Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, the Canadian women's hockey team really need a lesson on etiquette... utter crass behavior.

Canadian Hockey Celebration: Beer, Champagne & Cigars On The Ice! (PHOTOS)

02-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Could have been worse, Bill Clinton could have been passing out the cigars.
02-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Wow, the Canadian women's hockey team really need a lesson on etiquette... utter crass behavior.

Canadian Hockey Celebration: Beer, Champagne & Cigars On The Ice! (PHOTOS)
Hey come on, lets be a little fair here....this was after fans left the building....the girls have returned to the ice to soak up a few personal moments of their victory.

Lets not be precious about these things, I would have done the same thing....in fact did so, after my first premiership in aussie rules, my team & I slipped away from celebrations and went sat in one of the goal squares with a few beers and let the moment wash over us....never to be forgotten....but no-one took & posted pictures of us.

Congratulations girls, enjoy the moment, you worked hard for it.
02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hey come on, lets be a little fair here....this was after fans left the building....the girls have returned to the ice to soak up a few personal moments of their victory.

Lets not be precious about these things, I would have done the same thing....in fact did so, after my first premiership in aussie rules, my team & I slipped away from celebrations and went sat in one of the goal squares with a few beers and let the moment wash over us....never to be forgotten....but no-one took & posted pictures of us.

+1. What was the big deal? Perhaps, being young ladies, they ought to have drunk the beer out of proper beer glasses

When I played hockey (on grass) at uni, we drank beer at half-time to pep us up for the second half.

Richard.

02-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hey come on, lets be a little fair here....this was after fans left the building....the girls have returned to the ice to soak up a few personal moments of their victory

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
+1. What was the big deal? Perhaps, being young ladies, they ought to have drunk the beer out of proper beer glasses

Richard.
I have to agree!!!
02-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look, I don't see why all of these double standards come to us as a surprise anymore. I totally agree that whether or not a snow boarder, a figure skater or the Canadian Women's Hockey Team get censured seems totally random. I think that now the Olympics has spun so far away from what it tells everyone that its ideals are. The telling example is two years ago when the Chinese state was complicit in helping one of its gymnasts slip around the Olympic age requirements all the IOC did was quietly sweep it all under the carpet. I think that it's disgusting that whether or not people are disciplined for their sportsmanship depends on what is politically expedient. C'mon this is the Olypmics! Although its motto is Faster, Higher, Stronger, isn't it supposed to be about fairplay, friendly competition and world brotherhood through sport?