Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Eh, just thought I'd see what I'd find if I unignored Rupert, found you joining in the bullying in the name of 'traditional values... ' whattya want? What do I know, after all, right?

At last! Something we can agree on!
Regards!

03-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Can we agree that Glen Beck is a cartoonish, idiotic buffoon?
Or is that too civilized?
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
How dare you?!? That's offensive to cartoonish, idiotic buffoons everywhere.
03-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote

What is scary is that so many worship him as a god and follow his every command with the precision of jackbooted soldiers. The man is totally insane, but right in line with those that follow....
Regards!

03-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
What is scary is that so many worship him as a god and follow his every command with the precision of jackbooted soldiers. The man is totally insane, but right in line with those that follow....
Regards!
now hold on a second because I know its heresy to say this hear but are you a regular watcher of the show? or is your opinion based on what others have said about his views? I only ask because I watch him I dont agree with everything he says but I will admit he has made me think about somethings that he has commented on.
03-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That's because she keeps putting a "kick me" sign on her own back.
I don't imagine that it ever occurred to you that the lesson of such signs goes a little beyond 'Has back, should kick, blame kickee for having back?'

Boy?

Mr.'absolute morality?'

What if it was with yer guns? "Why'd you shoot them?" "She put an imaginary target on her back. Had to. It's her fault."

Yah. Morals.

'Too civilized?'

Not seeing it.

What would you like?

Sereiously.

Civilized? Look at your own name, Parallax. This isn't *civilized.* This is a *creche* You just want to be the big kid in the *sandbox.*

*laughing.* 'Civilized.' My Gods, man, this ain't civilized. If it were *civilized* you wouldn't be imagining 'kick me signs' that 'compel you to something. *laugh*

Civilized, he says.

ROFL.

Civilized, he says!

Bwahahaha!

Civilized. This ain't civilized, dude. This is Cromwell with Ipods. (laughing)

Civilized.
I thought that might get your attention.
03-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #37
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
now hold on a second because I know its heresy to say this hear but are you a regular watcher of the show? or is your opinion based on what others have said about his views? I only ask because I watch him I dont agree with everything he says but I will admit he has made me think about somethings that he has commented on.
The problem with people like Glen and Rush and the rest of the pundits is they are mostly correct in their observations and the lefties hate that.

Personally I don't listen to either of them. I do however like O'Reilly and Hannity.

---------- Post added 03-23-2010 at 08:18 AM ----------

I suspect it has to do with this forum being purposed for it?

I just unignored Rupert, and it appears he's saying the same 'uncivilized' things about me that he was several months ago. Graphics had already had his 'second chance, so who knows what he's saying.

I think it's defintely a better situation in some respects: before, it seemed that every thread was a pretext for Obama-hate and the like.
Yeah I made the mistake of offering you a day of shooting (camera not gun) and my homemade cannoli and that was my second chance. Hey I tried burying the hatchet. And not in your back. But alas you refused. I ate the cannoli. It was good. I went and took pictures. They were great. Your loss.

03-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Oh yes, I have watched him many times. I like to keep up with the meltdown of the GOP and often listen to Rush and the other sicko perverts of the right. It's like taking the blood pressure of a dying patient and watching them slowly implode. Glenn Beck is a sick perverted soul that uses his "base" to make truckloads of cash....just like the phony evangelists that rob old ladies of their life savings......."to save them".
The fact that he "gets something right" once in a while does not eradicate his main goal which is to stir up bitter hatred and divisiveness between Americans for his own personal financial gain. Same with Rush....if they could gain more followers and make more cash as Democrats, they would not hesitate to make the switch today. These are some of the sickest people in the world, and anyone that buys their disgusting filth is every bit as sick as they are. As a rule, I find Republicans in general as mean spirited and angry people, angry that America has moved on and left their ancient ideas of racism and bigotry, class dominance, and white supremacy behind. They may never change, but America already has, and we will move on without them. in some future here, they will only be a bad memory, right now they are just a bad presence, and shrinking every day.
Best Regards!
03-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #39
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Evening Rat. Doing OK tonight? Just got done with work , checked in here and was kinda confused by your previous post. Now I'm even more confused.
That's the natural progression of an RML posting.
03-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #40
Veteran Member

If you check out the thread where I caught her in a bold faced lie, you might see that the confusion in her posts may indeed be to hide that she can't remember the old lies from the new, so has to ramble long enough to make it all so confusing that it makes no sense at all.......if so, she is an expert at it.
My Grandmother used to say that the Devil was the author of confusion......of course, she didn't know the Ratlady.
Regards!
03-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That was a joke about people speaking coarsely wearing T-shirts saying I ought to obey 'Biblical values.'

