Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
And that's how the logical conclusion (of not participating in loaded arguments) is ignored. This must be theological. I think I'm getting the hang of it. If it doesn't make any sense, then it makes sense. Uhm, no, I still don't get it.
You can let us know when all the answers and definitive proof to the existence of the universe comes, and you know all there is to know in this world.

I'm sure we'd all like to hear it and finally do away with this God thing once and for all.

---------- Post added 03-15-2010 at 06:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Let us know when Dr. Jonathan Sarfati gets this "scientific" evidence published elsewhere than on creation.com - for example, in an actual scientific peer-reviewed journal. Because, you see, science is not about some guy publishing a paper on the site of agenda-driven hard-lined theologic fanatics. Look at what papers Dr. Sarfati did get published - none have anything to do with debunking evolution - it's not like his actual scientific contributions are being ignored - this is just not one of them.
Yeah, like his work is going to appear in the latest edition of Nature or Cell. You're expecting evidence contradicting evolution as a credible explanation to the the universe's origin to make its way to peer-reviewed scientific journals? You'd be waiting a while...

In the meantime, there are these best sellers on the topic:
Lee Strobel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amazon.com: Can Man Live without God (9780849939433): Ravi Zacharias: Books
Amazon.com: Beyond Opinion: Living the Faith We Defend (9780849919688): Ravi Zacharias: Books

And peer-reviewed articles from this group:
Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

And these journals...
Journals and Magazines in Creation Science

... the list can go on for as long as you're asking for more evidence, but how does this change your perception? I'm thinking hardly at all. That's why I say it's fruitless going any further...

Peace.

Last edited by Ash; 03-15-2010 at 01:55 AM.
03-15-2010, 02:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You can let us know when all the answers and definitive proof to the existence of the universe comes, and you know all there is to know in this world.

I'm sure we'd all like to hear it and finally do away with this God thing once and for all.
Ash,
is this what you believe? Really? - that science's purpose and claim to authority is to explain "all the answers and definitive proof to the existence of the universe"?

If you do it's clear to me you and I are talking about two different sciences.
03-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm quite aware of the purpose of science, wildman - plenty of experience in my time in this field.
I know science couldn't do that, hence my rhetorical tongue-in-cheek remark.

Whatever science deciphers in this topic, assumptions and suppositions abound in order for the theories to hold. Good for exercising the mind and broadening horizons, but wishful speculations are about the limit of these theoretical propositions.
03-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

---------- Post added 03-15-2010 at 06:52 PM ----------

Yeah, like his work is going to appear in the latest edition of Nature or Cell. You're expecting evidence contradicting evolution as a credible explanation to the the universe's origin to make its way to peer-reviewed scientific journals? You'd be waiting a while...

In the meantime, there are these best sellers on the topic:
Lee Strobel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amazon.com: Can Man Live without God (9780849939433): Ravi Zacharias: Books
Amazon.com: Beyond Opinion: Living the Faith We Defend (9780849919688): Ravi Zacharias: Books

And peer-reviewed articles from this group:
Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

And these journals...
Journals and Magazines in Creation Science

... the list can go on for as long as you're asking for more evidence, but how does this change your perception? I'm thinking hardly at all. That's why I say it's fruitless going any further...

Peace.

Hey, I'm just a simple minded plumber, I don't need to know all the answers in the universe, just how it was that these "brilliant evolutionary scientists" mistook a lizard for the "Missing Link"? It appears that no one in the evolutionary camp wants to address this? To my way of thinking it rates up there with "Flat World" and "Sun around Earth".......some more of the brilliant work of "Scientists". If scientists spent a little more time in their field of study, and a little less time trying to prove there is no God, they might actually do something like curing cancer.......but heck, what is the importance in that?
Regards!
Regards!

03-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #20
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey, I'm just a simple minded plumber, I don't need to know all the answers in the universe, just how it was that these "brilliant evolutionary scientists" mistook a lizard for the "Missing Link"? It appears that no one in the evolutionary camp wants to address this? To my way of thinking it rates up there with "Flat World" and "Sun around Earth".......some more of the brilliant work of "Scientists". If scientists spent a little more time in their field of study, and a little less time trying to prove there is no God, they might actually do something like curing cancer.......but heck, what is the importance in that?
Regards!
Regards!
Yeah kind of like what happened with those climategate numbers. If the figures don't match make them up.
03-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Wait, which god are we talking about here? The Christian one, the Muslim one, the Jewish one, the myriad Hindu ones, the Ancient Greek/Roman ones, the Viking ones, the...

QuoteQuote:
Let us know when they finish updating the Bible.
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Wait, which god are we talking about here? The Christian one, the Muslim one, the Jewish one, the myriad Hindu ones, the Ancient Greek/Roman ones, the Viking ones, the...

Let us know when they finish updating the Bible.

