Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
so how is everybody doing after the season of yummy dinners?
I managed to gain 5 kilos due to my lazynes and bad weather outside, but already lost 4...in total, I have gone down from 105 kilos in Dec 2010 to 87 now, would like to push it further coz it feels just great

03-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hate to admit it, but the entire time I was doing weigh-ins here, my scale was about 15 pounds off. I'm now at an official weight of 168, and I went as low as 164. I'm now going to the gym every day and working on building muscle. I actually just ran a mile and a half at speed 8 on a treadmill at the gym, the most I've ever done (among other workouts).
03-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #273
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
exactly 11 months since I weight at 190 lbs. I now weight at around 159lbs which is already around my recommended BMI. my weight usually play around 168-173 lbs which was still overweight. I now plan to achieve my target weight of 154 lbs which is about 5 lbs off in a matter of 10-14 days if possible with strenuous exercise and atkins diet combo which I am now doing for 2 months. I did consider targeting 143 lbs about more than a year ago, although that would make me really light and agile, that would make me looked kiddy skinny. I decide to keep it at 154 with enough mass to develop muscle bulk. what I need now is right toning which is sufficient enough to burn the remaining 5 pounds of excess fat and develop those areas into muscles.

target areas are abs, chest,back (upper and lower), neck, gluteus, shoulder, arms (upper and lower region), and most importantly, my surgically repaired left leg. I had lost considerable muscle mass due to muscle atrophy and have to regain range of motion and coordination with the muscles during the rehab period. leg muscles that needed to develop and regain mass are the calf muscles, hamstring and quads, muscles surrounding the knee and back.
03-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #274
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

A little over a year ago I discovered I had bloomed to 205 and went on a self structured low fat diet with lots of fruits and veggies, less red meat and fewer snacks.
I am now at 180 and have stalled out. I can't seem to drop another pound unless I start an exercise program, which I absolutely refuse to do. At 6'1" 180 is a healthy enough weight, but 175 is near perfect from past experience. Maybe I can get there, maybe not.

What has worked for me......I am pretty strict on what I eat for 6 days a week. Here is a typical evening meal.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I seldom eat lunch, but have oatmeal and blueberries every morning. If I do eat lunch it is low fat and under 300 calories.

Here is what keeps me on my diet! Once a week I get to eat anything I want. We usually go out and I usually eat a Chicken Fried Steak. Knowing I am just a few days away from a heavenly meal keeps me from cheating those other six days!

Worth waiting for!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards & the best of luck for all you guys fighting the battle. It's tough but you can do it! I quit smoking about 7 years ago.....now that was tough!

03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A little over a year ago I discovered I had bloomed to 205 and went on a self structured low fat diet with lots of fruits and veggies, less red meat and fewer snacks.
I am now at 180 and have stalled out. I can't seem to drop another pound unless I start an exercise program, which I absolutely refuse to do. At 6'1" 180 is a healthy enough weight, but 175 is near perfect from past experience. Maybe I can get there, maybe not.

What has worked for me......I am pretty strict on what I eat for 6 days a week. Here is a typical evening meal.
[/url] [/IMG]

I seldom eat lunch, but have oatmeal and blueberries every morning. If I do eat lunch it is low fat and under 300 calories.

Here is what keeps me on my diet! Once a week I get to eat anything I want. We usually go out and I usually eat a Chicken Fried Steak. Knowing I am just a few days away from a heavenly meal keeps me from cheating those other six days!

Worth waiting for!
[/url] [/IMG]

Regards & the best of luck for all you guys fighting the battle. It's tough but you can do it! I quit smoking about 7 years ago.....now that was tough!

congratulations and it is real tough especially at the initial phase. but once you get over that stage, it's practically easy. I think 180lbs is alright for you. but that still depends. you need to know about your BMI limit. the computation would depend on age, height and body structure. once you add all those up, you'll be able to determine you max limit for BMI. mine is around 164lbs. but I decided to go to 154lbs just to get rid some of those flabs and develop some muscle on those areas. toning is a working progress but I think I'm on the right track. I'll see in 10 to 14 days how this turns out.

btw, I eat on small plate just to get everything in the right amount. what I eat is just a 1/3 of what you eat. to be honest, 1 day of eat what you want is alright and doesn't really affect you weight long term. I was on that type of regimen when I was younger but still I was able to maintain 143lbs. 175lbs can be done without exercise. but you have to cut your daily intake by a 1/3 if you want to lose weight in a shorter span of time. anyway, you don't know what you're missing by not exercising. just sayin.
03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #276
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
you don't know what you're missing by not exercising. just sayin.
Oh yes I do! That's why I don't do it! I'm already all worn out, and I don't need any help in breaking any parts with contortionist moves that speed up the process.