Would you like to start over, Seacapt?

*offering hand.* Hi. They call me RML around here, sometimes, 'Ratlady.' How ya doing?
Mornin' Rat, Well I do speak corsely at times and am definitately most comfortable in T-shirts but as far as the Biblical Values stuff goes ..... Thats up to you.
It is possible to disagree and maintain a level of civility.
So how ya doing today?
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Mornin' Rat, Well I do speak corsely at times and am definitately most comfortable in T-shirts but as far as the Biblical Values stuff goes ..... Thats up to you.
It is possible to disagree and maintain a level of civility.
So how ya doing today?
Ah, not so bad. I see Rupert's left another pile of BS for me this morning, (No, Rupert, you didn't 'catch me in a lie' on some other thread, (Hey, Rupert, on that 'other thread,' I showed how you were making two contradictory claims about me. That feeling of confusion you were getting doesn't mean 'RML is lying,' ...it means "Rupert potentially realizing he's *wrong.*" There's no 'paradox' to what I say if you aren't trying to prove your further belief 'RML must be lying' If I'm telling the truth, it certainly fits together just fine. I can be criticizing *your* claims about me without trying to 'convert ' you, and that would account for me not naming my own specific beliefs just fine. It's your *claims* which are inconsistent with each other.)

Anyway, Seacapt. I do agree that we can have disagreement with civility: in fact, that's kind of the point of this pluralistic American system. Too many of the 'Biblical values' crowd seek to *undermine* that civility, either by enforcing their ways on others, or trying to make the country ungovernable where they can't in the process.

The boorish and hateful behavior we see from these types certainly doesn't speak well of the 'values' they keep trying to enforce on others (And, yeah, it's ironic that the T-shirt wearing would 'traditionally' be considered 'indecent,' ...walking around in underwear, in fact. Not that I think there's anything inherently *wrong* with T-shirts, it's just ironic. ) Certainly, if you think I'm just supposed to 'choose a traditional lifestyle,' such abusive treatment in public and coercive treatment via government wouldn't make such a 'choice' very attractive, wouldn't you think?

You know, I'm supposed to live in denial of my own nature, desert my beloved partner of some eight years, lie about myself and *marry that abuse?* Seriously? (No wonder divorce rates are actually highest among conservative Evangelicals, I say,) ... I'm supposed to accept oppression, second-class status, and abusive defamations for the comfort of some blustering bigots?

These kinds of things are what *deny* us a civil discourse, never mind a civil society. The Right always treats people like me as some kind of 'zero sum' game: anything that hurts us is treated as good and necessary, whatever it is, anything that fails to harm us is seen as a loss for 'Christianity.' That's not a civil disagreement, that's organized oppression.

Certain Christians believe that something is being *taken from them* if others have simple *equality.* Think there's some kind of balance between their 'being offended if I have to look at you subhumans' ...and the brutalities and privations and injustices they want to use the government to validate, impose, and preserve.

The anger and frustration out there has its basis in the Right's own false promises, not the existence of civil rights or gay people or liberals or non-Christians, or science... and if 'you' got your way, it wouldn't make a single practical thing any better for the nation. The coarse and spurious attacks on those considered 'other' are simple *scapegoating.* Wedges used to prevent *we the people* from getting together, laying out some goals and our desires for a just and peaceful society, setting aside the ideological and cultural 'wars' and seeing what we can *make* out of what we've *got.*

We like a certain amount of capitalism, for instance. I like some capitalism just fine: but it won't *be* a capitalist democracy if *we, the people* don't have much of the *capital.* What we've got in the guise of 'free market capitalism' isn't a *free* market, it's a *plutocracy.* What we, the people, have, mostly, is *debt.* Even if we have a little pile of our own, it's not enough to 'compete' with big business, often enough. Big Business doesn't need to keep taking more and more as though it already owns an increasing share of our labors, whether directly or through taking most of those 'taxes' conservatives hate so much.... and using it to undermine our future and our own civil rights and human dignities.

