Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tea Party Tyranny

It's been a little quiet and peaceful over here, but it doesn't mean things are running smooth across America. The recent Tea Party Convention is yet another sign that we are a divided nation and instead of facing our problems together, we are just building more walls of separation. For those that recently defended themselves against racism, I would like to hear your thoughts on Tom Tancredo's obvious racist rant in which he blamed minorities for the election of Obama ( He made sure he got in the "Hussein" part). If this is what it takes to get those far right wing bigots stirred up, then I don't see much hope and change for their movement....a movement that is fueled not by "grass roots" participants, but by Big Business and Special Interests that hope to use these sheep to advance their own agenda to further enrich their pocketbooks at the expense of us all, including the Tea Party Sippers.
This is how Tyranny starts.....you first have to have a culprit, and no one is ever more handy than the minorities that have "ruined our country".....no matter which country or which minority....just pick one or more. It worked in Nazi Germany, but what these truly ignorant people of today do not understand is math. The numbers tell the outcome of their efforts even before they get a good start. Minorities are no longer a small group to be used as scapegoats, and more whites voted for Obama than against him.....so where do they hope to get those votes. Maybe the less than 25% that subscribe to their lunacy? Or maybe they hope to change that Constitution and let the minority voters be declared winners? Any way you cut it, they are a losing group of malcontent sheep that want to see some sort of 1950's America where being white was Supreme.....ain't gonna happen....but it is nice to be able to see these people out in the open where we can identify them for what they really are...and it is not Americans.
Regards!
Rupert

02-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Goodwins Law strikes before the first reply, ZING!

America is nothing like Germany, the American people are nothing like the Germans, the current social and political situation in America is nothing like that of post WW1 Germany.

Just stop it, come up with better arguments.
02-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

America is nothing like Germany, the American people are nothing like the Germans, the current social and political situation in America is nothing like that of post WW1 Germany.

Heheh. I still have Rupert on ignore, but Godwin's law is about *Internet discussions* It doesn't mean that the parallels aren't uncanny and distressing in this circumstance.

Admittedly unproductive to talk about it that way, but all this teabaggery (by its own name an ersatz, prepackaged imitation of a proper 'cup of tea:' appropriating the symbols of our Revolution while trying to undo it... and starting off by calling *Obama* some kind of Hitler for... Being a Democrat? ) ....really *is* something that's worrisome in just the same sorts of ways.

Their standard procedure, the conservatives and theocrats, is to accuse someone else of what *they* are doing: the Big Lie is certainly in full effect as they try to strip civil rights from others (This past week, the extremists have been calling for the *criminalization of homosexuality (Uganda, anyone?) and claim that they need to do this cause they're afraid of LGBT 'violence' that they *made up.*

While of course trying to legalize hate crimes and impose state religion in the name of 'religious freedom.'

It's pretty off the rails, and the usual targets of fascists are finding they are trying to raise the hysteria to a fever pitch. Doing all they can to undermine a belief good government is possible, ...by screwing it up, in hopes to rise to influence in the panic.

The parallels are certainly disturbing: especially if the Nazis killed a million people accused of being like you not-so-long ago.

There's Godwin's Law, yes, but that doesn't mean it ain't very distressing to see what's going on. The lessons of history remain, even if for most it's just about a convenient bogeyman to accuse the opposition of being.
02-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Maybe they should have taught you some reading comprehension in Russia where you apparently learned to have a big head......full of nothing much but your own self adoration.
I stated clearly why this situation is not like Nazi Germany...except for the same racist bigotry that always comes with the few that "want their country back". Learn to read and then get someone to tell you what it says before you deliver all those "facts" you think you have.
Regards!

02-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Actually its not very clear, but you are right.

Still, why did you have to use Nazi Germany in the first place?

Also, reading over this piece again, i want to ask your definition of being "an american"

Last edited by Gooshin; 02-10-2010 at 09:49 AM.
02-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually its not very clear, but you are right.

Still, why did you have to use Nazi Germany in the first place?

Also, reading over this piece again, i want to ask your definition of being "an american"
Americans are by definition a mixed group of immigrants from all parts of the world...always have been, and when one group, of any race or religion decides they are "the way and the light" they are trying to exclude the rest of us.....when in fact they are excluding themselves. Americans welcome others, preferably legally, I agree, to join in our nation and create some harmony not always found in other parts of the world.....it even includes Russians...imagine that!
Regards!
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heheh. I still have Rupert on ignore, but Godwin's law is about *Internet discussions* It doesn't mean that the parallels aren't uncanny and distressing in this circumstance.

Admittedly unproductive to talk about it that way, but all this teabaggery (by its own name an ersatz, prepackaged imitation of a proper 'cup of tea:' appropriating the symbols of our Revolution while trying to undo it... and starting off by calling *Obama* some kind of Hitler for... Being a Democrat? ) ....really *is* something that's worrisome in just the same sorts of ways.

Their standard procedure, the conservatives and theocrats, is to accuse someone else of what *they* are doing: the Big Lie is certainly in full effect as they try to strip civil rights from others (This past week, the extremists have been calling for the *criminalization of homosexuality (Uganda, anyone?) and claim that they need to do this cause they're afraid of LGBT 'violence' that they *made up.*

While of course trying to legalize hate crimes and impose state religion in the name of 'religious freedom.'

