Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah...I guess.
At least the $5000 make up artist is on the shows account now.
I'd hate to see what she looks like in the morning though.

03-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
My mailman was running a little late last week. When I asked him why he told me that he got delayed, because they're finally installing telegraph lines along his dogsled trail.
So we may have a more modern form of communication soon
Won't do me much good... global warming melted my igloo Now I'm homeless
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Won't do me much good... global warming melted my igloo Now I'm homeless
I saw some smoke signals the other day saying that help is on the way.
They're arranging a Buffalo Hunt, hoping that they'll get enough furs to build you all Teepees.
However, I don't know where they'll get the poles from.... since trees don't grow this far North
03-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I saw some smoke signals the other day saying that help is on the way.
They're arranging a Buffalo Hunt, hoping that they'll get enough furs to build you all Teepees.
There's no rush, we have some radioactive waste from the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant that trickled into our water supply. Plutonium waste helps keep us warm, and keeps the dark away at night.

We can always count on our American neighbours. It's a give and take relationship. They come here and get free health care, then they send us nuclear waste to help keep us warm.

03-10-2010, 04:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I can't believe Palin subjected herself to doctors that use the metric system....how evil.
I wonder if the docs stripped her threads then? Or maybe they have an American unit toolset for those fancy imports like Palin...
03-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adding to the irony is her comment that she and Todd paid for health care out of pocket until they landed "good union jobs.” That should blow the minds of her nut-cracker following!
03-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Sarah...the Great White Hope.........if this is the best the Tea Party Freaks can do, they are in awesome trouble. Of course, with her infinite knowledge, she is a super representative for their members, they are all about like her...just not quite as smart.
Regards!

03-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
Veteran Member

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." - the opium trade funded Ralph Waldo Emerson.

What's a hobgoblin?
03-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Interesting that none of the usual suspects are posting in here...
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #25
Site Supporter

They went to Canada for a hang nail.......LOL
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Too bad she can't speak English....but giggling a lot works. Besides, who can't resist a cougar prancing around with a shotgun...
Hehehe.
The irony of this post is that it is in a thread which is titled with improper grammar!!
Fun to see both sides though as most pol forums I see are dominated by the right.
03-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #27
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Nomad, you are correct. "has" should be "Have"
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #28
Site Supporter

It's too bad she didn't go to Canada for an education.

She would have been a much better person for it.
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #29
Veteran Member

For those of you posting to this thread, you really should drive up to Alaska sometime. I'm sure it's changed, but even in the 80's it was an interesting experience. I can only imagine what it was like in the 60's.

Thank you
Russell
03-15-2010, 06:00 AM   #30
Inactive Account

'How ironic that Sarah Pailn and here family has used The great evil socialized health care in Canada. In fact residents of her former home town still use it today in Whitehorse (Yukon). '

I think I would take the train to Whitehorse rather than fly to Juneau. That has to be cheaper on the transportation side alone.

I think we would relish Canada Care about now down here after Obama Care I with pay offs and complete transperancy went down in flames. We are girding our loins and cheeks for the transperant Obama Care II now. As Pelosi recently said, 'We must vote for it soon so we can find out whats in it" Me thinks the ingrediants in the democratic healthcare sausage is all foreskins. No thank you till I know what's behind the curtain and who the sausage maker is. One leaker said the Louisiana pay off is still there. Most likely the union crapola as well. Will it address the huge disparity in Canadian meds vs US prices on the same stuff? WTF you want from the US gov't anyway? I assure you, if and after Obama Care II crashes or flies by chicanery and 1 vote, Canadian meds will remain about 30% cheaper. Maybe we can trade you our cheaper tobacco and hemp products for our own meds back straight across? Just an idea.

FYI we do have SS/ Federal Medicare here as well as various state supplimentary plans like the celebrated Mass. health ins. Many millions including *Palin are on it, legal citizens and otherwise. Medicare is the long in-place Fed program Obama wants to gut to partially pay for Obama Care V.2 beta. In short, we have had a socialized med plan of sorts here for many years.

*In the very unlikely chance she becomes a Fed gov't employee, she would not be on SS/Medicare. She would have her very own politicians' benefit package like the designers of Obama Care I and II beta have. See we still have the trappings of royalty here in the US.

We will see what's in the Obama transparant locked box behind the curtain in the secured smoked and mirrored back room shortly.