Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A funny Wedding Photography Ad that popped up on Craigslist

Elegant Wedding Photography (Salt Lake City, Utah)

Date: 2009-12-26, 4:48PM MST
Reply to: serv-ysspm-1525534132@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi there! My name is Lindsay and I've just got a brand new camera for Christmas but haven't even taken it out of the box. I really want to get into the wedding photography business because I see so many people in Utah are getting married and it looks like easy money. I can't guarantee that even one photo will turn out looking good but I sure will try. Some pictures will be used for my portfolio and my future website. I start booking appointments this week! I am now booking for Spring and Summer of 2010.

I specialize in all types of Lifestyle photography including:

Weddings – You'll have to pay $15 for gas money outside of Salt Lake City
Bridals
Engagements
Families
Children
Portraiture
Fashion

My style is classy, elegant and artistic. I would be honored to be part of your special occasion or photography needs considering I have no professional experience. I would love to capture those beautiful moments for you and your family.

I have so much passion for being a pro wedding photographer! All my friends and family tell me I take great pictures at all our outings and picnics. I'm putting together a web site of all the flower pictures and sunsets I've taken so you can see how good I am. I even have a few pics of my pet dog which turned out really great!

But I don't have a business license, liability insurance, flashes, extra batteries, or even more than a kit lens that came in the box. If something goes wrong, you're out of luck. To keep things cheap for you, I won't even back up any of your images. Less cost for me means less cost for you. Just passing the savings on. I expect to be paid in cash or personal check because I don't plan on claiming this income on my taxes.

I know many fun and beautiful locations. I really care about making brides look beautiful! I add glow and selective color to all of my images, giving them the best look possible. No need to hassle with computer programs.

Bridals and Engagements are only $100. Please trust me to do your wedding. I'll do it cheap just to build up my portfolio. I will only charge you $250 for your entire wedding day. This is a deal. My camera cost me $700 brand new. All sessions include a Hi Resolution CD with FULL copy right release included, which means you get to print your pictures at Wal-Mart! Here's the BEST Part! I offer 100% guarantee on ALL my sessions! Don't pay a cent until you are 100% happy with your pictures!

I own a camera therefore I can take photos like the pros, who charge alot more. Most brides in Utah spend $2,500 on professional wedding photography. Since I have no experience I'll only be charging $250 (90% off regular wedding photography prices) to shoot full day wedding coverage.

Think about it: Pros charge alot of money because they have alot of expenses. I don't.

Pros have:
-a business license
- multiple cameras
-thousands of dollars in lenses and flashes
-hard drives to back up the images
-insurance
-experience
-people skills
-color calibrated monitors
-professional print labs
-professional albums

I have none of this stuff so we'll keep it cheap, just for you!

E-mail me if you want to set an appointment or if you have any questions, I will gladly respond.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1525534132

02-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I smell disgruntled pro wedding photographer tired of people wanting to get everything for cheap.
02-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Ari
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
I smell disgruntled pro wedding photographer tired of people wanting to get everything for cheap.
I hope so, because if it isn't, I am going to get very angry very soon.........
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
That's all these ads are, they're starting to pop up all over the place

02-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

For those prices I could just get my cousin a cheap, used Canon Superzoom and let her go to town.
02-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

This ad has been posted here several times in the last few months. It's almost certainly a joke.
02-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And they should add " ... People tell me all the time that I have a nice camera."
"... website full of flowers and sunset pictures" I find that line hilarious with a certain degree of troof.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 02-23-2010 at 06:21 AM.
02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I suspect that this advertisement was posted by a Professional Wedding Photographer as a jab at those people who did, Just get a camera and think they can be professionals just because they got a fancy new DSLR

02-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

There's the "uncle Bob" for guys doing weddings what do they call females?
02-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I really love the $15 charge for gas money outside of Salt Lake City. It added a nice touch.
08-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #11
Inactive Account

hi,

i would like to suggest you first get insurance that covers all the unforeseen matters as well as your wedding photography.........so please take Wedding insurance for happy wedding..............
Closed Thread