Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Igilligan

CNN invites you to a Tea Party

I read all this FOX vs CNN stuff on here and I just laugh...

No matter which networks you watch, or which side you are in support of... it is in each of the networks best financial interest for Sarah Palin and her Tea Party to run for president in the next election.

There has never been a bigger 'Ratings' bonanza than what 'all' the networks are working towards...The Obama / Palin Showdown.

An intelligent, well spoken, African American President up against a 'Aw shucks' (dumb it down for the walmart crowd) attractive white woman. They could not script this any better...
And believe me, all the news networks are involved in the "Scripting" of this scenario. CNN, Fox and all the others stand to make a lot of money, way more money on this contest, than any other pasty republican candidate...

That is why if 200 people come out to see a Sarah Palin book signing, it is covered on every national network. If 600 rich Tea Baggers pay $550 to come out to see Sarah give the same talking points speech at a "Tea Party" convention, it is covered for a full 24 hr news cycle and then discussed on all the weekend 'Talking Heads' shows, ad nauseum. This next election is being crafted by the networks, for the networks.

The only thing that could make them even more money.... is if they can somehow get Newt to challenge her in the Primaries. An intelligent male with ideas against 'The Annointed One'.... (wait didn't we just see that somewhere)

Last edited by Igilligan; 02-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.
02-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If Palin becomes President in 2012, what is next? Lady Gaga for President? Lindsay Lohan? Larry the Cable Guy? Rush Limbaugh?

Even Nero would have been considered a better leader.

Jason
02-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no doubt that we are all manipulated....and less doubt that we eat it up. If they built a Political Coliseum, complete with fighting Gladiators from each party, we couldnt build it big enough or print enough tickets to satisfy demands.
Sarah vs Hillary
Obama vs Newt
Biden vs McConnell
Michelle vs Dennis Kucinich (just for fun!)

Yep, I'd be online now looking for my tickets!
Regards!
02-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Inactive Account

'That is why if 200 people come out to see a Sarah Palin book signing, it is covered on every national network. If 600 rich Tea Baggers pay $550 to come out to see Sarah give the same talking points speech at a "Tea Party" convention, it is covered for a full 24 hr news cycle and then discussed on all the weekend 'Talking Heads' shows, ad nauseum. This next election is being crafted by the networks, for the networks.'

I kind of got that same feeling a while back over the unheard of and unacomplished community organizer dude from Chicago with the wierd name.

02-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
If Palin becomes President in 2012, what is next? Lady Gaga for President? Lindsay Lohan? Larry the Cable Guy? Rush Limbaugh?

Even Nero would have been considered a better leader.

Jason
I fear for the future of the American people and their children. The celebrities, "music", movies, and media are ridiculous today. I'm just glad I'm set for the next 20 years, by then I'll move to France.
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
I fear for the future of the American people and their children. The celebrities, "music", movies, and media are ridiculous today. I'm just glad I'm set for the next 20 years, by then I'll move to France.

Yeah right! No insanity in France........
Regards!
02-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
Inactive Account

It's fun listening to the Palin haters. I think she has them terrified and they are stumbeling all over themselves trying to shut her up. Let her run on, the price of entertainment is nothing and she brings so much healthy fear into the hearts on the samo Kool Aid drinkers.

Personally I don't think she is #1 spot material. She sure would be a very easy equal to Biden as #2. It can't take much of a clown suit to better him and she isn't from the east coast establishment. It's good to shake stuff up. The gov't sure isn't working well with whats there now.

Now if only the Grim Reaper would visit a few more Wash DC fossils soon, that seems to be the only way you will get change. I guess it's OK to root for nature to take it's course and soon as the bastards won't vote in term limits.

02-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
It's fun listening to the Palin haters. I think she has them terrified and they are stumbeling all over themselves trying to shut her up. Let her run on, the price of entertainment is nothing and she brings so much healthy fear into the hearts on the samo Kool Aid drinkers.

Personally I don't think she is #1 spot material. She sure would be a very easy equal to Biden as #2. It can't take much of a clown suit to better him and she isn't from the east coast establishment. It's good to shake stuff up. The gov't sure isn't working well with whats there now.

Now if only the Grim Reaper would visit a few more Wash DC fossils soon, that seems to be the only way you will get change. I guess it's OK to root for nature to take it's course and soon as the bastards won't vote in term limits.
Some do actually fear her...I just see her as a true political Novelty, and better than the many others we already have at causing the masses to react one way or another at her mumblings. Whatever happened to real politicians with serious agendas and ideas? Even if we disagreed, we felt that their heart was in their words and could respect that. Now it just seems that being a clown is the most important aspect of winning the media attention desired.
I am most likely wrong......but it did appear to me that Hillary ran the most serious campaign, even if you hated her, you could feel that she was serious in her agenda...and well educated on the topics at hand.
Regards!
02-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
Inactive Account

'I just see her as a true political Novelty, and better than the many others we already have...'

There you go, enjoy the ride.
02-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

since she really bugs me "u betcha"

And to add to the "no thank you " from the real tea party-ists.....
Op-Ed Columnist - Palin’s Cunning Sleight of Hand - NYTimes.com
This G.O.P. populism is all bunk, of course. Republicans in office now, as well as Palin during her furtive public service in Alaska, have feasted on federal pork, catered to special interests, and pursued policies indifferent to recession-battered Americans. And yet they’re getting away with their populist masquerade — not just with a considerable swath of voters but even with certain elements in the “liberal media.” The Dean of the Beltway press corps, the columnist David Broder, cited Palin’s “pitch-perfect populism” in hailing her as “a public figure at the top of her game” in Thursday’s Washington Post.

