Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
California Pot Farmer killed while attackiing the Pentagon

A California Pot Farmer (identified by authorities as John Patrick Bedell, 36, of Hollister, Calif) was shot and killed last night at the Pentagon after he drew a weapon and opened fire on 3 Pentagon Police officers.

Suspected gunman in Pentagon shooting dies

Suspected gunman's Internet writings show resentment of U.S., suspicions over 9/11 attacks

Last edited by MRRiley; 03-05-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: clarification
03-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Yes, I read it....yet another wingnut/fruitloop...could be left or could be right....they come in all flavors. How killing innocent people can ever be an answer defies logic, but it happens all the time. Jesus George sent almost 4500 to an early grave and yet he still roams free.....although he doesn't roam too much, and I can sure understand that. I would love to see him hung, but only after a fair trial and conviction by a jury of American citizens. Meanwhile, he suffers through his remaining days seeing daily what evil he did to his own country, and retaining the Title of one of the most hated men in the world......that in itself is pretty good justice.

I guess we are destined to live with these nutcakes, there is no easy way to spot them before they self destruct, often taking innocent bystanders with them. Not a bright spot of humanity, is it?
Regards!
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The best you can hope for with people like that is that they hadn't reproduced before removing themselves from the gene pool.
03-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Inactive Account

'The user named JPatrickBedell wrote the Sabow case was "a step toward establishing the truth of events such as the September 11 demolitions."

That same posting railed against the government's enforcement of marijuana laws and included links to the author's 2006 court case in Orange County, Calif., for cultivating marijuana and resisting a police officer.'

He should have stepped out of the hemp haze and opened one of the legal 'medicinal herb' stores opening up all over Los Angeles. Maybe he was using the newspapers to roll 'em and not reading much.

I wonder if he had any questions about the first WTC demolitions. Probably not.

Choosing a good productive career is real important in life.

03-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
'The user named JPatrickBedell wrote the Sabow case was "a step toward establishing the truth of events such as the September 11 demolitions."

That same posting railed against the government's enforcement of marijuana laws and included links to the author's 2006 court case in Orange County, Calif., for cultivating marijuana and resisting a police officer.'

He should have stepped out of the hemp haze and opened one of the legal 'medicinal herb' stores opening up all over Los Angeles. Maybe he was using the newspapers to roll 'em and not reading much.

I wonder if he had any questions about the first WTC demolitions. Probably not.

Choosing a good productive career is real important in life.

No doubt he was a pothead with a twisted mind. As for a 911 Conspiracy, the last poll I saw had a high number of Americans that still suspect some sort of involvement by the Bush administration. Not George and Dick flying the planes, of course, but a decided decision to ignore all the warnings (like those 39 alerts by that FBI agent that Arabs were training to fly Jumbo Jets) to further their goal of invading Iraq, which after all was the very first thing Jesus George asked for (all files on Iraq) within minutes of seating himself in the Oval Office. (Bob Woodward/Plan of Attack). Is it far fetched? Given the number of proven lies and acts of known deceit by Jesus George, it is not only possible, but quite logical to believe that such an evil and ignorant team as Dick and George would allow such an attack. Shop that around...you will find more believers than you imagine.
Is it reason to attack people at the Pentagon or elsewhere? Of course not! Only a fruitloop/wingnut would see any merit in that.
Regards!
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Big yawn. Glad to hear Rove and Bush no longer were flying the planes. I would suggest that Bush's BIG GOV'T suffered from a lack of envolvement on the highest levels.

Be careful Rupert, don't go shooting up the local postoffice because you think Bush did it.
03-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Big yawn. Glad to hear Rove and Bush no longer were flying the planes. I would suggest that Bush's BIG GOV'T suffered from a lack of envolvement on the highest levels.

Be careful Rupert, don't go shooting up the local postoffice because you think Bush did it.
Actually, the person who ignored the threat of terrorists using commercial airliners as weapons was the Federal Aviation Administration's Administrator. She was a Clinton era appointee serving the remainder of a 5 year appointment. She had previously been in charge of the state transportation authority which was responsible for establishing safety guidelines for the airport where two of the 9-11 flights originated.

And that's the rest of the story.
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Actually, the person who ignored the threat of terrorists using commercial airliners as weapons was the Federal Aviation Administration's Administrator. She was a Clinton era appointee serving the remainder of a 5 year appointment. She had previously been in charge of the state transportation authority which was responsible for establishing safety guidelines for the airport where two of the 9-11 flights originated.

