Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Camera Clubs

This may largely sum it up...

03-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've seen clubs like that.

I wonder if there are any photo clubs, and if they are do they discuss the photographs you've taken or photographs others have taken

Personally, I fit into art clubs a little better.
03-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Banned

he must be carrying a pentax.
03-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I thought a camera club was, like, a big heavy stick you use to smash cameras you don't like.

Oh yeah, same thing.

"Please accept my resignation.
I don't want to belong to any club
that will accept me as a member."
--G.Marx

03-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote

I wonder if there are any photo clubs, and if they are do they discuss the photographs you've taken or photographs others have taken
I know there is at least one, because I am a member. We meet for about an hour and a half the 3rd Monday of the month, and our "agenda" usually consists of a short demonstration, c/c (at the request of the individual) of photos brought in by various members, discussion of and planning for shooting trips (we call them a "safari"), and a general discussion of whatever you want to talk about. We have a long hallway in the main clubhouse (55+ active adult community), and club members display their handiwork along the hallway. We vote in the meetings regarding which photos to hang on the wall. They usually stay up a couple of months. We have what I call semi-professionals (held exhibitions, entered shows & won prizes), advanced amatuers, amatuers, and newbies. The demonstration at the last meeting was a "show & tell about your camera". I am the only Pentax shooter (K20D), and members were pretty interested in the Pentax. Particularly impressed with the in-body SR and the ability to use old Taks. It is a very casual club, and we enjoy each other's comments and company.