Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #226
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The gut is what I'm trying to get rid of. I'm pretty sure if I get to 165-170 it'll become visibly less as well. Just not sure how to get there.

02-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I'm 5' 11" and average build, 160 pounds this morning.
If I only weighed 160 pounds, there would be a line three blocks long of people waiting to whip my butt.
02-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #228
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
The gut is what I'm trying to get rid of. I'm pretty sure if I get to 165-170 it'll become visibly less as well. Just not sure how to get there.
this would be the most challenging part to get rid of. I recommend doing some crunches , pull-ups or modified pull ups. basically, there are several floor mat exercises to get rid of it. side to side, leg raises, etc... of course, less complex carb is a must. I ballooned up again recently due to complex carb intake, probably around 180lbs or 183lbs on estimate. but I cut down on it just recently to about portion cup size. I still eat some substantial amount protein though.
02-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #229
Veteran Member

Original Poster
WTF are complex carbs.

Why is there math in weight loss?

03-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #230
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, let's see if you guys can answer this.

Despite the fact that I'm gaining weight now, my gut and legs are still getting smaller.
03-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you working out? Muscle is heavier than fat.
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Are you working out? Muscle is heavier than fat.
including bone mass.

just for information, working out would mean a lot of things.

1.> improving your cardio and pulmonary endurance.

2.> replacing fats with muscles ( this mean you could lose fat without losing weight due to muscle mass replacement). no decrease on dietary intake but more on protein.

3.> muscle toning. shaping up.

4.> lose weight by burning fats but monitor your food intake and type.

03-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #233
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My scale lied to me today and said I was 175.

I'll go with it.
03-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #234

Photos: Albums
7 meals a day except on lifting days and I may bump it up to 9 meals a day. this is my get absolutely cut up shredded diet. Looking to get below 6% body fat Running this for 6 weeks and mixing in 45min of cardio everyday. Cardio starts at 4:55AM on an empty stomach. No cereals, breads, pasta, dairy, processed crap. No juice, no fruit. Just lean protein, fibrous veggies, and clean carbs along with some supplements. Min of 1 gal of h2o, green tea throughout the day, and black coffee to kick start the morning.
1. 30g of protein/15g carbs/.5 g fat
2. 55g of protein/29 carbs/3.5
3. 40g of protein/26 carbs/9 g of fat
4. 45 g of protein/ 27 carbs / 3 of fat
5. 34 g of protein / 2 carbs/ 1 fat
6. 44g of protein / 12 g of carbs/ 21 g of fat
7. 26g of protein / 6. 45 g of carbs / 8.5 g of fat

....Edit: If I am just looking to drop weight as fast as possible, I will do a keto diet and I can very easily drop 25 - 30lbs in 30 days. What I am doing above still allows me to maintain strength and even sometimes add a very small amount of lean muscle mass while dropping body fat. This is what works for me, but I am also someone who follows this like clock work and I measure every gram of food I consume. I have alarms on my PDA, so to go off to make sure I don't miss a single meal at my specific times.

Last edited by 41ants; 03-28-2011 at 03:29 AM.
03-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #235
Veteran Member

I'm 6'.....weighed myself 2 weeks ago 104.2 kilos=229.2lbs!!..A DISGRACE.
So, I'm trying....today, after 2 weeks 101.1 kilos=222.2lbs=7lb loss...or half a stone!!
Got a LLLOOONNNGGG way to go....my first goal is 100kilos=220lbs, then on to 90kilos or 198lbs.
I'm cutting out the grog, walking for an hour/day, 5 times a week.....and trying to eat sensibly.....and less.
Also drinking 2 litres of water per day.
It's not easy.....but I'm trying!!
Cheers, Pickles.
03-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #236
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good luck you two, I hope you keep posting your progress here. It really actually helps.

