Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

What images can you see right now?

I assume you are sitting or laying down, at a computer. You may or may not be in the usual place where you use a computer. What images can you see RIGHT NOW?

For instance, I am at the desk in my 'office' (extra bedroom) next to an outside window. The walls are lined with bookshelves. Leaning against some books are framed "rogue's gallery" photos of family, friends, pets, a burning chair, the Whole Earth. Above the shelves are many framed pictures. Some are various paintings and drawings by family. I have large signed prints by S.Mouse, C.Schultz, R.Crumb; an 1880 German litho ('after Raphael') of Sancta Caecilia; a black-ink wash of a moonlit tropical beach; various sketches, some colored.

There are a few B&W photos I took in Germany, 1975, of fellow troops, and street scenes (one hand-colored); a B&W photo of a Mexican adobe; an art student's photo-text collage; a water-color of an historic steam train ('The Slim Princess'); a large painting of Mt Tamalpais, north of San Francisco; a friend's pen & ink emulation of Ralph Steadman; a cheap print of Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe; some small Currier & Ives prints; some small wildlife and landscape photos.

When the door is open, I look out into the main room. Just outside my door are three photos by Jerry Uelsmann. Beyond are a large oil painting of Native American women wearing Navaho jewelry and holding Acoma pottery, and smaller paintings of Palm Canyon. A few moderate paintings of Guatemalan village life. And, although they're not quite pictures, we've hung some Navaho weavings.

If I walk to the door, I see more -- but that would be cheating. What do YOU see?

03-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am sitting in my office at work and I see 4 blank walls and 6 big blue bins that need to be unpacked. My company moved this past weekend, and I was in training the past 3 days, so my stuff hasn't been put away. Good thing I "purged" a ton of stuff before the move or I would have 10 bins to unpack.
03-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
well, my current computer wallpaper images (3 machines, 5 monitors...) are (1) the famous "Earthrise" photo, (2) a tiled version of the Time Lords "Seal of Gallifrey", and (3) a photo of some colleagues in the USGS atop a peak in Montana (taken by one of my amigos on their hike). Then there's the photo of the Great Smokies National Park (not one of mine), a demotivational poster from Despair, Inc. - Creators of Demotivators® Posters, Calendar, Coffee Mugs, Apparel and More, 3 of my own photos from Montana, Colorado, and Washington state, and a 3x5' AVHRR mosaic satellite-imagery map of the Continental USA. Plus assorted humourous postcards, Dilbert cartoons, and "stuff" that has accumulated on my bulletin boards over the years...

Jim
06-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
BUMP.

Voices in my head tell me to revive this thread. I always listen to my voices. Anyway, my wall decorations haven't changed, except for a signed page by Larry Todd (DOCTOR ATOMIC ON THE MOON!) and a large watercolor of yachts off Santa Catalina Island.

So, when you look up from your keyboard RIGHT NOW, what images do you see hanging around?

06-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Three Harold Collins prints on two walls and a bikini pin up I put up to aggravate the wife.
06-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #6

I see a shelf with my collection of Polaroid cameras, a Kodak brownie, Ansco Cadet, some records, photo albums and other various nick-nacks. To my left I see my Doberman sitting on the top of our couch like a cat, looking out the windows, waiting for my boyfriend to get home.
06-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sitting here at the Family computer in the living room.........
Assorted pics of Son and grandson, several from Disney Vacations.
B&W of Windsor Ruins.
B&W of an interesting stump at Pensacola Beach.
B&W of the King Edward Hotel and Peoples Cafe.
Color but looks B&W of a Foggy Sunrise at Crystal Lake.
Sepia of Winter Sky's at Natchez State Park.

Looking through the doorway of to one Hall, a Tibetan Mask to scare off evil spirits.
Through the other doorway, a water color painting from a Memphis Artist.

Turning around and looking into the Dining Room, several Family Images and collages of same.

Excluding the Mask and Water color, They're Mine

06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Pentaxian

We have canvas prints we haven't sold at shows on the walls around us, with the plastic bubble wrap still on the corners, waiting to be packed up for the next show.. Right in front of me is my favourite winter scene, it was damaged and I can't sell it, but it looks great on my wall. The damage really isn't noticeable until you look at it really closely. From 3 feet, I'll never see it. We took the bubble wrap off the corners.
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

A panoramic view of Hong Kong harbour and Kowloon.

Plus a very tilted-horizon framed photo of myself and 2 of my best friends on a boat during the dragonboat races, with our then girlfriends. It must have been about 12 years ago. We all married those girlfriends since and have all remained excellent friends :-)