Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Forum Member

I'm feed up with all this...

This thread will have some about life, some about politics, some about people. Lets moderators decide where this thread has to be.

The prices in my country are going to kill me some day. Almost all of the politicians are saying to that it's all fine and normal.

The monthly salary it's astonishing, almost 250euros (I'm a millionaire dam it.). The damn unemployment... No, really.. I can't find a good job for almost a year, and working now for a humorous salary, just because i don't have any choice.

For an example: every month i have to pay for my 75m/2 apartment almost 230euros, thank god i don't live alone, but a 3/4 of my salary goes away for paying bills. So i only have left 60euros for a transport, food, and other.

I've been unemployed for about 6 months before, so I've had a unemployment grant for that time. The grant was a 50-40% (the real is 30% because of the average salary counting method, what is actually freaks me out) from my last salary, and was a 200euros.

Year ago, grant was 80%, but the politicians and analytics decided to cut off that grant for a half, and increase a unemployment tax twice. So when I've had a real need, it was cut.

It's almost impossible here.

Average prices:

Bread - 0.45euros
Chicken - 2.88euros\kg
Coffee - 2.88euro\500gramms
Public transport card - 19.17Euro\month
Gasoline (unleaded) 95 - 1.13Euro\liter
SMC FA 50mm F1,4 - 383.41Euro new

I wish to escape form here some day, but I'm trapped.

So... Does anyone sell a fast & painless poison here?

03-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Life is hard; then you die.

I grew up in California. Dropped out of high school. Hitch-hiked around, begged, lived on the streets, played (cheap) guitar and sang on streetcorners. Worked odd jobs, manual labor; no grants. Went back to school, studied electronics, got work as bicycle courier, then occasional factory work. Joined Army, photographed, survived. Went to junior college, studied botany and biology. Got ambulance job. Rented shack; grew food in yard. Wrote songs, stories, guidebook on cactus.

Got job as insurance clerk. Got computer training from insurance company; moved up to be programmer, software engineer. All this time I'm making just enough to live on. Stayed in software, got lucky, retired early. (There's more in there I left out.) Now I stay in small mountain home, or tent-camp in States, or travel in Mexico and Guatemala because that's what I can afford.

My point? Opportunities don't fall into your lap. You must work for them. If there's no work where you are, go somewhere else. Don't depend on grants. Try many things. Fail many times. F*ck-up a lot. Read and write, sing and shout, get drunk, get sick, move on. Move on. Cast your fate to the wind.
03-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't think poison is the answer. However, I think your social situation dictates your options. Ae you married? Children? Really old?

If none of the above apply, then consider yourself completely free to do as you wish. Buy a cheap, reliable bicycle and take off somewhere. Explore the world at your leisure. Find a place where you're happier, make yourself indispensable at some task, and earn money that way. I know there are many laws regarding working in a foreign country, but these laws can be pretty vague when it comes to photography. Some places are perfect for a photographer to thrive and make a living, especially tourist places that are frequented by a bunch of stupid North Americans like me. While I'm incredibly happy in my own life, I sometimes daydream about having that kind of freedom where I can take off to explore the world with nothing but a bike and a backpack. To hell with my stuff in Canada!

Of course, if you have a wife, a child, or are really old... then that changes things. Since you have access to the Internet and a camera, I see no reason why you couldn't supplement your income that way. There are many ways for an individual to make money on the Internet, no matter what country they live in. All it takes is a little creativity. Note that I've been self-employed for over 10 years, not counting the occasional 3+ months of retail work for a change of pace once in a while.
03-18-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I do all i can. I worked as journalist in local newspaper, were a "all in one" worker on construction sites. Was a wholesales manager, a milling machines operator. Now i photograph for money if such opportunity comes, sell a HAM electronics, repair electronics, repair computers hardware & software... I catch any opportunity that comes. And i don't want any damn grants, i just want to have a good job, and live in a better place than this.

It's no use, I'm stuck here like a mouse between two huge concrete blocks, and almost squished.

Poison its just a bad joke. I'm not that stupid.

Yes, I'm married in law. Don't have any children. About that I am kind a free person. Not really old, only 23.

Last edited by Eugene-S; 03-18-2010 at 04:33 AM.
03-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Then take the wife with you and take off
03-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
By a bicycle? We gonna freeze by the way. Its - 5 in my place now, and the winter seems to be staying here for long. No.. Really

All in all i'm not that kind of people like backpackers. Always surprised to such people like them.

I'm ready to make a move, but not like that, without anything but hope.

Last edited by Eugene-S; 03-18-2010 at 04:41 AM.
03-18-2010, 04:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

well, you'll need 2 bicycles, or at least a tandem.

You can go through Latvia, Lithuania, and so on, making your way through Germany and then into France throughout the summer. Amsterdam is only a hop and a skip away after that!
03-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
well, you'll need 2 bicycles, or at least a tandem.

You can go through Latvia, Lithuania, and so on, making your way through Germany and then into France throughout the summer. Amsterdam is only a hop and a skip away after that!
Yep, through ocean on a inflatable boat, or in a shoe box? Wich to get?

Therr she blow's! .... Arr woman, where's my barrel of rum? Arrrg...

Who need a Amsterdam then? The Baltic sea is 15 minutes from me. And the ice is still there.

QuoteQuote:
Latvia, Lithuania
no....not there....never.

Man.... You people here have great scene of humor.

03-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
I wonder, in Greece and Finland people getting out on the streets with protests, but not in here...Why?
03-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Veteran Member

uh oh... are we witnessing the start of an Estonian revolution?
03-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
uh oh... are we witnessing the start of an Estonian revolution?
Yep, the IRA is back with new face You wish to help?

Estonian revolution needs you soldier!

Really i want to know a prices in your place.
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
Where is everybody now? Let's make here some type of a hate topic)
03-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
OK, so you can't do anything, and you can't go anywhere, and you can't stay where you are but you must, and now you can't get any more replies. How about if we just hate YOU?? You certainly seem to hate yourself. We'll all join the club. Bye now.
03-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for supporting.
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eugene-S Quote
I was sleeping. I have it all, a great life, plenty of spare money, and no worries. So I sleep like a baby even in the middle of the day sometimes