Every year we let ourselves be divided by this incivility and denial and all, is another year someone is laughing all the way to the bank, and pointing at someone like my family, saying, 'Take it out on them.'

This mocking and abuse of the sick, of our black Congressmen, our gay ones... Our President, even.... Is symptomatic of these very same incivilities we see here. How I've been treated by certain people, invariably with certain Christianist ideologies, as soon as I stand up and say, 'Hey, you're premising a lot of human suffering on being *wrong* about an awful lot of people.'

Can't help but notice just how quickly certain people will make it their personal business to bully and defame, whatever the issue.... if they think they can get away with it. That's not helping anyone or anything, and what's more, if it can be done to me, ...next time they might turn around and do it to *you.* It could already be being done to someone you love, and probably is, actually.

This is why civility is important. Even simple *manners...* and by this I don't mean mere inhibition or genuflecture to hangups, but rather, real human respect... For each other as human beings and as free citizens. We won't get far with a representative form of government if we're so easily turned against each other.

There's a lot of people out here who are not only suffering from injustice and related damage *for no rational reason,* ...but who also are unable to contribute fully to society ...just for someone else's sense of religious comfort and supremacy.

As a nation, we simply can't afford to keep doing this: there are real problems that need addressing, and civility, equality, and justice should really be a no-brainer by now. It's wasteful. Of people, and of the diversity which is actually one of our nation's great strengths, not the liability some feel they can 'banish' through repression. Or shouting and 'praying' for real people to 'go away,' accept demonization, marginalization, disenfranchisement, and injustice in our own country.

Saying 'I religiously believe that you are horrible people who do horrible things' ...simply doesn't make these things *true* or give one the right to harm or defame others. It doesn't constitute reason or the rule of law or any of the good stuff we're supposed to enjoy here in the United States of America.

We seem to hear the same things from the same kinds of people every time a historically-marginalized minority has its turn to stand up as free and equal citizens under the promise of America. We don't *have* to go through it every darn time.

There are ways in which our nation and our world are clearly in desperate need of *healing,* not more 'war.' The faces change, but the attacks on our human equality and democracy itself... Don't. Neither does the *equality.* If we forsake progress on these American ideals, there's pretty much only one other way to go, and where that leads is never pretty.

So, civility.

Sorry bout the yet-another-lecture.
03-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #43
Veteran Member

This is why civility is important. Even simple *manners...* and by this I don't mean mere inhibition or genuflecture to hangups, but rather, real human respect... For each other as human beings and as free citizens. We won't get far with a representative form of government if we're so easily turned against each other.
All I ask is that you remember this statement the next time you refer to someone that is a Republican or any Christian demonation as a "wingnut" " "moron" or an of the other comments that have been thrown about here from the Democratic leaning side of the forumn. I can tell you that I have never been meanspirited in my comments or posts but all conservatives,Republicans or anyone not agreeing with you and others all get lumped into that EVIL THEM catergory so I think there needs to be civility from both sides, here and in Washington
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #44
Veteran Member

All I ask is that you remember this statement the next time you refer to someone that is a Republican or any Christian demonation as a "wingnut" " "moron" or an of the other comments that have been thrown about here from the Democratic leaning side of the forumn. I can tell you that I have never been meanspirited in my comments or posts but all conservatives,Republicans or anyone not agreeing with you and others all get lumped into that EVIL THEM catergory so I think there needs to be civility from both sides, here and in Washington
You do realize that the world is divided into more ideologies than those of the Republicans and Democrats.

Maybe thats the issue.. Americans only think in dualities? You're either one or the other, its unpossible for one to be both a democrat AND a republican, (unless you are Canadian, i suppose)

And if you're a communist then you best not even be standing on US soil...

Moreso, if you're not a Democrat, a republican, OR a Communist, then you must really have gone of to la-la land.

How silly indeed.

Last edited by Gooshin; 03-23-2010 at 11:53 AM.
03-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #45
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
You do realize that the world is divided into more ideologies than those of the Republicans and Democrats..............
WWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTT?
Closed Thread