Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Isn't it time you go out and take photos?!

With the time I spend posting here on this forum, I realized that I haven't taken that many pics for the past couple of months!!
My fault!

It's great to be here and learn a bunch of new stuff everyday; it's great to find this or that wanted piece of photo equipment; it's great to discuss anything photo-related or else but .... it's also time for me to start taking pictures again, and apply this newly acquired knowledge!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I decided to spend a little less time here and start building my 2010 "portfolio" ...
Alas ... I have PFA (Pentax Forum Addiction), a serious, uncurable condition which worsens with time ... so I wonder if I will keep up my promise ... ?

Anybody in the same situation?

JP

02-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not really: I do spend a lot of time here but I also do a lot of shooting. My problem is that I'm neglecting everything else.
02-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Let me think about this.
I'm at work where I'm often stuck behind a camera taking passport photos. Which doesn't turn my crank, although I do get to take some lousy pic's of some very beautiful women.
I would think it still counts as taking photos

Earlier today I was out on the snowshoes, and brought along a film camera with a 50mm f1.4 lens on. I took 1 photo.

Last Friday I blew off 1 roll of film. Plus one on Saturday I did the same doing some Time Lapse work...
That was the second time out last week.

So, although I get out less often than I'd like to I probably get out more often than most people.
02-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I spent a fair/way too much amount of time on this forum, but I have taken more than 1800 shots in the last 3 weeks.

02-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I spend time on the forums everyday, but I don't think it is too much. I should take more photos though. I just hate going out in the crappy, cold wether.
02-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenMerola Quote
I just hate going out in the crappy, cold weather.
Yep, winter sucks.
02-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Agreed. I fully expect to be out shooting every day once spring breaks.

02-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
graphicgr8s

We are suppose to actually take pictures? Actually I do spend a great deal of time shooting now that I have the perfect model.
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Not really: I do spend a lot of time here but I also do a lot of shooting. My problem is that I'm neglecting everything else.
Good for you!
I mean, for spending time taking pics!
Of course, we all get caught up in stuff we like doing and that usually means neglecting other things. Human nature!

JP
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Let me think about this.
I'm at work where I'm often stuck behind a camera taking passport photos. Which doesn't turn my crank, although I do get to take some lousy pic's of some very beautiful women.
I would think it still counts as taking photos

Earlier today I was out on the snowshoes, and brought along a film camera with a 50mm f1.4 lens on. I took 1 photo.

Last Friday I blew off 1 roll of film. Plus one on Saturday I did the same doing some Time Lapse work...
That was the second time out last week.

So, although I get out less often than I'd like to I probably get out more often than most people.
Taking passport photos ... that, at least, pays for the equipment, right?
... and you have the benefit of taking pics of the ladies, another plus!

I didn't realized you were taking "film" shots. That brings me back a few years alright! Time-lapse work with a film camera? You must be rather good at it because no way I would try that with film ... probably would sepnd a few dozen rolls before getting any half decent results.

JP
02-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
I spent a fair/way too much amount of time on this forum, but I have taken more than 1800 shots in the last 3 weeks.
600 shots per week!? My gosh! I thought I was overdoing it when I was telling people that I take "at least" 50 shots in one outing!
Well, I am still here on the forum today and I have a good excuse: we are having a major snowtorm and all is very quiet here! So, not much else to do besides replying to posts.

Cheers.

JP
02-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenMerola Quote
I spend time on the forums everyday, but I don't think it is too much. I should take more photos though. I just hate going out in the crappy, cold wether.
One major reason I spend time on forums is to learn new stuff. But then, I get carried away and forget that I should be out there applying this newly acquired knowledge!
I don't mind being out in crappy weather but I mind deciding if I should get out or nor!

JP
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Agreed. I fully expect to be out shooting every day once spring breaks.
I suppose you're from New Mexico and that would mean great weather very soon, if not right now?
Or else, "N.M." means "Northern Minnesota" and that would imply crappy weather.

JP
02-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
We are suppose to actually take pictures? Actually I do spend a great deal of time shooting now that I have the perfect model.
Yeah ... taking pictures is what it's all about, isn't it?
Now, which perfect model are we talking about here?

JP
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Yeah ... taking pictures is what it's all about, isn't it?
Now, which perfect model are we talking about here?

JP
The answer to that is "Duh" Take a guess. Look at my avatar for a clue. The only "more perfect" model would be one like Devisor gets. (One lucky photographer)

(OK. That is sarcasm. Not meanness. Well mostly anyway )