Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do they have cup noodles where you live? Best stuff ever. I bet you'll get by 60 euros a month on those plus have a couple bucks leftover to save up for other things like books. Just buy different flavors and different kinds so you won't ever get sick of them.

03-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You mean like ramen noodles? I loved those things, lived on them throughout high school.
03-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Eugene, here's what you do. Move to the U.S.; California specifically. Don't do it legally, sneak in. Make sure that no one knows you speak English, get married (preferably to another illegal) and have 8-10 kids. If you stick to the plan, you'll be financially secure. It is absolutely critical that you maintain your illegal immigrant, er, "undocumented alien" status and that you don't do anything crazy like getting a job and becoming a productive, tax paying member of society or you will loose most of your benefits.
03-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
GoremanX

Happy man.

QuoteQuote:
ramen noodles
Sometimes they're good, but if you gonna live on them, you will become like them. it is called a half liquid condition.

QuoteQuote:
Move to the U.S
Whaa??? The core of stupidity? Naah... I'm russian you people think that we sleep with AK-47's, have a big red stars on our toruses, and a big stupid hats, that we speak with stupid accent. And of course the bears, mafia & vodka is our best friends.

03-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
.........you people think that we sleep with AK-47's, have a big red stars on our toruses, and a big stupid hats, that we speak with stupid accent. And of course the bears, mafia & vodka is our best friends.
Oh, c'mon. I don't believe any of that......... well, maybe the big stupid hat part.
03-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
Whaa??? The core of stupidity? Naah... I'm russian you people think that we sleep with AK-47's, have a big red stars on our toruses, and a big stupid hats, that we speak with stupid accent. And of course the bears, mafia & vodka is our best friends.
That's ok, they think we Canadians live in perpetual winter, have igloos for houses, and eat baby seal all day. Little do they know, my igloo has high speed Internet! And ice is a wonderful insulating material.

On the other hand, I wouldn't ever call America "the core of stupidity". It's a bit insulting towards about 300 million people, and a lot of those 300 million people are a heck of a lot smarter than I'll ever be.
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, i know. That's normal. And i some guy from yurop.

Of course not all the Americans are a stupid, I'm not telling that. But there is a good Russian proverb that is perfectly fits here - A one nasty sheep will spoil all the herd.
Avery similar to your's - One rotten apple will spoil a whole barrel.

There is always some good and some bad people in any nationality.

So, thanks everyone for a good sense of humor. Hope that this topic will not die soon.

Now i have to get some sleep. GN

03-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #23
Veteran Member

That's an awesome map
03-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #24
Inactive Account

And i'm sitting in my back yard with a Fosters watching Skippy the bush kangaroo frolick about.
03-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
And i'm sitting in my back yard with a Fosters watching Skippy the bush kangaroo frolick about.
SKIPPY!!! Woohoo! I miss Skippy the Kangaroo! He was so awesome.

Of course, I bet the only people who know Skippy are Australians and French Canadians... maybe the French too (the French version of the show had to come from somewhere, I guess). Man that brings back memories...

so... you mean not every Australian ranger has a kangaroo sidekick who helps thwart poachers? There go all my ideals of Australia...
03-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
SKIPPY!!! Woohoo! I miss Skippy the Kangaroo! He was so awesome.

Of course, I bet the only people who know Skippy are Australians and French Canadians... maybe the French too (the French version of the show had to come from somewhere, I guess). Man that brings back memories...

so... you mean not every Australian ranger has a kangaroo sidekick who helps thwart poachers? There go all my ideals of Australia...
There was a French version of skippy??
I have to admit I did watch that show when I was younger...

To Eugene-S... On a more serious note you could try and come to Australia on the 1 year 'working holiday' visa. As you are young this might be easy to get (you have to be under 30 anyway). No idea about the cost though. In comparative terms you can earn a lot of money working in Australia, particularly in the mining sector...
03-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote
I think one of the international 'misconceptions' is that we drink Fosters here. I have rarely ever seen it and never really want to try it. I don't know why anyone international would want to drink it, apart from the novelty of it being 'Aussie'.

...On a side note I saw Fosters in Europe, and it was brewed under license in France
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Eugene, here's what you do. Move to the U.S.; California specifically. Don't do it legally, sneak in. Make sure that no one knows you speak English, get married (preferably to another illegal) and have 8-10 kids. If you stick to the plan, you'll be financially secure. It is absolutely critical that you maintain your illegal immigrant, er, "undocumented alien" status and that you don't do anything crazy like getting a job and becoming a productive, tax paying member of society or you will loose most of your benefits.
Yeah have to do it illegally. But pretty soon we'll be in the same condition as Eugene if this pos potus has his way.
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Let's see: GOP grabs control of the nation, finances illegal wars by credit card, hires illegal aliens for cheap sh!tty work, wrecks the economy by letting thieves guard thieves -- and then it's time to pay the bill, and it's somebody else's fault -- [multiple strong expletives deleted] -- but I digress.

No, I don't have those stereotypes of Russians. I have observed Russians in Central America. If fat foreigners dress like slobs, they're Russians or USAnians. If the fat slobs are drunk and doused in cologne, they're Russians. If they're fat but better dressed (in shorts) and carry big cameras, they're Germans. If they're thin and well-dressed and they smoke, they're French. These are generalities, of course, but they're mostly true.

Last edited by RioRico; 03-19-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling
03-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #30
wjt
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
I think one of the international 'misconceptions' is that we drink Fosters here. I have rarely ever seen it and never really want to try it. I don't know why anyone international would want to drink it, apart from the novelty of it being 'Aussie'.

...On a side note I saw Fosters in Europe, and it was brewed under license in France
First time i ever drank that swill (fosters) was in america.. we went over for my wifes family reunion and so they got a heap of fosters for the aussies, awesome . And the poms are nutty for it, the crap is on tap in every pub i went into (although they also have wine on tap). Most remarkably was in ireland, i was in a dinky little pub there was a whole table of irish lads drinking fosters, and then over the other side of the bar, little ol me trying to hurt the irish guinness supply.

I also had an in depth drunken argument with a scotsman in edinburgh who was trying to tell me that VB is the best beer in australia... but thats another story.