Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
National Geographic Your Shot

Just curious if anyone here on the forums has submitted a photo to National Geographic's monthly Your Shot contest.

Recently a relative of mine convinced me to try submitting a photo I've taken in the past week to this month's contest.

Just wondering if any other Pentaxians have submitted anything, and if so, I'd love to check out their galleries.

Also would be appreciated if someone would explain why my photo just will not upload.

02-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My Gallery

Here is my gallery on NG Your shot. I did break into the daily dozen in 08 - with this shot.

My Shot - National Geographic Magazine

As for not having your images upload - two things. Make sure the image is less than 5MB - 4.5MB works OK for me. If you are using windows - do not have an embedded space in the path - I usually use one of my \Temp folders for transferring the image.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
02-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Oh wow! That's a lot of gum. I like your shot of the inside of an umbrella, and the tulips one is amazing!

It ends up that my Java plug-in was old which was why it wouldn't upload. I had the file at like 2MB, no spaces in the file name and exactly 1600px wide and it frustrated the hell out of me.

I currently only have the one up now, but I hope to get more up soon.
My Shot