Regards!
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exercise makes you happy and smarter. It improves your immune system. It reverses some aging processes.

It does kind of suck to actually do it.

03-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #278
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
It does kind of suck to actually do it.
Running on a treadmill is really boring, but unfortunately has been all I could do due to snow and ice lately (until yesterday, actually).

Running outside though can be real fun! I especially like to go for a morning run when I'm visiting a new city. It's a pity that my K-5 is too heavy to carry when running, though, I usually see all kinds of pictures I'd like to take. In some rare cases, the iPhone is good enough:
03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #279
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
pretty strict on what I eat
That would also depend on how exactly one prepares their food and also what types of food one purchases. Ask most any grocier and one will quickly discover that most of the people throughout american society basically eat most of their fruits and vegetables out of a can; even various united states government agencies and studies clearly confrm this. so when items such as vegetables out of a can, do not prepare them properly - that the vegetables are so saturated with pesticides, etc... There is actually very little benefit to most americans eating vegetables unless they are properly prepared.

Then there are items such as the quite bogus food pyramid. Have fun with getting everything in those food groups; and then doing it in under 2500 calories.
03-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #280
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Running on a treadmill is really boring, but unfortunately has been all I could do due to snow and ice lately (until yesterday, actually).

Running outside though can be real fun! I especially like to go for a morning run when I'm visiting a new city. It's a pity that my K-5 is too heavy to carry when running, though, I usually see all kinds of pictures I'd like to take. In some rare cases, the iPhone is good enough:
Running = bad. Biking = good.
Speaking as one who's relatives have a history of bad knees.
03-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #281
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Running = bad. Biking = good.
Speaking as one who's relatives have a history of bad knees.
I guess it depends... And it's a question of "listening" to your body, the few times my knees have started to hurt, I reduced my running for a while until it was good again. I used to run on soft wood tracks only to avoid hurting my knees, but I've gradually started running more on streets - and with careful training my knees don't mind it anymore.

It's also a question of finding the right shoes - I've bought quite a few pairs of shoes that I simply can't use. The latest bad purchase was a pair of Nike Vomero's - they're simply too cushioned for me and that actually makes my knees hurt. My favorites currently is a pair of Mizuno WaveRider 15.
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I guess it depends... And it's a question of "listening" to your body, the few times my knees have started to hurt, I reduced my running for a while until it was good again. I used to run on soft wood tracks only to avoid hurting my knees, but I've gradually started running more on streets - and with careful training my knees don't mind it anymore.

It's also a question of finding the right shoes - I've bought quite a few pairs of shoes that I simply can't use. The latest bad purchase was a pair of Nike Vomero's - they're simply too cushioned for me and that actually makes my knees hurt. My favorites currently is a pair of Mizuno WaveRider 15.
have you tried the AirmAx 2013? I used to run with NikeFree's for a very long time for 7 years because they felt more natural and close to the ground and flexible. I stopped using them last year when I develop plantar fasciitis and somehow remodeled the shape of my feet. so I needed the much needed cushion nowadays. what I find comfortable for running are the Asics gel, New Balance (custom orthotics), UA Micro G and Nike Lunarlon and AirMax. I'm not much of a fan of Adidas Adiprene but I think Adidas is releasing a new cushion system or was it Reebok.
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #283
Veteran Member

Now this is fun

03-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
if there's such a thing as a cat burglar, this would be it. also, this should be a tutorial on how to get rid of cops chasing you.
03-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
have you tried the AirmAx 2013?
No. I used to use Asics Gel Nimbus for a while after taking up running again 3 years ago, but after a year or two I decided that they were (at least in my huge size) not "firm" enough, much like (but not quite as bad as) the Vomeros. In addition, my last pair of Nimbuses only lasted 100 kms before my difficult heels tore a hole in the inner heel fabric. My Mizunos have lasted a little longer there, but in the end I had to find a solution so I wouldn't have to change shoes every 200 kms - how were I to satisfy my LBA if I had to buy new expensive running shoes every 3 months?

Here's the solution I found - I've used these for about 150 kms since then - without replacing the duct tape I also ran my first half marathon in September with a (different) pair of duct-taped Mizunos.