That Republican leaders can pass off deceptive faux-populism as “pitch-perfect populism” is in part a testament to the blinding intensity of the economic anger and anxiety roiling the country. It also shows the power of an incessant bumper-sticker fiction to take root when ineffectually challenged — and, most crucially, the inability of Democrats to make a persuasive case that they offer anything better.

The Obama White House remains its own worst enemy. No sooner did Palin’s Tea Party speech end than we learned of the president’s tone-deaf interview expressing admiration for “very savvy businessmen” like Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs. With that single remark, Obama ingeniously identified himself with the most despised aspects of both Washington and Wall Street — the bailout and the bonuses. He still doesn’t understand that to most Americans, Blankfein is a savvy businessman only in the outrageous sense that he managed to grab his bonus some 17 months after the taxpayers had the good grace to save him from going out of business altogether.

Instead of praising bailed-out bankers, the president might have more profitably instructed his press secretary to drop the lame Palin jokes and dismantle the disinformation campaign her speech delivered to a national audience. Palin, unlike Obama, put herself on the side of the angels, railing against Wall Street’s bonuses and bailout, even though she and John McCain had supported TARP during the campaign. Palin also bragged that she had “joined with other conservative governors” in “rejecting some” stimulus dollars when in reality she rejected only a symbolic 3 percent of those dollars — soon to be overruled by the Alaskan Legislature, which took every last buck.
02-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Before I jump too hastily into preconcieved, prejudiced and subjective opinion, I do believe that I have some small understanding of what the Tea Party is all about.

Unfortunately, if my understanding is correct, they are a party AGAINST everything in general and definitely and particularly Democrats (but not only democrats?).

Can somebody explain to me in a simple manner (so that I can understand) what the Tea Party, in general, and Sarah Palin in particular is FOR. It would be VERY interesting to have their Policies, Philosophy and Program spelled out so that more credance could be given.

What policies and changes would they, given power, introduce?

What would they (and Sarah Palin) do about the current financial situation left by the Republicans and how would they have handled it differently from the way Obama did?

Is it possible that maybe "Joe the Plumber" would be a better Tea Party leader?
02-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

That's just it. They are a response to things that have gone too far, for too long. It may not make for longevity as a party were they actually able to get in office and pull things back, but if they are truly sincere in those principals, they won't care. Fix the problem, move on, and come back the next time things need to be fixed.
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Jodokast96, I'm not sure that I understand your point?

"Fix the problem"?

Are you saying that if Palin and the Tea Party were successful in their current endeavours they would be able to cause an upset in the government and a force a new election?

Then move back under cover until another crisis (in their opinion) happens?

Are you saying that this movement is a REVOLUTION?
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevewig Quote
Before I jump too hastily into preconcieved, prejudiced and subjective opinion, I do believe that I have some small understanding of what the Tea Party is all about.

Unfortunately, if my understanding is correct, they are a party AGAINST everything in general and definitely and particularly Democrats (but not only democrats?).

Can somebody explain to me in a simple manner (so that I can understand) what the Tea Party, in general, and Sarah Palin in particular is FOR. It would be VERY interesting to have their Policies, Philosophy and Program spelled out so that more credance could be given.

What policies and changes would they, given power, introduce?

What would they (and Sarah Palin) do about the current financial situation left by the Republicans and how would they have handled it differently from the way Obama did?

Is it possible that maybe "Joe the Plumber" would be a better Tea Party leader?
Palin is for Palin.. u bethca... as to the tea party, just go to their site see all the white folk (cheap shot but I was just looking though a few photos at their site):
Therefore, I am calling on all Tea Party members to cling fast to our core beliefs and tell the world: What we believe is non-negotiable.

What are the Tea Party Non-negotiable core beliefs?

Special Interests Need to be Neutralized
Political Office available for Average Citizens
Illegal Aliens are illegal.

Pro-Domestic Employment is indispensable.

Stronger Military is essential.

Gun ownership is sacred.

Government must be downsized.

National Budget must be balanced.

Deficit Spending will end.

Bail-out and Stimulus Plans are illegal.

Reduce Personal Income Taxes a must.

Reduce Business Income Taxes is mandatory.

Intrusive Government Stopped.

English only is required.

Traditional Family Values are encouraged.

Common Sense Constitutional Conservative Self-Governance is our mode of operation.

….and Yes, we are a Christian Nation!

The Tea Party must stay independent or we shall die.

1776 Tea Party
Of course tea party wanna bees just use the name..
02-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Palin is for Palin.. u bethca... as to the tea party, just go to their site see all the white folk (cheap shot but I was just looking though a few photos at their site):
Therefore, I am calling on all Tea Party members to cling fast to our core beliefs and tell the world: What we believe is non-negotiable.

What are the Tea Party Non-negotiable core beliefs?

Special Interests Need to be Neutralized
Political Office available for Average Citizens
Illegal Aliens are illegal.

Pro-Domestic Employment is indispensable.

Stronger Military is essential.

Gun ownership is sacred.

Government must be downsized.

National Budget must be balanced.

Deficit Spending will end.

Bail-out and Stimulus Plans are illegal.

Reduce Personal Income Taxes a must.

Reduce Business Income Taxes is mandatory.

Intrusive Government Stopped.

English only is required.

Traditional Family Values are encouraged.

Common Sense Constitutional Conservative Self-Governance is our mode of operation.

….and Yes, we are a Christian Nation!

The Tea Party must stay independent or we shall die.

1776 Tea Party
Of course tea party wanna bees just use the name..
WOW! That sounds more like the classical dictionary definition of demagoguery to me. But thanks for being so explicit now I know why Obama was so neutral to the recent Tea Party events.