Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Impusle purchase

So what was your last impluse purchase ?

My last one was actually food while shopping in Costco being very hungry , never a good combo ...(some processed , "microwaverable" frozen breakfast sandwich which I am not sure if it contained any nutritional value at all , in fact under strick lab conditions not even sure it would pass for food )

Before that I got a Pistol Grip ball head ... did I 'need' that - come on let's be honest here ...

Don't do it often but I do it and I think everyone does it could be as little as a chocolate bar at the 7-11 or a little more extravagant retirement Porsche - (You know who you are !!! ahah - yes that is jealousy talking )

02-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
an airline ticket to Utah.......only kidding

Thats a tough question Dave, you got me scratching my head as I've been pretty good of late (building a house sorta pins you down a bit).

.....but there was that $60 bottle of red at Christmas

Cheers mate.
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

DA 40/2.8 Limited - because of the lens rebate . Don't really need a 40mm lens... but then again - it's just like a precious little gem!
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I bought that 8MM Rokinon fisheye a short while back on impulse. Can't say that I have any real need or use for it, but it is fun and it exceeded my expectations for IQ. I try not to impulse buy....my wife is such an expert and so well experienced that any I do is embarrassingly small in comparison.
Regards!
My Rokinon office...yeah, I know it looks like a pig works there.

The other view...

My Living area...the Rokinon is handy for getting everything in the frame......

02-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #5

A new messenger bag!
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yessir! Will that be cash?

As I turned it spoke to me. I'm rigid and cold it cried to me, yet my nice round edges beg for your warming caress. Touch me, open me up, I'm on SALE it purred.

I called to the salesman.. " I can pick up this doll for only 44 smackers". With a gleam in his eye and a grin he replied "Yessir!, will that be cash ?"

A "nearly new" two toned Coastar aluminum case with shiny buckles and clasps.
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

A new RC helicopter... Honey Bee King 3.

I definetly don't need it, but what the heck... they are fun!

Pat

02-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ouch! You caught me.

It wasn't quite an impulse purchase - I've wanted a Porsche since my wife and I test drove a 912 in the late '60's (I was a poor grad student at the time).

I'm usually a studious buyer; I enjoy the research . . . . . at least if it's a car, camera, lens, boat, keyboard, et. al. But regarding the occasional impulse purchase - if you can comfortably afford it - well, why not?

Jer
02-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

2002 Audi A4 Quattro Turbo

Depression, Boredom and yearning for a better car is not a good mix lol
02-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

K10d... but it was such a good deal and I got to use the WR lens with it!
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #11
Inactive Account

See my signature for a good idea of impulse purchases.

My first high ticket impulse by from 1993.

02-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
Inactive Account

A new mouse.

Well, not really impulse, as I'd thought long about replacing my faithful Logitech MX700, which has served me lo these many years. The paint's worn off, right down to pure off-white plastic on the RMB, thanks in no small part to the trend of looking down the sights in FPS shooters that emerged over its six-year life span. The rubberisation in the thumb rest's worn off, mostly from when I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol.

I've used it so much, the tiny little switches that are the left and right mouse buttons have worn a groove in their external covers, and thus it doesn't click properly anymore.

Unfortunately, I'll not be replacing it with a Logitech (as the MX1100 they've got out now does nothing for me,) instead, I'm going with the dark side, a Sidewinder X8.
02-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
See my signature for a good idea of impulse purchases.

My first high ticket impulse by from 1993.

oh yummmmm!
02-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good Gawd I can relate to almost all of them !

Grant - nice ! Ya know I would have to count that UTAH ticket as an impusle buy as it was certainly nothing I planned for - read a forum thread here then off to the Expedia Web site

Ole - bought a used Tamron 70-200, I remember Josh had a thread it was < $500 - I pm'ed the market place (on impluse more for price) as I was third third or fourth in line never gave it a second though then a PM comes everyone else backed out So ...

Rupert - love it ! I requested to DA 10-17 for a birthday a couple years ago. Nice office no worries about the mess you should see mine !

MacGirl - I bought a crumbler 7 million dollar bag a few years ago on impluse.

Pat- cool have not bought any RC toys on impulse or otherwise but you may have planted the seed.

Jer - I hear ya - I was just kidding I can imagine the research I am the same way - hardly an implulse very few can buy that sort of item on impulse just me looking at my 13 year old car and dreaming ....

C.W. Tsortes - sweet ! I woulld love that feeling to go in and just buy it congrats !

Andi Lo - bought a used K20D on impulse - it was cheap and the seller was local so I could acutally meet them.

Jeffs - awwwwwwwwww now that is just cruel ! Congrats !

lithos - with 7 comuters in the house I have bought my share of impulse computer accessories.

Very cool ..... I have an itch for Canon powershot D10 to take snorkleing and white water rafting .... ummmmmmmm and I have $30.00 Gift certificate from Best Buy .. ohhhh this is not looking good Now that I wrote it down it's not impulse right ?

Last edited by daacon; 02-09-2010 at 06:38 AM.
02-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #15

Dave, those coupons are what spark the impulse! I got a $25 off one for my bag and I certainly didn't need another one....but, they redesigned it with cool new features and they were GIVING me $25 to buy it!