Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Fun at Obama Motors aka GM

Since so many here really dislike high corporate salaries particularly our left leaning friends, you will be pleased to note the following compensation packages at Gov't Motors all approved by the Oracle.

'NEW YORK (AP) -- General Motors Co. CEO Ed Whitacre will receive a salary of $1.7 million this year, plus stock awards that will bring his total pay package to $9 million at a later date, the automaker said Friday.

In a surprise announcement, GM also said former CEO Fritz Henderson has been rehired as a consultant. Henderson, who was forced out of the job in December, will work 20 hours a month and will be paid $59,090 a month, the company said.

Whitacre's total compensation is larger than Henderson's when he was CEO. Henderson received a total pay package worth nearly $5.5 million.

Whitacre's pay package includes a cash salary of $1.7 million that took effect Jan. 1. It also includes $5.3 million in stock awarded in increments starting in 2012, plus another stock award worth $2 million. The details, including the timing, of the $2 million stock award still need to be worked out, a GM spokeswoman said.

GM is 60 percent owned by the federal government and has received $52 billion in federal aid. The company plans to repay as much of the money as possible by issuing stock to the public, possibly as early as this year.

Enjoy the Obama Bob Sled Team ride.

02-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, it's OK for Big Finance, but if you call GM 'Obama Motors' cause Obama actually saved a lot of *jobs,* the same thing becomes scandalous when GM's ...actually doing kind of OK, for the first time in a very long time?

Not like I'd cry if the execs didn't have to 'suffer' on a mere 1.7 million a year, but out of everything, I find it hard to place my indignance right there and only there. If he *couldn't* get the stock options that promise to make still huger money, you'd be crying how "Obama's 'socializing' General Motors!"

Well, maybe only if it was a company that produced nothing, like a health insurance profiteer.

Boo hoo.
02-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
LOL! I kinda thought GM would get a lefty pass. So the dogma now is if they employ a lot of people it's OK??? If they are owned by the gov't it's OK??? Politics is hard for me to follow sometimes.
02-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I wouldn't buy a GM product even if I had to go back to a bicycle. They were and are a Corporate Leech, feeding off taxpayers, now that their "base" of regular car buying suckers has dried up. They always made a sorry product, were proud of it , and don't deserve to be left standing. Even a Toyota makes more sense...but if you need a new vehicle, buy a Ford.....the only real American car company left....and the only one making a real profit. They build good vehicles, and still manage to make that profit...what a novel idea! I wonder if GM ever thought of trying that?
Regards!

02-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I wouldn't buy a GM product even if I had to go back to a bicycle. They were and are a Corporate Leech, feeding off taxpayers, now that their "base" of regular car buying suckers has dried up. They always made a sorry product, were proud of it , and don't deserve to be left standing. Even a Toyota makes more sense...but if you need a new vehicle, buy a Ford.....the only real American car company left....and the only one making a real profit. They build good vehicles, and still manage to make that profit...what a novel idea! I wonder if GM ever thought of trying that?
Regards!
Yep my next, if there is one will be Ford.

And GM shouldn't have been bailed out. All that happened is things have been delayed. At great taxpayer expense.
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Yep my next, if there is one will be Ford.

And GM shouldn't have been bailed out. All that happened is things have been delayed. At great taxpayer expense.

We can agree there George....GM is a long time loser, and like all losers in America we get to pay for their mistakes. Jesus George did it...Obama did it....when do we get our say? These new guys running are just more of the same, I don't see much hope for real change...just a new crop of crooks with empty pockets wanting to fill them with the great lobbyist bounties awaiting them in DC.
Regards!
02-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
graphicgr8s

We can agree there George....GM is a long time loser, and like all losers in America we get to pay for their mistakes. Jesus George did it...Obama did it....when do we get our say? These new guys running are just more of the same, I don't see much hope for real change...just a new crop of crooks with empty pockets wanting to fill them with the great lobbyist bounties awaiting them in DC.
Regards!
I've already given you the answer as to how to get this country back to greatness.

02-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I've already given you the answer as to how to get this country back to greatness.

Saying nothing but NO, and cooking Canolli will not get it done George.....but I appreciate the thought.
Regards!
02-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

Saying nothing but NO, and cooking Canolli will not get it done George.....but I appreciate the thought.
Regards!
Who said anything about saying no? You're just jealous that I know how to bring us back and you hate that
02-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Who said anything about saying no? You're just jealous that I know how to bring us back and you hate that

I know, I know, it is the same old tired and lame line that you guys have been throwing out forever....more Giant Tax Cuts for your Rich Handlers. George, we did that with Jesus George and they took the money and bankrupted America.....it didn't work...when will you "get it"? These are the same guys that tell you your 39% increase in Healthcare Premiums are "good for you". Well, were they? Maybe the next ones of 50% before Christmas will be more to your liking? Anything to make your Rich Buddies a dime, at your expense,...that's what pleases you George.
Regards!
02-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

Too bad. Well back to frying squirrel. Festus/ Otis look out. You may be next.