Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She loves me, she really loves me!

So often I am the first to complain my better half, the wife, the misses, the good looking one, the brains, the boss, my dearest, etc... doesn't support my photog interest, but today she proved me wrong... she spent 3 hours this afternoon finding me the perfect book on photog techniques for my birthday! I figure we need to post kudos to them and then email them links so they can see we publicly love them. Or whatever stores we have of them being the most supportive of us... then next week we can go back to complaining they don't understand our LBA....

03-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

That's great and glad she's supportive. Congrats. I was equally surprised at Christmas 2009. My wife posted here and the members helped her find a sweet Takumar 28mm f2.5 in mint condition. It's great when you get that support and they also help fuel the LBA
03-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

So did she smack up the car? Or buy new shoes? Come on no other half does that unless she's hiding something or wants something. Or wants you to do something.
03-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
Damn Brit

You wait, your wife will read the book, then borrow your camera. Then when you see her pictures compared to yours, what are you going to do, take up knitting?

03-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
But knitting could be fun right... like I mean when this whole photog thing doesn't work out
03-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All you got was a book?
03-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
All you got was a book?
And her support which was worth tons... and a golf/work shirt so I can go from the office to the course and some socks, and a hangover...

03-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's awesome, nothing better than a wife's support for your hobby.

My wife let me use our wedding gifts (mostly money) to buy a K-7. When I started complaining about the battery I kept forgetting to charge, she sold her BIO (expensive optometric equipment) so I could buy a battery grip for my K-7. The BIO ended up selling for a ton more money than we expected, so she said I should buy a DA* 50-135mm instead

The only condition: lots of pictures of the dogs. I'm still working on that.