Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rhodopsin Quote
I carried a pager for many years, but put my foot down hard when asked to use a cell phone, and I never have. My Dad's EE, my own Physics studies, numerous warnings published over the years, and first hand experience seeing effects of microwave towers on surrounding vegetation, such as stunted and weird growths for thousands of feet, lead me to believe the radiation is harmful to health.

Could Your Cell Phone End Up Killing You? | Personal Health | AlterNet
All the participants in that study have one thing in common, though, or at least most of them: they're businessmen who are constantly on their phones, virtually every waking hour of every day.

That said, I rarely have the phone to my ear. I use speaker whenever possible holding the phone away from me. I'm getting a bluetooth for when I can't use speaker.

02-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rhodopsin Quote
I carried a pager for many years, but put my foot down hard when asked to use a cell phone, and I never have. My Dad's EE, my own Physics studies, numerous warnings published over the years, and first hand experience seeing effects of microwave towers on surrounding vegetation, such as stunted and weird growths for thousands of feet, lead me to believe the radiation is harmful to health.

Could Your Cell Phone End Up Killing You? | Personal Health | AlterNet
What? No cell phone? You must get awfully bored when you drive.....
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
AT&T uses GSM for their cell services. Verizon (and former Alltel) use CDMA. Not too sure why your signal would be worse with VZ than it was with Alltel other than if VZ did some work to the network after acquiring it (remapping, hardware/software 'upgrades' etc). If you get good GSM signal and you're happy with the service stick with it.

And don't forget to thank the congress and senate critters from your state along with the FCC for making sure you have no real competitors to be able to choose from.
02-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Maybe no one wants to hear you.
We all want to HEAR YOU GEORGE!!!!!!!!!

HA!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I busted out yo windows........