04-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We've Only Just Begun...

Here's the article: Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Attached Images

04-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What a dick. So much for the Hippocratic Oath.
04-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And so much for the claims of the corporations, as well.
04-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Isn't this illegal? What's the relevance of political options to the medical service? Are Obama's voters medically different from McCain's? Resentment... stupid.

04-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
In his waiting room, Cassell also has provided his patients with photocopies of a health-care timeline produced by Republican leaders that outlines "major provisions" in the health-care package. The doctor put a sign above the stack of copies that reads: "This is what the morons in Washington have done to your health care. Take one, read it and vote out anyone who voted for it."
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
What a dick. So much for the Hippocratic Oath.
Actually he is not refusing to treat anyone he is simply stating his political view as he says in the article he does not ask the patients political view in order to treat the patient.

---------- Post added 04-02-2010 at 12:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Isn't this illegal? What's the relevance of political options to the medical service? Are Obama's voters medically different from McCain's? Resentment... stupid.
actually there is not stipulation that you can not deny someone medical treatment because of their political views its not protected as a category under the law.
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Actually he is not refusing to treat anyone he is simply stating his political view as he says in the article he does not ask the patients political view in order to treat the patient.
While that's true, he certainly doesn't spell that all out on the sign, and he's certainly making his doctor's office a hostile/unfriendly place for more than half of the US population.

QuoteQuote:
actually there is not stipulation that you can not deny someone medical treatment because of their political views its not protected as a category under the law.
Oh, so by all means he should go get that loophole and ignore his duty as a doctor!

04-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Suppose patient X, who voted Obama, needs to see this doctor. He reads this message on the doctor's door... no disclaimer... Isn't it very much like rejecting some patient? Or suppose he knows the doctor admits pro-Obama patients, but he also knows the doctor said he would prefer not to treat them... Any way I see it, it's abject. There are ways of expressing political views or disapproval without interfering with the others' dignity.

Not as an explicit category, for sure, but certainly the spirit of the law applies to it. Otherwise the law would be utterly unjust.
04-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wonder how this would play out in a more rural area and the nearest alternative being a 40 minute drive away. Oh wait, I can see it now - new legislation - No Patient Left Behind.
04-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Would it be less offensive to you if the sign had said instead if you voted for the Republican senator from the state to go somewhere else because they are harming health care? or is the act in and of itself what is offensive to you? I dont agree with the posting of the sign I dont really think the workplace no matter what it is should have political views interfering with it. We are allowed to express our own political views however we want in this country.
04-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Veteran Member

If you voted W. Bush and/or McCain, disregard my previous posts (because you wouldn't be able to understand them). Just making a point... (What the heck is that point? That I'm 'objectively' right? That the others don't understand squat? That I disagree with them? Do I prove anything? Nonsense.)

Last edited by causey; 04-02-2010 at 11:38 AM.
04-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Would it be less offensive to you if the sign had said instead if you voted for the Republican senator from the state to go somewhere else because they are harming health care? or is the act in and of itself what is offensive to you? I dont agree with the posting of the sign I dont really think the workplace no matter what it is should have political views interfering with it. We are allowed to express our own political views however we want in this country.
The act is what's offensive. It'd be just as offensive (and stupid) if the sign told teabaggers to screw off.
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Dr. Cassell might soon find out that "Dr. Cassell" is not protected as a category under the law. (I can imagine similar signs saying: "If you are Dr. Cassell, go to...")
04-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm betting he will regret his ignorance....sooner than later.
Regards!
04-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
You would think he could afford a better sign.. Looks like a "will work for food" sign.
The man is just plain stupid...... and cheap.
Oh my...........
A professor of bioethics, law and medical professionalism at the University of Florida’s College of Medicine, despite saying Cassell is “pushing the limit”, admitted the urologist is within his right. Doctors cannot refuse patients due to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Political preference isn’t listed.

However, as Dr. Cassell as said, he isn’t refusing treatment. But he has a right to his opinion and his right to express it. If he prefers not to treat those who have supported Obama and the health care mandate, Cassell can express that opinion, according to the Florida Medical Association.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=5971

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-02-2010 at 02:48 PM.