Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I read the guys "manifesto"....be damn hard to say he was a right-wing fruitloop....be damn hard to say he was a left wing fruitloop....but not hard at all to say he was a fruitloop.
Regards!

02-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JnM_in_VT Quote
Must every crime now be branded as 'terrorism'?

Sad, yes. Criminal, yes. Terrorist? No.
But that is how we have become accustomed to being controlled. Just scream the word 'terrorist' and the world falls into line. Fortunately the method is becoming a little less effective due to over use.

To be honest whenever I hear the word being used I now immediately sympathise with the 'terrorist's' cause until persuaded otherwise.
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I wonder if this guy and his actions will be top story ad nauseum with Rush and Beck today? If the guy has an Arabic sounding name, that will help ratings for sure.

Seriously though, everyone at some time or another says "**** the IRS" and now someone does it...maybe he will be hailed as a hero?

Jason
02-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Igilligan

The guy was a Bass Player

Nuff said.

I read the manifesto... It did not really read crazy (left or right) to me, just sounded like he was pissed and had convinced himself enough was enough...

Shame he pointed the anger at innocent paper pushers. Seems like with all the thought he put into it, there may have been better focus for his anger.

02-19-2010, 04:30 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Nuff said.

I read the manifesto... It did not really read crazy (left or right) to me, just sounded like he was pissed and had convinced himself enough was enough...

Shame he pointed the anger at innocent paper pushers. Seems like with all the thought he put into it, there may have been better focus for his anger.
Let me start here by saying that I am completely opposed to injuring or killing anyone, lest it be in immediate defense of life.

Now then... why would you say that those 'paper pushers' are innocent? Those paper pushers (assuming you and I are both talkng about those IRS employees in the building in Austin) are responsible for processing the paperwork which declares how much of what does not belong to them shall be sent to the kindom, or else! To put it another way...

If I were to send you a threatening letter, oh, say along the lines of...

'My employer requests that you forward the sum of $10,000 to our offices. If you do not remit this payment, we'll send armed men to come kick in your door, toss your place, and steal anything we decide might be of value. Oh yeah, don't call the 'authorities'... we are the 'authorities'. Now pay up, or else!'

Would you consider me innocent of trying to extort money from you?
02-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #21
Veteran Member

One lone looney with an airplane does not a terrorist make...
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
How many weirdos crash planes on buildings in the U.S.A. every years? Compared to all the reckless drivers on the roads, I think people flying light planes are a lot more disciplined than car drivers. Maybe it's time to put stricter control on cars and car drivers.
Yves, my comment wasn't directed at pilots and certainly wasn't meant to offend any. It was a parody on gun control.

02-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yves, my comment wasn't directed at pilots and certainly wasn't meant to offend any. It was a parody on gun control.
However I bet there will soon be legislation demanding a 3-day waiting period before you can buy or rent a cessna and calls for a "one aircraft a month" limit. And you know the security theater maestros will be advocating tighter security at our general aviation airports...

Last edited by MRRiley; 02-19-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: damned typos
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
One lone looney with an airplane does not a terrorist make...

Very true. This guy doesn't fit the old definition or the new definition outlined in the unPatriot Act.

QuoteQuote:
The statutory definition of domestic terrorism in the United States has changed many times over the years; also, it can be argued that acts of domestic terrorism have been occurring since long before any legal definition was set forth.
According to a memo produced by the FBI's Terrorist Research and Analytical Center in 1994, domestic terrorism was defined as "the unlawful use of force or violence, committed by a group(s) of two or more individuals, against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."[2]
Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."[3]
2: Rise of Domestic Terrorism and Its Relation to United States Armed Forces
3: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=107_cong_public_la...ubl056.107.pdf

Last edited by Blue; 02-19-2010 at 10:14 AM.
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #25
graphicgr8s

Let's not forget the 15 year old in Tampa who crashed his pplane into one of Tampa's buildings. 4 months after 9-11. Just another fruitloop.
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #26
Veteran Member

call the ambalamps!
02-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #27
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Hey, the guy was a loser, plain and simple. He made some very bad choices in his life and they caught up with him. No one likes the IRS, but we keep electing the Gestapho that lets them operate like they do....they just do what our leaders allow...and they allow plenty.

This guy was like a lot of people I know, and you too....hell, if you are like a few here, some of you may be just like him. Making poor life choices, failing to cover the bases and blaming it on someone else, always coming up with "the dog ate my homework" stories that don't wash. He is no terrorist, no hero, no patriot.....just another loser that got down to the consequences of his pathetic failings in life. Happens every day somewhere in one form or another.....
Regards!
02-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Very true. This guy doesn't fit the old definition or the new definition outlined in the unPatriot Act.[/URL]
Can't tell if this was sarcasm or not...

QuoteQuote:
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping
How would this incident not apply?
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
However I bet there will soon be legislation demanding a 3-day waiting period before you can buy or rent a cessna and calls for a "one aircraft a month" limit. And you know the security theater maestros will be advocating tighter security at our general aviation airports...
Well, at least he didn't have a gun. Somebody could have got hurt!
02-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Imagine if he were leaning out the window and shooting at the building before he hit!
Closed Thread