Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Total Control

Like I've said before, Big Brother wants total control of your life. And mine. Can't we ship these idiotic liberals off to Darfur?

QuoteQuote:
One Brooklyn lawmaker wants to take some flavor out of your food.

Assemblyman Felix Ortiz (D-Brooklyn) has proposed a bill that "prohibits the use of salt by restaurants in the preparation of food by restaurants."

Bill A10129 calls for fining a-salters $1000 for flouting the law.

New York has already successfully banned trans fats from restaurants and local politicians are weighing a tax on soda, so shaking the salt out of kitchens may not be such a far-fetched idea.
Salt Ban For Restaurants? Lawmaker Introduces Bill To Kill Salt

Even I can't make this crap up.

As an aside, I was one of those who, as a younger man would put salt on even before I tasted the grub. Now however I barely eat out at restaurants because I find the food way too salty. Especially Olive Gardens Chicken Parm. I mean it's like eating a block of salt. Even after scraping off the breading and cheese. But others love it.

03-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just makin' way for the new improved synthetic salt.
Marketing made to order.
Ask yourself, what would benifit?
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Like I've said before, Big Brother wants total control of your life. And mine. Can't we ship these idiotic liberals off to Darfur?

Salt Ban For Restaurants? Lawmaker Introduces Bill To Kill Salt

Even I can't make this crap up.

As an aside, I was one of those who, as a younger man would put salt on even before I tasted the grub. Now however I barely eat out at restaurants because I find the food way too salty. Especially Olive Gardens Chicken Parm. I mean it's like eating a block of salt. Even after scraping off the breading and cheese. But others love it.

Apparently the Govt is trying to save moronic idiots from themselves...it is a known and proven fact that too much salt kills.....some say more than smoking. So what business does the Govt have saving idiots that oversalt their food....I'm with you George, I say let them suffer a stroke, heart attack, or kidney failure and just die of their own ignorance. You are dead right on this one.....and most likely soon dead too!
Best Regards!
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Apparently the Govt is trying to save moronic idiots from themselves...it is a known and proven fact that too much salt kills.....some say more than smoking. So what business does the Govt have saving idiots that oversalt their food....I'm with you George, I say let them suffer a stroke, heart attack, or kidney failure and just die of their own ignorance. You are dead right on this one.....and most likely soon dead too!
Best Regards!
So now you are saying we should listen to the scientists? Geez, Rupert make up your mind!
The problem with America is stupidity. I’m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don’t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Show me something that is idiot proof and I'll show you something only an idiot would want.

03-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

KISS

What lobby would this help out?
Your answer to why is there.
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So now you are saying we should listen to the scientists? Geez, Rupert make up your mind!
The problem with America is stupidity. I’m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don’t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Show me something that is idiot proof and I'll show you something only an idiot would want.
Maybe you should sign up for that reading comprehension too Jim? I said I was in total agreement with George and hope he gets all the salt he desires.
Regards!
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe you should sign up for that reading comprehension too Jim? ........
Comprehension? What's that? Tell me how to spell that so I can look it up

03-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Today salt, tomorrow ribeyes. Anyone hear of lemmings? Might be tied into that fishing stuff... I guess they would hate for someone to reel in a 220lb social worker.

As a side note, an old interview tactic by businesses was to take a prospect out to eat and see if they salt & pepper their food before or after they take a bite. If they did it before they wouldn't hire them because it was a sign that a person was a creature of habit, not living in the moment and/or able to embrace change. I'm sure this still goes on. You guys looking for a job take note.

Last edited by Das Boot; 03-11-2010 at 02:42 PM.
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm surprised you'd ever eat at the Olive Garden, being such a proud Italian, George.
03-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I'm surprised you'd ever eat at the Olive Garden, being such a proud Italian, George.
Real Italians would never eat at an Olive Garden.
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I've eaten at the Olive Garden........ twice........... I'm a slow learner.
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Better spring into action and ban corned beef and cabbage before St Patrick's Day.
Why don't the citizens just tell Ortiz to eat sh!t?
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

Maybe you should sign up for that reading comprehension too Jim? I said I was in total agreement with George and hope he gets all the salt he desires.
Regards!
You can't read can you? The implication of what I posted would lead a person of even average intelligence to conclude I don't use much, if any salt at all.

We use to go to OG because we like the salad and the pasta figioli soup. And I like eggplant parm and chicken parm. Now if I want the chicken I just make it myself. At home. With no salt but what's in the bread crumbs.

Remember, they have a major industry. They have major banks. They are trying for healthcare. They are trying for the very food you put in your mouth. They think you're too stupid to think for yourself. Maybe you liberals are too stupid to think for yourself. I however can, and do think for myself.
03-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Remember, they have a major industry. They have major banks. They are trying for healthcare. They are trying for the very food you put in your mouth. They think you're too stupid to think for yourself. Maybe you liberals are too stupid to think for yourself. I however can, and do think for myself.
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Um...........er..............They?
And who might they be?
Try and keep it simple.