Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gotta Brag , We're going to the State Finals

My kids are members of the local Middle School / FFA "Hunters Safety Team". The older boy was chosen to compete in the shotgun (trap) and hunters skills ( part written test and part orienteering) divisions. The team came in second overall in yesterday's regional competition and scored high enough to be invited to the State Championships!
I've been one of the Moms & Dads who have been helping with practices , equiptment and coaching so I have to say I'm really proud of all the kids on the team including the ones who didn't get to compete but went anyhow to lend their support and especially one young man who shot a perfect round of trap!
Just to clarify , the teams competed in 4 disciplines : Shotgun , 22Cal. Rifle , Archery and Hunters Skills.

Last edited by seacapt; 03-14-2010 at 08:31 PM.
03-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, so you're a happy camper. Now post some pics of the events to make the rest of us happy campers. .....and congratulations.
03-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That' a big deal congratulations and best of luck in the finals and yes let's see some pics.
03-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Ok, so you're a happy camper. Now post some pics of the events to make the rest of us happy campers. .....and congratulations.
Will do just need to get unpacked , settle in , dump the cards etc.

03-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to your kids and the team! I think as parents, we get just as excited as the kids when they do well. Good luck!
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
My kids are members of the local Middle School / FFA "Hunters Safety Team". The older boy was chosen to compete in the shotgun (trap) and hunters skills ( part written test and part orienteering) divisions. The team came in second overall in yesterday's regional competition and scored high enough to be invited to the State Championships!
I've been one of the Moms & Dads who have been helping with practices , equiptment and coaching so I have to say I'm really proud of all the kids on the team including the ones who didn't get to compete but went anyhow to lend their support and especially one young man who shot a perfect round of trap!
Just to clarify , the teams competed in 4 disciplines : Shotgun , 22Cal. Rifle , Archery and Hunters Skills.
No sniper training?

Congrats.
03-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
No sniper training?

No but as another one of the parents said to me " if these kids ever go hungry , it wont be because we didn't teach them how to hunt , fish and garden".

03-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It rained for 2 days before the competition so we spent our time slogging around in mud. The kids didn't mind and most of the parents wore sensible shoes (mud boots).
These pics are by no means works of art , just a few right out of the camera on my first card . It's going to take a while to go through them all and print the best ones for the parents and coaches.
Thanks for all the well wishes!

Last edited by seacapt; 03-26-2010 at 10:00 AM.