And that's the rest of the story.
The FBI ignored one of it's own agents, as well.

Phoenix Memo

03-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
A California Pot Farmer (identified by authorities as John Patrick Bedell, 36, of Hollister, Calif) was shot and killed last night at the Pentagon after he drew a weapon and opened fire on 3 Pentagon Police officers.

Suspected gunman in Pentagon shooting dies
Nothing in that article (The links go to the same one twice, btw)
says the man was a 'Pot Farmer,' (never mind a 'hemp farmer,') or a farmer of any kind.

Not that that'll stop people from being off and running.

Can't say I know much about pot as curing chronic insomnia... But the interesting thing about chronic insomniacs is... They don't sleep much. This has been known to make people a bit buggy. If the 'chronic insomnia' isn't in fact what we call 'bipolar mania.'

Which condition actually can occasionally mean people indulge conspiracy theories and ...Well.

This article says he was *afraid* of someone taking away marijuana, not that he was stoned or grew or even *had* any.
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Shooting up things is more your style Phil.....I don't need to shoot anyone, I can hack them to shreds right here....I do it to you most every day. More fun and no mess....helps my blood pressure Stock too. Checked yours lately? There are some powerful new medications out there....of course they are rather expensive, but I don't mind.....you're the one that needs them, not me.
Regards!
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In the 2nd article it mentions his "2006 court case in Orange County, Calif., for cultivating marijuana..."

Ok... so maybe a pot grower or pot cultivator... how many plants do you have to be to be a farmer? Point is... a druggie with firearms that he most likely possessed illegally (hard enough for a law abiding citizen of CA to get a weapon permit, much less a known drug offender).

And I don't know what links you clicked on because the ones I posted go to separate articles on the Washington Post...
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
In the 2nd article it mentions his "2006 court case in Orange County, Calif., for cultivating marijuana..."

Ok... so maybe a pot grower or pot cultivator... how many plants do you have to be to be a farmer? Point is... a druggie with firearms that he most likely possessed illegally (hard enough for a law abiding citizen of CA to get a weapon permit, much less a known drug offender).

And I don't know what links you clicked on because the ones I posted go to separate articles on the Washington Post...
I can't answer for this old browser, but it comes up the same article, either way. Neither thing says the man was on pot or was growing anything. Could as easily be, basically, he was 'off his meds,' even if the meds didn't come from a pharmaceutical company. Sounds to me like the courts *stopped* him from having that, whatever you think of it. Or whatever the real root cause. For anyone, though:

Four years is a long time to go without enough sleep. Especially if you don't assume the 'sleeplessness' was made up to 'get drugs' to begin with.

'Druggie?' Nothing here says that.
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I can't answer for this old browser, but it comes up the same article, either way. Neither thing says the man was on pot or was growing anything. Could as easily be, basically, he was 'off his meds,' even if the meds didn't come from a pharmaceutical company. Sounds to me like the courts *stopped* him from having that, whatever you think of it. Or whatever the real root cause. For anyone, though:

Four years is a long time to go without enough sleep. Especially if you don't assume the 'sleeplessness' was made up to 'get drugs' to begin with.

"Or whatever the real root cause."

Heck, I just blame it all on "Backward Thinking"....learned that from you Ratlady! You would be surprised what evils.......errrr... I mean little missteps like murder or attempted murder can be dismissed as "Backwards Thinking".
Regards!
03-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #14
Inactive Account

'Shooting up things is more your style Phil.....I don't need to shoot anyone, I can hack them to shreds right here..'

LOL, Oh my gosh, you figured out the pointy end of the crayola. We are in trouble now.
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

Not a druggie huh?

From the first article...

"In recent weeks, he seems to have wandered back and forth across the country. He was stopped for speeding in Amarillo, Tex., on Jan. 3, and on Feb. 1 for marijuana intoxication in Reno, Nev., where he was so impaired he almost fell over, according to the Reno Gazette-Journal. He had chronic mental health problems, investigators said, and had been treated as inpatient at mental health institutions four times."

and

"During "the last few years of his life [he] had troubles with drugs, especially marijuana.... Bedell had been arrested in drug cases and talked with Monaco "often about drug use and why it was helpful to him," said Monaco, who said Bedell's drug arrests stretched back several years and were a source of "great concern to his parents."

Regardless of whether he got a perscription for "medical pot" he obviously abused it for years if not decades.
Closed Thread