Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #241
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lol I thought this would be a post about ditching heavy gear for lighter bodies and lenses

03-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Lol I thought this would be a post about ditching heavy gear for lighter bodies and lenses
Ditch your APS-C Pentax for the upcoming NC-1 for instant weight loss on the field
03-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #243
Veteran Member

would like to update since my last post in this thread on 28th of December - I started to control the diet more, attending the poweryoga twice a week and lost since then 7 kilos (15 pounds) at a steady rate of 2 kilos a month - this suits me and I already feel much better
still lot of fat to go - at least another 10 kilos, which I would like to get rid of through lot of trekking and spending more time in nature and not sitting in front of the desk
wish you all good weightloosing!
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #244
Veteran Member

Where would we support our heavy SLRs and lenses if we all had flat stomachs. Just a practical consideration. :P

03-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #245
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm doing my best to get back into this routine of not eating constantly and making myself want to walk everywhere instead of be lazy and drive to the same places. Seems to be fairly difficult but not as hard it was the first time I ever tried it.
04-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #246
Veteran Member

Where would we support our heavy SLRs and lenses if we all had flat stomachs. Just a practical consideration. :P
You have a point there - my belly does a good job during event shooting
but I really want to get rid of that fat

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I'm doing my best to get back into this routine of not eating constantly and making myself want to walk everywhere instead of be lazy and drive to the same places. Seems to be fairly difficult but not as hard it was the first time I ever tried it.
good to hear that mate, hold on that track
04-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #247
Veteran Member

diets work in the short term but what is really needed is a lifestyle change. Another poster reported going from a footlong to a six inch sub. A lifestyle change is to eat subway once a month. Eat low fat low energy grade home cooked foods the rest of the time, lots of salad and plain water.
Increase your metabolism by building muscle mass. Do group fitness training for cardio, peer pressure will keep you going.
Diets do long time harm. Change has to be gradual to last

04-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #248
Veteran Member

diets work in the short term
well I mean diet in a very general, nutrition sort of way, and agree with above
04-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #249
Veteran Member

diets work in the short term but what is really needed is a lifestyle change. Another poster reported going from a footlong to a six inch sub. A lifestyle change is to eat subway once a month. Eat low fat low energy grade home cooked foods the rest of the time, lots of salad and plain water.
Increase your metabolism by building muscle mass. Do group fitness training for cardio, peer pressure will keep you going.
I'm the one who posted about Subway

Going from a footlong to a six inch sub isn't me starving myself. My stomach has physically shrunk so I feel full with less food, and I'm still getting the right amount of energy, carbs, protein, etc. I eat more vegetables and salads (i really like salads, heheh).

A few months before I commenced my diet, I decided to no longer drink softdrink. I've gone for half a year without drinking any softdrink. All i drink is water, tea and coffee (need something to keep myself awake at work ). Admittedly, I drank Pepsi Max, so it was sugar free in the first place, but there's numerous reasons to not drink any kind of softdrink.

I agree with doing group fitness for training cardio if you have problems motivating yourself.

As for me, I've been using the treadmill at home. It was simple to motivate myself - to slowly progress from walking 4km/h, to jogging 6km/h, to running 9km/h (then I hurt my knee ). I kept thinking to myself "I was able to do this yesterday, so I can do it today".

Anyway, diets can do long term harm if you make the mistake of thinking it's a quick fix. I honestly wanted to change not only the way I looked, but the way I felt and how I lived my life (they're all tied together). Anyone going into a diet or lifestyle change should try to have some important personal motivator otherwise it's easy to fall off the path you want.

Losing 19kg's to date is important to me! And I want to lose more! I'm not going to make my efforts over the past few months go to waste!
04-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #250

Photos: Albums
You are what you eat. Plain and simple. Without proper nutrition, exercise is a lost cause. I see the same people in the gym year after year and they still look like crap. I also know a lot of people that call themselves runners, but you certainly wouldn't know it by looking at them. So, An hour in the gym doesn't do much good if you are doing everything wrong outside of the gym. get the nutrition nailed down instead of trying to climb out of a hole by exercising.

Last edited by 41ants; 04-10-2011 at 01:21 PM.
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #251
Veteran Member

This thread inspired me to go to a group fitness class on Saturday. BUT... the instructor was OBESE. Not just overweight, obese. Whats the world coming to?
04-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #252
Veteran Member

This thread inspired me to go to a group fitness class on Saturday. BUT... the instructor was OBESE. Not just overweight, obese. Whats the world coming to?
Haha, oh dear.

I bet that instills a lot of confidence in you

Was it Fitness First or something?
04-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #253
Veteran Member

Yep Fitness First.
04-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #254
Veteran Member

Some good sensible comments on here, from people who KNOW what it's like to be over weight, and who are trying to do something about it, in various ways.
Ya gotta "want" to do it, I reckon, and if you are really sick of seeing "rubbish" in the mirror, or not looking in the mirror because you don't wanna see "rubbish"....that is a pretty good incentive....It's mine, anyway.
So, like I said, I'm trying....cutting out a few things....still having the occasional glass of wine, but from 104.3 three weeks ago, I've lost 2ks the 1st week, 1K the second & third, so now I'm down to 100.1 (would have been nice to be under 100!), but wifey tells me that 4.2 kilos in three weeks is prety good.
BUT, I really do want to do it....so I hope I can keep going.
I'm also drinking 2L of water per day, which I reckon is a great help....keeps your innards flushed out....and also keeps you feeling "full"!
Cheers, Pickles.
04-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
BUT, I really do want to do it....so I hope I can keep going.
you sure can keep it going, and with support from your wife, there should be no real obstacle I can think of (except for your own mindset, which looks positive)
dont forget to update on your`s advance