It's pretty off the rails, and the usual targets of fascists are finding they are trying to raise the hysteria to a fever pitch. Doing all they can to undermine a belief good government is possible, ...by screwing it up, in hopes to rise to influence in the panic.

The parallels are certainly disturbing: especially if the Nazis killed a million people accused of being like you not-so-long ago.

There's Godwin's Law, yes, but that doesn't mean it ain't very distressing to see what's going on. The lessons of history remain, even if for most it's just about a convenient bogeyman to accuse the opposition of being.

Ratlady, if you "can't see me" how do you know so much about this? Why don't you stop that ridiculous "ignore crapola"....most of us stopped that in the second grade. It is embarrassing to see adults play like little children with their eyes covered to keep them from the reality of the world. If Gen Talk is too hot for you, go back to that Romper Room site where they sing sweet lullabies and color with bright and shiny Crayons.
Regards!

02-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.................... Why don't you stop that ridiculous "ignore crapola"....most of us stopped that in the second grade. ...........
I can see where people with serious impulse control problems may find the ignore function helpful. Not mentioning any names.............................................
02-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I can see where people with serious impulse control problems may find the ignore function helpful. Not mentioning any names.............................................
half this forum has me on ignore..

:|
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

half this forum has me on ignore..

:|
What? Did you say something?
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
Pentaxian

It seems the Tea Party movement is moving away from its origions as a group opposed to uncontrolled govt. spending and the bankrupting of America to become an extension of the Republican Party. Its roots began when Ron Paul was not even allowed to attend the Republican Convention and he had his own group of supporters at a rally across town. Now, the Teabaggers (funny) are opposing Dr. Paul for Congress in his own district. It seems they are now more interested in the right to waterboard and the continuing erosion of our freedoms than taxing and spending and the ultimate bankruptcy of the country.
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Americans are by definition a mixed group of immigrants from all parts of the world...always have been, and when one group, of any race or religion decides they are "the way and the light" they are trying to exclude the rest of us.....when in fact they are excluding themselves. Americans welcome others, preferably legally, I agree, to join in our nation and create some harmony not always found in other parts of the world.....it even includes Russians...imagine that!
Regards!
Only thing you left out was Americans are citizens. They're not people here visiting for an extended stay. My grandparents on both sides were immigrants. First thing all four did was learn English. Second was become citizens.

People say that we were built by immigrants. Of course that's not true. We were built by American citizens.
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I can only speak for myself here. I suppose I am a non-groupy quasi-tea party person for a few reasons:

The gov't really sucks. It is wrought with fraud and blatant self serving bastards. Notice no party is mentioned though the compasionate liberals, from this seat anyway, seem to make up the bulk of the problem.

If anyone with half a brain is satisfied with the following, please speak up:

The stupid immigration or lack-of program.

The border security.

The gov'ts intellegence gathering and use.

The gov't caused S&L debauchle

The current gov't caused financial crisis.

The SEC market watch dogs.

The health care system.

No term limits for congress.

The county's increasing debt.

The country's increasing borrowing.

Just for starters. If you care to drill down to local politics I would be happy to bore you with California's credit rating, the gov't union employees running the state and we have no cash.

On the Los Angeles front, the middle class and tax base seems to be evaporating and what's left speaks a foriegn language and runs on cash only. The economic stats on LA is scarry.

I'll listen to anyone that has a differant record to play and then try and sort it out. I am not getting much more than samo from the royal toads that are on the payroll now.
02-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

(in response to: Originally Posted by Rupert

.................... Why don't you stop that ridiculous "ignore crapola"....most of us stopped that in the second grade. ...........

Funny you guys should *mention* second grade, actually.

Cause, um.

Actually, people transferring their potty-training issues onto those they think 'deserve' to be referred to as somehow associated with excrement' as though it were a rhetorical point on ultimate 'morality' and human worth as American citizens....

Are probably still right there in second grade.

Where I was kind of planning on leaving you, if you don't mind my growing up, so much.

Seriously, dudes. This, and the whole 'tea party' thing is...

Juvenile.

Dangerously-so, admittedly, but juvenile.

Second-grade 'democracy' tends to mean, "Everyone here says she's a queer and needs to be called a poopy-head, cornered, and beaten say Aye." And that's just the school administrators ...Then the second graders follow those 'Christian examples.'

You know what I think?

I think you're afraid of your own poop, is what I think. Scared enough to *vote* for all of the things the 'teabaggers' have been *making happen for decades and looking for people to blame when more of the same only makes things worse.*

You want off my ignore list, Rupert?

Graphich8s already had his second chance, but it seems that you, too, have called me an 'evil demon-worshipper' while *literally* claiming I'm 'shit.' For what? Existing?

For pointing out what you can't face about what you can't even admit you advocate.

Maybe, even, some of you boys were the ones who do this kind of thing to others... And you're too scared of your own 'God' and of others like you that you can't see the simple fact:

We are not children in this place. We are the ones who are supposed to be the *adults.*

And unlike second grade, calling someone 'poopy-head' is *not* 'adult.

Dig?

I've told you before, if you want off my ignore list, you can apologize through *anyone* not on it. Any time.

Or wait till I decide to catch you talking behind my back.

But.

Only one will get you out of the leak-proof undies in my estimation.

squirrel-man.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-10-2010 at 02:33 PM.
02-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I rest my case.
Closed Thread