Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Treme, the new series from the creators of The Wire

I can confidently say that The Wire was the single best show ever on television, so of course I'm hyped for this.

Here's an extremely in-depth piece from the NYT on the production of the new show:
The HBO Auteur - David Simon - NYTimes.com

09-17-2010, 05:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Wire was damn good. The first three seasons zipped by for me in a blur of downloaded backlog. The last seasons faded away a bit unevenly, I thought.

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure that The Wire took a lot from an older Canadian series called "Davinci's Inquest".
09-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
The Wire was damn good. The first three seasons zipped by for me in a blur of downloaded backlog. The last seasons faded away a bit unevenly, I thought.

If you're interested, I'm pretty sure that The Wire took a lot from an older Canadian series called "Davinci's Inquest".
The 4th season was my favorite, actually, while the 5th was by far the weakest in my opinion (but still great).