Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #31
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It all reminds me that I need a new coffee cup......like the one on my friends office desk that says...."I SEE DUMB PEOPLE"
Regards

03-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by matiki Quote
Indeed. The greatest threat known to humanity.

It's been known to be fatal in sufficient quantities.
By the way, that was the first I'd read of single-sided surfaces and zero-volume containers. Quite cool when you think about them.

In my line of work, whenever someone asks how something can be lifted into place or supported without any visible means of providing access for a crane or hoist the default answer has always been "Sky Hook". And then one day...

Boeing: Boeing Teams With Canadian Firm to Build Heavy-Lift Rotorcraft
03-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
No! It's the Russians!

*looks at Gooshin*

Wait.

Shit.
too late for you

MUHAHAHAHA

*shifty eyes*
03-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #34
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
Right you are, I guess. It does have just one "O". I've always battled the instinct to refer to it as hydrogen dioxide but, good gravy, I've no idea what that would be. My brother is the chemist in the family so I've always stayed as far from the study as I could manage.

As for unexpected airplanes passing overhead I now have the urge to keep an eye turned skyward. Just because you're paranoid because you believe the black helicopters are following you doesn't mean they aren't actually following you.
Well hydrogen dioxide H2O2 is actually hydrogen peroxide. Sometimes call oxygenated water. When power goes out I pour some into my fish tanks to add O2 to it. Breaks down to water with an ion of oxygen. Works great.

03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
Inactive Account

The notorious gov't sprayed yellow rain is back maybe?

Yellow rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
03-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

It's probably Harper and his band of mental rejects removing the possibility of another referendum on separation.
03-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
too late for you

MUHAHAHAHA

*shifty eyes*
Quick! Distract him!

Look! Vodka! Caviar! Borscht! Overly-long novel!

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
In my line of work, whenever someone asks how something can be lifted into place or supported without any visible means of providing access for a crane or hoist the default answer has always been "Sky Hook".[/url]
You have to assemble those with a left-handed screwdriver and paint them with striped paint, right? And keep them lubed with elbow grease?

03-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #38
Pentaxian

They're taking over! I just looked outside and the whole sky is a big grey contrail from horizon to horizon!
03-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #39
Veteran Member

i guess this was before my time.. lol

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBp2vodDTk[/yt]
03-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #40

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i guess this was before my time.. lol

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBp2vodDTk[/yt]

I remember this one, it was hilarious...very funny. Another good one was '1941' , in this case it was the Japs who were invading.

Well, things look okay here now. Last couple of days I saw only two or three planes which is normal around here. Next time I see 40-50 planes appears out of nowhere, I'll probably start shooting at them

regards
cj
03-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #41
Inactive Account

I saw a C-17 on Monday, which had obviously taken off from Tamworth airport. That was pretty cool. Didn't think we had those yet, and didn't hear anything about it on the local news, which was weird.
03-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #42
Inactive Account

Just because something looks unnatural to you, it doesn't mean that it is.
You probably live in an area with high amounts of air traffic. Those "chemtrails" look exactly like ones I have seen thousands of times, over many different locales.

QuoteOriginally posted by artistcjconrad Quote
But, five planes side by side? If I saw one plane leaving those trails, I would not think twice about it. Did you ever see five commercial planes flying side by side?Five planes together is not a normal scenario and that's what made me think about chemtrail. You had to see those with your own eyes to understand how unnatural they looked, I've never seen anything like this before. Also, planes fly from different direction. All those planes were flying from east to west, covering couple of miles north to south.

regards
cj
03-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #43
Veteran Member

The Matrix has you...

No, but seriously, check out Wikipedia. There are different drivers for the formation of contrails. If warranted, I'm sure one could easily find a more scientific source:

Contrail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: Michael's comments on the previous page are the more common (and science-based) concerns: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/957910-post29.html

Last edited by user440; 03-19-2010 at 03:47 AM.
03-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #44
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

If you want to be worried about "mystery gasses" in the atmosphere, why not concern yourself with all those diesel cars and trucks out there that you often get behind and are almost suffocated by the vapors. Then do some research on diesel fumes.....some of the most carcinogenic toxins on earth, almost guaranteed to kill. Check it out! In the top ten of all cancer causing substances....
Regards!