Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by justinr Quote
Well, best I go slit my wrists I guess.
That's a little extreme... think of the people who are gonna have to clean up the mess afterwards.

So inconsiderate

03-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
That's a little extreme... think of the people who are gonna have to clean up the mess afterwards.

So inconsiderate
thats why you do it in a bathtub
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
thats why you do it in a bathtub
Oh ok, so long as someone can easily drain and rinse his life-sustaining fluid down the drain afterwards, that's ok.

Blood is so messy!
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #19
Banned

the judge obviously knows what hes talking about. he obviously knows his equipment. although he seems to be under the impression that to be pro, one "needs" a 1series. of course with a canon kit, I guess that says "pro". despite that, I think this clip was grand. "I could use an old brownie box camera."

03-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent idea!

Dont forget to make a video and have someone youtube it.
My dear Gooshin, I wonder, would it be terribly bold of me to ask as to whether you would do the kindness of undertaking such a task? I rather feel that if I am to have a memorial forever posted in cyberspace then I should wish it be crafted with care, expertise and professionalism of a standard which perhaps only your goodself can attain. Naturally should Vogue take an interest in publishing the tribute then you of course would be fully entitled to both the royalties and kudos attached to such a cutting edge project. Perhaps I could dress in top hat and tales and be portrayed as hopeless suitor making one last desperate attempt to gain your affections, yes, that's how I think it should be done.

What say you?

BTW, It would be good if we could keep the squirrels out of it, but I fear the worst.
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
Veteran Member

My dear Gooshin, I wonder, would it be terribly bold of me to ask as to whether you would do the kindness of undertaking such a task? I rather feel that if I am to have a memorial forever posted in cyberspace then I should wish it be crafted with care, expertise and professionalism of a standard which perhaps only your goodself can attain. Naturally should Vogue take an interest in publishing the tribute then you of course would be fully entitled to both the royalties and kudos attached to such a cutting edge project. Perhaps I could dress in top hat and tales and be portrayed as hopeless suitor making one last desperate attempt to gain your affections, yes, that's how I think it should be done.

What say you?

BTW, It would be good if we could keep the squirrels out of it, but I fear the worst.
I'm not from Texas

and i'm not a video guy

try craigslist

maybe you'll stumble on a "pro" videographer shooting with a rented nokia phone

then your family can sue him on television for false advertising

its a never ending cycle! ohh the horror.
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #22
Veteran Member

p.s.

It's done in a warm bath to ensure a good flow of blood to the limbs and to stop it clotting, best cut them length ways as well, tricker to fix if found in time.

You see, I read all the wrong books.

03-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm not from Texas

and i'm not a video guy

try craigslist

maybe you'll stumble on a "pro" videographer shooting with a rented nokia phone

then your family can sue him on television for false advertising

its a never ending cycle! ohh the horror.
Is being from Texas such a bad deal? I suppose it's akin to being a Yorkshireman in the UK, pleasant enough as counties go if only they wouldn't keep telling us all about it all of the time! In Ireland it's the Dubliners who insist that they were the first to be placed upon this earth by the almighty, but it's not as lovely as Yorkshire let alone the rest of Ireland. You should visit and let the our emerald world ablate the torment within your soul. You'd be an even more wonderful person for it.
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Is being from Texas such a bad deal? I suppose it's akin to being a Yorkshireman in the UK, pleasant enough as counties go if only they wouldn't keep telling us all about it all of the time! In Ireland it's the Dubliners who insist that they were the first to be placed upon this earth by the almighty, but it's not as lovely as Yorkshire let alone the rest of Ireland. You should visit and let the our emerald world ablate the torment within your soul. You'd be an even more wonderful person for it.
I try not to judge anything based on a small sampling, but I have yet to personally meet a pleasant Texan... or a fit Texan. This may have something to do with my location, way at the opposite end of the continent from Texas.
03-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

When I was doing wedding photography I was using a Bronica on manual everything. I'd pit the average sharpness of my AF 18-55 kit lens against that of the Bronica average any day. It's not that the Bronica lenses are poor it's just that manually metering and focusing in a gloomy church whilst trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible is quite a task. The fact that I came away with anything decent or sharp at all always used to amaze me.

Now the photographer in question may have been quite hopeless but are we saying that if she had a top end Pencanikon then all would have been well? Doesn't that simply reinforce the myth that an expensive camera is all you need to be a good photographer?
When I was doing wedding photography it was with a Pentax 6x7. It wouldn't surprise me if a kit lens is as sharp as some of my old 6x7 Takumars, but then, I also wasn't magnifying the images anywhere near as much with the 6x7 negative as I am with the junior sized DLSR image.

An 8x10 from the 6x7 is a 4x enlargement, the same size print from an APS-C camera is just over a 13x magnification.
I'd hope the lenses for the DSLR are better, they are being worked a lot harder to do the same job.

It would also help if you would read what you are responding to before you interject a red herring.
If you go back and read what you replied to, you will find that I said that a Canon Rebel wass a good enough camera body for shooting weddings, so I really don't know where you figure I was saying anything about having to have a top end "Pencanikon" (whatever the heck that is).
03-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
Veteran Member

What about me?

I try not to judge anything based on a small sampling, but I have yet to personally meet a pleasant Texan... or a fit Texan. This may have something to do with my location, way at the opposite end of the continent from Texas.
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
What about me?
haven't met you, sorry You're a cyber-personality in the vast expanse that is the Internet. You have no locality, you're just "there".
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

Nope. You pretty much nailed it. They just aren't as nice as Floridians. Look at Rob.
03-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Nope. You pretty much nailed it. They just aren't as nice as Floridians. Look at Rob.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Oh Frank......I am so overwelmed with emotion...... excuse me while I GO CRY.....SNIFF......SNIFF......BOOO HOOOO!!!!!!
haven't met you, sorry You're a cyber-personality in the vast expanse that is the Internet. You have no locality, you're just "there".