dead politicians and hucksters, right or left. Al is making a fortune and he wants more...and he wants you to pay for it all. If you don't see that, drive a 60 penny nail through your head and wait five minutes, pull it out and if you don't feel anything, then re-evaluate your definition of brain dead. In your case, I doubt you will feel a thing.
Regards!