Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canadian National Prayer

If you didn't know it, the Gold medal game is on today USA vs Canada.

This little prayer has been traveling the net for the last 2 days in a few different versions.

Our Father, who art in GM Place, HOCKEY be thy name, thy will be done. GOLD to be WON on ice as well as in the stands, give us this day, our hockey sticks and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. LEAD US not into elimination but deliver us TO VICTORY, in the name ... of the fans, CANADA and the Holy Puck.

AMEN!
█ ♥ █ OH CANADA █ ♥ █

02-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
rhe
Closed Account

A little sacreligious perhaps ..... but GO Cananda GO!
02-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

We will be playing two games today at 11 and 12 which will be the first and second periods of this gold medal game. The other goaltender is from Canada.
I intend to record the game but I am sure the rink's tv will be on. You all know how that will be. Maybe I'll try wearing my earbuds and mp3 today to help reduce the amount of chatter about the game I hear until I can get home and watch it.

The older guys who would care the most about watching the final are also the most reliable with regards to coming out to play. Still, it does concern me a bit on how many people may choose to stay home and watch instead of come out and play.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 02-28-2010 at 07:23 AM.
02-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hockey is much more important to Canada and Canadians in general than it is to us. With that in mind, I truly hope Canada wins.

02-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Inactive Account

No doubt this game will be very exciting. Win or lose, many thanks to Canada and BC and Vancouver/Whistler for hosting the great games. My very favorite west coast areas to visit. If you have never been there, do try and go some day. Canadians are great as is Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler for just about everything. I hope the games are a financial win in the long haul.
02-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm hoping for a great neighborly game and will be delighted by the outcome either way. ;~)
02-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
That's funny Dave, neighbourly. That's very funny. It's a gladitor sport at high speed. The ones left standing will shake hands when it's over.

I am surprised that since football (American style) is so popular that Hockey doesn't get more attention in the US. It's a rougher sport in many ways which is why people like football. There's nothing like a 225 Lb, 6'4" guy on skates, going at 25Mph hitting you against the boards.

Maybe it's the speed. If you don't understand the strategy and rules, it can be hard to follow.

02-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Maybe it's the speed. If you don't understand the strategy and rules, it can be hard to follow.
There are rules? Well, since we don't have reliable ice down here, we play lacrosse.
02-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I had the privelage of attending the Frozen Four Collegiate playoffs some years ago in Provedence RI. Fast, furious, rough and tumble with the added electricity of collegiate playoffs is an understatement! I believe a No Dakota school was the most westerly school on the leader board. The rest were eastern schools, obviously with access to skating facilities.

Being from So Calif I would guess it is lack of available skating facilities in many parts of the country. We have them but they are few and far between. A number of famous skaters reside in So Calif. My two grand kids are involved in baseball, soccer, football, basket ball and now H.S. lacrosse is coming our way though it has been popular in the ivy league schools for many years. They have a full plate of sports options year round. I guess it is what you are raised with.
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Congrats to Canada for a well deserved win. Both teams played well and no one on the American team need go home thinking they didn't do their best.

Mike

p.s. Dave & Phil are right about the ice.... Guys (and gals) can find a grass field anywhere down here and most everyone has played football at one time or other.... Hockey ice rinks are a rarity even in our northern states though.
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
I can't express fully how happy I am! The site controls would delete half of it!

Ans Sid the Kid from my home town scored the winner!!!
02-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Peter!