Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Not Registered

Thanks Damn Brit

The other thread (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/95052-why-has-damn-brit-been...moderator.html has been closed.

As you remember part of it was to thank Gary for his labor as a Moderator in this forum. Things escalated out of control in the other one. I think that it is fair to leave this one so people can drop a thanks message to Gary if they feel like he deserves it.

03-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, Damn Brit, do come back and share your wisdom with us.
03-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I honestly think things on this forum are getting out of control, nothing but negative stuff being posted. No one is even talking about photography anymore.
03-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
I honestly think things on this forum are getting out of control, nothing but negative stuff being posted. No one is even talking about photography anymore.
you are in the wrong section of the forums mate!

03-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #5

I think you are too... What section should i be in.
03-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
I think you are too... What section should i be in.
im in the section I want to be in at the moment. I cant tell you that. its your decision, but this is obviously not the section devoted to talking about photography. the "off-topic" title should be a clue.
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #7

Same here...

03-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks, Gary. Hope we see you posting regularly again soon.
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, Gary you're the best. Hope to see you again in future here or elsewhere.

Chris
03-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See you around Gary and good luck with your various endeavors.
03-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Damn Brit

First of all, a big "Thank you" to my friends, those of you who have appreciated my efforts as a moderator and those of you who might feel that I have helped your photography improve in some small way.
To those of you who don't fall into any of those groups, all I can say is "I'm only human" and "You can't win 'em all". It's inevitable that some people just won't get on.
It was also a tough balancing act to be both a moderator and a member which was sometimes the cause of minor hostililties.
I enjoyed my stint as a moderator and I'm disappointed that it had to end because I certainly wasn't tired of it.

As for recent events, you're all going to have to accept that, whatever transpired, happened because those involved had the best interests of Pentax Forums at heart. Unfortunately their were differences of opinion as to how those best interests be served and that led to myself and two other moderators (Wlank and J.Scott) concluding that we could no longer serve PF effectively as moderators.

Thank you Bill and Jeff, I enjoyed working with you.

Thanks again to the members of Pentax forums.
03-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I can still post on it. As far as I know I'm not a moderator, so I shouldn't have special privileges allowing me to I honestly wouldn't want the job, although I wouldn't mind being able to delete spam when I see it pop up..... which doesn't happen very often here.

Like the others have said Gary, thanks for putting in all the time and effort making this place better
03-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I can still post on it. As far as I know I'm not a moderator, so I shouldn't have special privileges allowing me to I honestly wouldn't want the job, although I wouldn't mind being able to delete spam when I see it pop up..... which doesn't happen very often here.

Like the others have said Gary, thanks for putting in all the time and effort making this place better
The thread was closed, then reopened, then closed and then reopened again. Another thread responding Peter was also deleted. My head is spinning a little. I am going to bed.
03-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

Same here.
03-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #15
Inactive Account

I thought you did good Gary.. real good. Very understanding, unlike wlank. The only person that could rival you for 'rare as rocking horse shit' honesty is Gooshin.

Anyway, thank you for your incredible contribution.