Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Oh I know I obess, WiiFit tells me so... I think my trouble was I quite playing hockey and started ref'n it... that and beer...
consuming food is an addiction

as a person grows older, they generally do less physical activity and their metabolism slows down

except they still enjoy a nice hearty meal so their food consumption never goes down

all of a sudden 20 years go by and you've got 50 pounds on you that you cant seem to get rid off, and you're wondering what the heck it is that happened..

EAT LESS

==

unless you got some genetic thing going on, then nothing can save you

03-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
BPT
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am willing to join in, though I need a bit more light at the end of the day or morning before I hop on my bike. 4:30-7:00 is the main time I get with my kids daily.
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
BPT
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
at 5'6" I was at the best shape of my life at 150 pounds. I was running up and down 100% slopes all day. I was in awesome shape and not fat but BMI wise I would have been nearly over weight. I dont think the BMI scale is a perfect indicator.
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BPT Quote
at 5'6" I was at the best shape of my life at 150 pounds. I was running up and down 100% slopes all day. I was in awesome shape and not fat but BMI wise I would have been nearly over weight. I dont think the BMI scale is a perfect indicator.
not a perfect indicator but an indicator just the same

obviously there is a differnce between just being 150lb and casually fit, vs 150 of toned muscled

if i actually started working out and running crazy laps i would drop down to 140 before i would start gaining muscle mass.

03-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
consuming food is an addiction

as a person grows older, they generally do less physical activity
I use this as an excuse to golf more! I know I should be down around 180, I posted that here someplace... look up... look way up... as the friendly giant used to say!

however, I know change will not come to those who do not wish it, over the past few years I have wanted good food, drink and lazy summer days more than I wanted to play hockey and soccer...

however, almost hitting 300 scared the sh!t out of me... that is why I have lost 15 pounds in the past 2 months... I am still working on it.. hense why we decided to reply to a forum that we need to lose weight... and well it seems like good common sense that less food + more excerise = weight lose... instead of mocking us fatties... maybe provide a good meal idea for tonight...
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I use this as an excuse to golf more! I know I should be down around 180, I posted that here someplace... look up... look way up... as the friendly giant used to say!

however, I know change will not come to those who do not wish it, over the past few years I have wanted good food, drink and lazy summer days more than I wanted to play hockey and soccer...

however, almost hitting 300 scared the sh!t out of me... that is why I have lost 15 pounds in the past 2 months... I am still working on it.. hense why we decided to reply to a forum that we need to lose weight... and well it seems like good common sense that less food + more excerise = weight lose... instead of mocking us fatties... maybe provide a good meal idea for tonight...
half a cup of cooked rice, can of tuna, litte bit of soya sauce, mix that shit up

and a glass of water if you dont happen to chew enough..

:/

also try cutting coffee and ALL pop drinks out of your died and replace with... WATER!
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ultra skinny?

my BMI is 21, i'm right in the middle of whats defined as being healthy

i can lift more than my own weight, and i have enough stamina to play through a game of ball hockey while taking and delivering hits from guys 50 pounds over me.

eat something? how about you eat LESS, and get it into your head that you are in fact over weight.
BMI is a giant joke. Wii Fit tries to tell me I'm supposed to weigh 160 pounds. If I weighed that little, I'd be afraid. I wouldn't mind dropping down to 200 or so. Since I'm perfectly healthy now at 255, I assume I'd be the master of health at 200. I bet I could outlive everyone in this thread

As icywarm pointed out, weight is relative to where you live. If you lived elsewhere, you might be considered "average", but among us North American fatties, you're considered thin. Just go to your local WalMart and see for yourself.

03-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
As icywarm pointed out, weight is relative to where you live. If you lived elsewhere, you might be considered "average", but among us North American fatties, you're considered thin. Just go to your local WalMart and see for yourself.
No, weight is relative to your heart and bodily organ function.

being BIG is bad no matter how you spin it.
03-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
Veteran Member

half a cup of cooked rice, can of tuna, litte bit of soya sauce, mix that shit up

and a glass of water if you dont happen to chew enough..

:/

also try cutting coffee and ALL pop drinks out of your died and replace with... WATER!
That sounds good, close to what I am eating, but I don't like canned tuna, give me a little wild tuna steak any day!

I am bbq a 3 OZ filet of salmon, and a side cuscus with a pepper and mixed greens salad. No wine tonight, I have to ref a hockey game... so likely a glass of milk...

I know pop is HUGE (no pun intended) and I have been cutting back coffee... but it is no cals, so I don't feel too bad about it...
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No, weight is relative to your heart and bodily organ function.

being BIG is bad no matter how you spin it.
ok, then my heart is in perfect shape. I have a resting heart rate of 59 bpm, a peak heart rate of over 180 bpm, and I can maintain 150 bpm for over 2 hours straight without feeling any undue discomfort.

Meanwhile, my blood pressure is 125/78 at rest.

All at 6'1" and 255 pounds.

I must be thin!!!
03-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Veteran Member

That sounds good, close to what I am eating, but I don't like canned tuna, give me a little wild tuna steak any day!

I am bbq a 3 OZ filet of salmon, and a side cuscus with a pepper and mixed greens salad. No wine tonight, I have to ref a hockey game... so likely a glass of milk...

I know pop is HUGE (no pun intended) and I have been cutting back coffee... but it is no cals, so I don't feel too bad about it...
thing about tuna is too much will kill you (mercury poisoning) so one should ration its intake, otherwise its delicious.

as for meat, you are best of cooking your meat rather than grilling it. I cant remember where i read it, but charred meat is not healthy (even though it tastes like heaven). So best to either roast or cook(boil) your meats.

I have been off Milk for 4 years now and i forgot what its like to have a stomach ache.

coffee is not just about the callories, it dehydrates your system and jacks up your nervous system... a warm cup of water will have the same effect as a cup of coffee at waking you up..

having said that i'll admit i'm not an expert on the matter, but i have been much more attentive to what i eat ever since i moved out, and i try to make my own food or eat at places where i see my food being prepared (like those sandwich and salad places).. and even then i'm often very skeptical.

Also.. sex and kissing burns a ton of callories.. so dont forget to toss around in the sack once in awhile :/
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
ok, then my heart is in perfect shape. I have a resting heart rate of 59 bpm, a peak heart rate of over 180 bpm, and I can maintain 150 bpm for over 2 hours straight without feeling any undue discomfort.

Meanwhile, my blood pressure is 125/78 at rest.

All at 6'1" and 255 pounds.

I must be thin!!!
given your description you would be classified as a "big fella", but in no ways "fat"

likewise i'm not going to deny that i'm thin, but the "ultra skinny" title should be reserved for those crack heads down the street.
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Also.. sex and kissing burns a ton of callories.. so dont forget to toss around in the sack once in awhile :/
Unless there is whip cream involved
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
Veteran Member

03-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Unless there is whip cream involved
whatever tickles your pickle