174!
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #237
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
So, I'm trying....today, after 2 weeks 101.1 kilos=222.2lbs=7lb loss...or half a stone!!
Got a LLLOOONNNGGG way to go....my first goal is 100kilos=220lbs, then on to 90kilos or 198lbs.
I'm cutting out the grog, walking for an hour/day, 5 times a week.....and trying to eat sensibly.....and less.
Cheers, Pickles.
I know exactly what you mean. I was pretty tentative on posting on this thread until I hit my target weight. now that I did, I'm pretty much here and report all the things that had happened.

after a long battle with work stress, laziness, uninspired and gluttony, I had finally restarted my regimen 2 weeks ago (2 Tuesdays ago to be exact). basically I ballooned up again to 177 lbs 2 weeks ago. now I'm down to 168.6 lbs. my target was to hit below 170 consistently, that's why I'm here since I have done that. about 8.4 lbs weight loss. honestly, I could had lost more if I had cut down considerably my complex carb intake. Yes, I was still eating a substantial amount of starch and sugar like softdrinks, mash potatoes, rice, sweets, etc... so that kinda slowed the weight loss progress. I would had probablty weigh around 163-164lbs if I followed a much stricter diet, so basically, that's 4-5 lbs (regained weight on every workout). but I'm not complaining since I'm losing weight, although it's slow compared to what I really preferred. transition diet is quite a task especially if I came from a smorgasbord mentality. and crash-dieting would just fuel hunger more, not to mention stomach grumblings. I have a new target weight and I would post here again once I reach that goal.
03-30-2011, 03:14 AM   #238
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Only being 4 pounds away from my goal isn't making it any easier to get there.
03-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #239
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
including bone mass.

just for information, working out would mean a lot of things.

1.> improving your cardio and pulmonary endurance.
I finally managed to start working out again last year after getting some bad news about blood pressure etc. from my doctor. IMHO, if you're able to work out on a regular basis, it's the only sensible way to weight loss. I've also adjusted my eating habits (less saturated fats and sweets), but not much, the most important goal was to start running two times a week. It was immensely hard in the beginning (despite the fact that I did cross-country running when I was young), but it really pays off in the long run. The more you get used to it, the more fun it is. Just be careful if you haven't worked out in a while. Swimming is good as a start, because it's gentle to your joints. Running is tougher, you have to start very carefully with walking and gradually increase speed and distance. And buy the best running shoes you can afford - they protect your joints from the sudden strain they'll get!

I'm now down at (converted from metric) about 210 lb (I was above 230 when I started). It took a really long time to get from 230 to 224, probably because I built a lot of muscles from all the running. From 224 to 210 has been surprisingly easy, and I don't really want to go below 200 (I'm tall!), so I'm almost there now.
03-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #240
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
Cheers, Pickles.
As an Australian, this might be of interest to you, especially based on what you're doing right now:

Healthy Weight For Life

It's a diet program I'm currently on and if you're elligible with, say HCF, then they'll cover all the expenses. I'm on my 11th week (out of 18) and have lost 19kgs.

I should also mention my starting weight was 100.8kgs, so I'm doing well.

But it's a diet program for people with determination and actually want to lose weight. For example, it wants you to do 30mins of exercise a day - I go for an hour each day (cause I'm that determined - haha). Although, two weeks ago I injured my knee from not stretching it properly and then running on the treadmill so I've moved onto upper body exercise while that rests and heals.

Benefit of the diet is that it's meant to make you not only learn how to portion your food properly and know how much carbs, protein and vegetables you should take, but it also results in the size of your stomach shrinking.

I used to eat a lot - multiple servings if not just large servings altogether... even ate meals at midnightt. A simple example - I used to be able to eat a footlong Subway sandwich and a few cookies easily. Now I just eat a 6-inch sub for lunch - it's enough to satisfy me. And that's how it should be.

At this stage, my legs have firmed up - although there's still some fat from my buttocks that can go away - but that's not until my knee has healed up. And I still have a bit of a stomach that can go away, but I'm determined that it will Since, my total goal is to lose a total of 25kgs of fat.