Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Damn Brit

Kids say the darndest things

Actually, in this case it's 'Republicans say the darndest things'

I thought it fitting that my first thread as a non moderator be here where my biggest fans hang out.

It's worth watching, even some of you conservative types should get a laugh out of sections of the video.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilG7PCV448[/yt]

03-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This video was a blast. Love how the reporter just maintains his cool, and let the dumbnuts make all the comedy :-)
03-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good Lordy! These are the people Bachman says are the best and brightest of the right! We are in serious trouble...I thought they were only here on this Forum in any real numbers....but they are loose and out on the streets of America! If Obama sees this, he will never use the word "Hope"again......
Regards!
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

I love the last frame. Made me burst out laughing. The bill will reduce the deficit mby 100 billion over the next ten years. Accurate of course since for the first 4 years they collect money yet provide no services. After that it will out of necessity skyrocket.

03-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I admit that it is sad that the people that are chosen for this video are uninformed about the actual content of the bill. You however have to admit that these videos are cut and assembled in such a way as to convey the makers political leanings. You can not accurately say that the Tea party as a "whole" is faitfully represented by the people choosen by the film maker, but it does provide a chuckle for those that already think these people are wingnuts.
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I admit that it is sad that the people that are chosen for this video are uninformed about the actual content of the bill. You however have to admit that these videos are cut and assembled in such a way as to convey the makers political leanings. You can not accurately say that the Tea party as a "whole" is faitfully represented by the people choosen by the film maker, but it does provide a chuckle for those that already think these people are wingnuts.
What's really sad is that those that voted on it don't know what's actually in it. Nor did the Big O read it before he made it a law.

But at least we can put 17000 tax cheats to work to help Tim out.
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Actually, in this case it's 'Republicans say the darndest things'

I thought it fitting that my first thread as a non moderator be here where my biggest fans hang out.

It's worth watching, even some of you conservative types should get a laugh out of sections of the video.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilG7PCV448[/yt]
Hi Gary:

That was funny and reinforces my belief that most politically-outspoken people talk out their butt.

03-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Maybe you have never been to a Tea Party? The people here are truly the best and brightest of the group.....that it is at once, funny, scary, and sad. The really bizarre ones, that portrayed Obama as an alien life form from another galaxy were edited out to prevent the producer from being sued for broken ribs!
Regards!
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe you have never been to a Tea Party? The people here are truly the best and brightest of the group.....that it is at once, funny, scary, and sad. The really bizarre ones, that portrayed Obama as an alien life form from another galaxy were edited out to prevent the producer from being sued for broken ribs!
Regards!
Rupert I say this with all due respect and love for you brother: You're a moron. Worse yet, a plumber. Worse than that overpaid. Share the wealth.
03-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Rupert I say this with all due respect and love for you brother: You're a moron. Worse yet, a plumber. Worse than that overpaid. Share the wealth.
I'm trying my best to share the wealth George! Stop fighting it, I want you to have a great life too! Being a moron has its advantages, I can always look to your buddies in this video and take comfort in knowing that they are dumber than me by a country mile! Overpaid? I haven't worked in a month George...I may need to go on welfare any day now....I think it is going to pay better than being a plumber! Isn't that exciting! You don't mind paying my salary, whether you want to or not....do you George? I'm paying for your war, and I didn't want any part of that.....
Regards!
03-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The United States of America would be a better country if more average folks of all politcal stripes spent more time and effort to accurately inform themselves about the issues they deem important. Then hopefully they would choose to form their own opinions instead of engaging in group think.
03-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
The United States of America would be a better country if more average folks of all politcal stripes spent more time and effort to accurately inform themselves about the issues they deem important. Then hopefully they would choose to form their own opinions instead of engaging in group think.
I'll second this.
03-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
I understand the sentiment here but this is a "chicken or the egg" conundrum. If you have a group of like thinkers; do they each think what they think because that's what he others in the group think or are they a group because they each happen to think the same things? Two or more people thinking the same thing does not necessarily mean they did not form those thoughts independently of each other.
03-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Yeah, ...this is a *real* problem and has been all along.

Fox News is a bad guy to a lot of the country precisely *because* people come away from it *actively disinformed,* even about the very text of things they are voting for.

Polling just keeps showing that: people who are convinced (largely by Fox News) that they need to vote or show support *one* way actually are simply factually incorrect, ...and the same polls will show that 'if' they were properly informed, they'd in fact vote the other way.

Examples include the 'opposition to the health care bill' among people who believe it does one thing, but actually support about everything *in* it. People who voted against gay marriage in California and elsewhere because they *believed* the disinformation that the laws in question would do things they explicitly did not, right there in the text of said laws.

There simply can't be much in the way of reasoned consensus when people are dealing with two separate sets of 'facts' to begin with. That's before we even *get* to opinions or ideology.

The fact is, most of this division and gridlock in our country comes *directly* from deregulation of the corporate media and removing the requirement for public service and fairness doctrines as the *rent* on that free use of the public airwaves.
03-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

Polling just keeps showing that: people who are convinced they need to vote or show support *one* way actually are simply factually incorrect, ...and the same polls will show that 'if' they were properly informed, they'd in fact vote the other way. ...................
Most polls show exactly what the entity conducting them wants them to show.