Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Surprise visit to war zone, Obama prods Afghans

I wonder if he used a cattle prod? Looking at the photo of Obama and President Hamid Karzai, Obama really has his nose in the air rather arrogant looking.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2735/4470402241_22d71d4f55_o.jpg

In a surprise visit, President Barack Obama pressed Afghan leaders on Sunday to do more to rein in rampant corruption and improve their government as he got a firsthand look at the 8-year-old war he inherited and dramatically escalated. The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan has roughly doubled in the first three months of 2010 compared to the same period last year as Washington has added tens of thousands of additional soldiers to reverse the Taliban's momentum.
Where are the libs outrage of the war? Haven't heard a peep out there except Sheehan. Bunch of hypocrites.

Obama told President Hamid Karzai and his Cabinet that they need to make more progress in fighting corruption and improving their government. I am sure that all the people who believe America should stay out of other countries business will think this is horrible. Right? Arrogant AmeriCAN.
The only thing that is missing is that Obama is not wearing a leather flight jacket aboard a ship.
A

Last edited by Artesian; 03-28-2010 at 01:35 PM.
03-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
I wonder if he used a cattle prod? Looking at the photo of Obama and President Hamid Karzai, Obama really has his nose in the air rather arrogant looking.

In a surprise visit, President Barack Obama pressed Afghan leaders on Sunday to do more to rein in rampant corruption and improve their government as he got a firsthand look at the 8-year-old war he inherited and dramatically escalated. The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan has roughly doubled in the first three months of 2010 compared to the same period last year as Washington has added tens of thousands of additional soldiers to reverse the Taliban's momentum.
Where are the libs outrage of the war? Haven't heard a peep out there except Sheehan. Bunch of hypocrites.

Obama told President Hamid Karzai and his Cabinet that they need to make more progress in fighting corruption and improving their government. I am sure that all the people who believe America should stay out of other countries business will think this is horrible. Right? Arrogant AmeriCAN.
The only thing that is missing is that Obama is not wearing a leather flight jacket aboard a ship.
A
You should be proud of Obama for this visit to our Troops....Hell, he didn't have to do it, he isn't even an American so has no obligation to act on our behalf....right? Or maybe he just went for a little comradery with his Muslim brothers? Or maybe he is just trying to salvage a win out of your boy Jesus Georges bungled Afghan failure? You take your pick........at least he didn't fly in and stir up a lot of dust to declare "Mission Accomplished" , did he?
Regards!
03-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Dude. This is a board full of *photographers.*

'Arrogant-looking' is just a matter of leaning on the shutter and picking a frame.

Add caption.

(That is, assuming you aren't linking to a thumbnail-sized photo in the first place. Then it's *all* caption.)
03-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Dude. This is a board full of *photographers.*

'Arrogant-looking' is just a matter of leaning on the shutter and picking a frame.

Add caption.

(That is, assuming you aren't linking to a thumbnail-sized photo in the first place. Then it's *all* caption.)

It's not even that. When you get a wingnut watching anything Obama does or say in a negative light, then there's nothing Obama can do to please them (except do something dumb to shorten his life as our president). It's all crap, or something that looks good on the surface but crap underneath.

03-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

In a surprise visit, President Barack Obama pressed Afghan leaders on Sunday to do more to rein in rampant corruption
He probably should have stayed home, unless he went to teach.
03-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Teach Chicago Style! Yep, he is a Master...just look at how he pushed through that Obamacare. Gotta love it still....and we do!
Regards!
03-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You should be proud of Obama for this visit to our Troops....Hell, he didn't have to do it, he isn't even an American so has no obligation to act on our behalf....right? Or maybe he just went for a little comradery with his Muslim brothers? Or maybe he is just trying to salvage a win out of your boy Jesus Georges bungled Afghan failure? You take your pick........at least he didn't fly in and stir up a lot of dust to declare "Mission Accomplished" , did he?
Regards!
Regards,
I only have 3 choices? If I only have these to choose from I have to take the first 2 as the last one couldn't be true. Like I said, the only thing missing is the leather flight jacket and a ship. Boy, you sure get testy when questioned about Obamas war.
A

03-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
It's not even that. When you get a wingnut watching anything Obama does or say in a negative light, then there's nothing Obama can do to please them (except do something dumb to shorten his life as our president). It's all crap, or something that looks good on the surface but crap underneath.
No big deal here Rawhead, it is just a matter of wording, but Artesian is a friend of mine from other places...and to refer to him or insinuate that he is a "Wingnut" is hurtful and just plain wrong....although I know you did not have that intent. From long time experience, I can assure you that he is of the "Fruitloop" variety....I think Cherry, but can't remember for sure on that.
Now that you know, I am sure you will address him accordingly in future references?
Best Regards!
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
All I am doing is applying the same line of reasoning that GW was and still is being subjected to. You to are testy. Seems to be universal with far left libs.
A
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All I am doing is applying the same line of reasoning that GW was and still is being subjected to. You to are testy. Seems to be universal with far left libs.
A
Preferably without using the benifit of hindsight, what descisions do you feel President Obama should have made regarding Afghanistan in his first 6-12 months in office?
03-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

In a surprise visit, President Barack Obama pressed Afghan leaders on Sunday to do more to rein in rampant corruption and improve their government
A
To which President Hamid Karzai replied "I will if you will."
03-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
To which President Hamid Karzai replied "I will if you will."
If you have a moment, please cite. I would like to read more.
03-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You are right. He probably should have stayed home. They do not need for him to teach them about corruption even though he is well versed as Rupert states. The Chicago thug ways. All you have to look at is his old compadres to realize this.
A

---------- Post added 03-28-2010 at 04:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No big deal here Rawhead, it is just a matter of wording, but Artesian is a friend of mine from other places...and to refer to him or insinuate that he is a "Wingnut" is hurtful and just plain wrong....although I know you did not have that intent. From long time experience, I can assure you that he is of the "Fruitloop" variety....I think Cherry, but can't remember for sure on that.
Now that you know, I am sure you will address him accordingly in future references?
Best Regards!
Best Regards!
I am a conservative, not of the wingnut type, nor am I a Cherry Fruitloop either. I don't eat cereal. Looks like you missed on those. Oh well there is a pattern of you missing most if not all the time, except with your 45. Yes we are friends.
A
03-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
If you have a moment, please cite. I would like to read more.
Sorry, forgot the "Warning, sarcasm ahead" sign.
03-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
Preferably without using the benifit of hindsight, what descisions do you feel President Obama should have made regarding Afghanistan in his first 6-12 months in office?
I think that his decision should have been to get out of Iraq, and also out of Afghanistan as soon as he was sworn in. I see of no good being there. It will not make any difference except to have more of our soldiers killed or maimed.
A
Closed Thread