I'll give you that update when you give me my Lizard story....I keep waiting but it never comes.....maybe your scientists wrote a new theory as to why they mistook a lizard for the"Missing Link"........had it all ready to publish, and the dog ate it?
Regards!

03-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Regards!
Regards!
Enough with that lizard already. The idea of the "Missing Link" is so two-centuries ago - except in certain popular entertainments. As far as the other stuff, there's hot air coming out of all openings on that one - consider the Christian Church insisted on Flat Earth and Universe Revolves Around the Earth, to the degree that anyone saying anything different was due for excommunication, imprisionment, torture and death. Bringing these items up like a repeated belch from rancid fat, you are only supporting the positition seemingly opposite of the one you seem to be arguing. Which probably is the case.

As to the idea that 'theory' is at best a 'story' or 'myth', on the level of other stories and myths, there is something to that. For on a metaphysical level, the approach to existence science typically takes is a reductionist-materialist one...

However, I'm continually amazed at how medical science can convince or persuade microbes and cells to agree to follow a mythical theory... when said microbes and antigens and such are only scientific inventions, made up to shore up an arbitrary idea, and one that will no doubt change each week (which probably is more often than you change your underwear...)

... what is the theological reason for cancer, by the way? What does the bible say about it, and about modern medicine in general? Is the bible pro or con the medical insurance reform bill currently being discussed?
03-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Better yet, where did it doesn't matter come from?
Liberals.
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Enough with that lizard already. The idea of the "Missing Link" is so two-centuries ago - except in certain popular entertainments. As far as the other stuff, there's hot air coming out of all openings on that one - consider the Christian Church insisted on Flat Earth and Universe Revolves Around the Earth, to the degree that anyone saying anything different was due for excommunication, imprisionment, torture and death. Bringing these items up like a repeated belch from rancid fat, you are only supporting the positition seemingly opposite of the one you seem to be arguing. Which probably is the case.

As to the idea that 'theory' is at best a 'story' or 'myth', on the level of other stories and myths, there is something to that. For on a metaphysical level, the approach to existence science typically takes is a reductionist-materialist one...

However, I'm continually amazed at how medical science can convince or persuade microbes and cells to agree to follow a mythical theory... when said microbes and antigens and such are only scientific inventions, made up to shore up an arbitrary idea, and one that will no doubt change each week (which probably is more often than you change your underwear...)

... what is the theological reason for cancer, by the way? What does the bible say about it, and about modern medicine in general? Is the bible pro or con the medical insurance reform bill currently being discussed?

Well, the excitement by your top evolutionary scientists over that lizard was not two centuries ago, it was a couple of three weeks ago and there was much in publication concerning both their excitement and their embarrassment when it turned out to be an ignorant mistake. Now you want us to forget it and "go on" as if it never happened.......how convenient for you.

You made my point better than I ever could about the Churches, flat earth, and rancid fat......It was the Churches listening to your "Scientists" that caused them to be so wrong all those years ago, and unlike you, they learned that "Scientists" sell a lot of rancid fat, and then go into denial.

Disease and death originate in Sin! Life originates in Jesus. Read all about it......it is better than a fictional lizard.
Regards!
03-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Good luck on your quest, LC. You can type your fingers to the bone before you'll convince certain folks that evolution is real. They will never accept it because it's not in their Book...

Jim
03-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #27
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Good luck on your quest, LC. You can type your fingers to the bone before you'll convince certain folks that evolution is real. They will never accept it because it's not in their Book...

Jim
We'll never except it, because it's not real. The devil has you folks by the tail, so to speak.

Don't worry though. I won't say "I told you so" when you find out how wrong and deceived you were. One thing I am sure of. There will be a judgment day.
03-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
We'll never except it, because it's not real. The devil has you folks by the tail, so to speak.

Don't worry though. I won't say "I told you so" when you find out how wrong and deceived you were. One thing I am sure of. There will be a judgment day.
Yadda yadda yadda, same old stuff all over again. WHATEVER.
03-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yadda yadda yadda, same old stuff all over again. WHATEVER.
I'm still waiting....about the lizard? Same old denial all over again? When you guys get cornered you yell out "unfair". Well, put up or shut up.
Regards!
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #30
Pentaxian

I'm still waiting....about the lizard? Same old denial all over again? When you guys get cornered you yell out "unfair". Well, put up or shut up.
Regards!
You don't see me denying it. Someone made a claim, it was wrong. It's been corrected by lots of others saying so. THAT IS HOW SCIENCE WORKS. Evolution exists. There is a lot of argument about it in the biology community, but the arguments are quibbling over HOW it works, NOT whether it exists.

But, you won't care. You will continue to think that the Missing Link claim somehow invalidates tens of thousands of other observations and relationships tying species together. You will continue to ignore anything that might put you on hte same plane as Festus, as just another species of critter on this planet.

So, You may now have the last word. I'm sure it will be some sort of ridiculing, condescending sneer at science and those who practice it. So go ahead, feel free.

Jim
Closed Thread