04-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Basically, who cares?

Who cares if you stay? I don't.

Who cares if you go? I don't.

Who cares if you're gay? I don't.

Who cares if you're straight? I don't.

Who cares what religion you are? I don't.

Who cares if you like me? I don't.

Who cares if you hate me? I don't.

About the only thing I do care about is the rambling of yours that hijacks threads to your own personal crusades on...........well nobody has quite figured that out yet, but it does seem to have something to do with gay, Christian-hating, might-be Wiccans? Then again I could be wrong since Google has yet to come up with a Translate into: Rat.

Beyond that is the whining. Everybody has troubles and trials in life. Some more so than others. Get over it. You are not the only one. You don't even rank in the top million of those that have had it bad. Everything in all of creation is not about you.
Agreed.

I did at one time offer the "peace pipe cannoli" but it was refused. I have in the past tried (before this political forum) to keep it in general talk. But someone other then me wanted it spread to all the other forums. In fact even before I knew what a Ratmagiclady was she started in on the bulk film thread.

04-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
First off this "circus" (politics, religion, etc) was created for the purpose it is being used. This is not "General Talk", it is not about photography, it is a pressure valve that lets the steam vent from a predetermined location to prevent blowouts elsewhere.
The 'circus' I was referring to in general, is the 'Pick on RML as one of the last people not already driven off from these 'debates, then blame her for being a target.'

The 'circus' I was referring to is basically, a collective refusal to accept that other points of view *exist to begin with,* ...people can easily slip an untrue accusation or slur into a post mostly about another topic, then complain how 'off topic' it is to go into how that premise is *false.*

I've been subjected to *constant* ad hominem attacks and what I can only call a *smear* campaign by the resident Christian conservatives, who on the one hand claim they don't understand what I'm saying (when they don't agree) ..but on the other hand somehow 'know' I'm "lying" when what they *make up and claim I said* of course doesn't match up with much that I *actually* say.

Even when there's a short declarative sentence to the contrary right there.

People want to claim that how I respond to this harassment is *my* fault, or my religion's... when they started out trying to associate me with someone in a news article that of course, didn't turn out to be what they claimed it was. Like so many things, when refuted, that's never acknowledged, the attack is just shifted till they bring back the same refuted things *later.*

Some believe they have an especial right to do this, but it's both intellectually-dishonest, and serves as some 'excuse' to treat people in a bigoted manner.

Of *course* I get angry.

And as they do it to me, so they do it to any group or even issue they don't happen to like.

QuoteQuote:
I won't say it never happens, but very rarely are things said about you, they are said to you. Nobody can through snowballs at you if you aren't there, and probably wouldn't through them even if you were there but not throwing them back. So now because you don't want to play any more you think everybody else should go home.
That's not what I said, actually. I *asked* what's supposed to *happen* if I 'go away,' like so many others have.

Does this place just become 'For Christian Conservatives Only?'

So they can what, just have every conversation like they have an especial right to define anyone else in a defamatory manner and say, "Don't bring your ...life into what we say about you! Stop bringing it up!"

QuoteQuote:
Once again, you have brought the LGBT issue up.
Dude. You may notice someone who's a little *anxious* for me to 'shut up' keeps calling me an 'evil pervert?' All the time?

What's supposed to happen, is that supposed to just be assumed to be true?

What about the next one?

Do you know how

QuoteQuote:
I wish I could find a way to explain this to you so you would understand, but I have no magic words. Others, some more eloquent than I, have tried and failed as well.
NO ONE CARES! The issue is not that you or anyone else is gay. The issue is that you make it the focus of just about EVERY post you make in this section.
I *understand* your position, but it doesn't *relate* as such to why I'm *cheesed off, here, Parallax.* Frankly, I get treated like a *walking* fringe issue, here, ...and the same thought processes and tactics applied to me are applied to darn near everyone and every*thing* that comes up.

I think what no one's *understanding* here... Is anything they don't already want to believe. What no one seems to *understand* here, is the collective *thuggery* going on, and then the blame is applied to anyone who dissents from it. If someone doesn't let the insistence 'Muslims are evil' slide by unchallenged, they get called 'Muslim-huggers' and blamed for 'bringing it up.'

Some are certainly less-discourteous than others, but 'understanding?'

The 'issue' keeps coming up, because it seems I'm harassed over it *whatever* I say, on *whatever* topic, however obliquely. Frankly, quite often, a given issue *does* affect different people in different ways: how long was I constantly being told 'Stop bringing sex into this, you're too 'dirty' to have a position on this or that,' ...then told it was *off topic* to respond to that with, "My life, marriage and family isn't a *sex act* you imagine."

How many things in your life do your marital status affect?

Probably more than you even realize, you take so much for granted.

How do you think your life would be if you were treated as though your human rights were second class at best, and conditional at that?

Do you think that' affect your position on much?

A couple seem to post nast about me on threads I haven't even *appeared* on, for one thing.

QuoteQuote:
The issue is an issue because YOU choose to make it one at every opportunity. I just don't know how to say it more clearly than that.
As far as the religious aspect, you have made it clear that you blame Christians for every negative aspect of your life, past, present, and (presumably) future. Gee, why would anyone take offense at that and want to defend themselves?
No, that's how *you* characterize me. Certainly, I blame certain Christians for things not being as certain Christians claim, when they want to express political power over everyone through our government, then get 'offended' if that premise is challenged.

'Defending yourselves' seems to be a difficult concept to distinguish. One minute, you act like you're all one big perfect thing, the next you're dissociating from 'individuals' that do things that show this 'perfection' isn't so righteous.

Also, frankly, when I face this little mob, here, you seem to think that how I respond to *you* when you're attacking from all sides constitutes being 'bigoted against Christians.'

I'm sure that if you'd had my experiences, and were subjected to what I hear on a daily basis while trying to help secure some kind of future for my dearest and I, and my community, for that matter, ...you'd consider yourself entirely justified in 'hating Christianity.'

I don't, actually.

I don't have an extensive reserve of *patience* (not by my own standards, anyway, others tell me they don't know how I put up with as much as I do.) for the claims, tactics, and justifications of *some* against others, when they recur again and again, especially when I'm the target, no.

But that doesn't mean I walk around with some kind of hate-on all the time.

My experience is usually more like I come here with a pretty sunny disposition and a certain few do their best to spoil it with *constant* negativity.

Then say, "It's your fault for questioning the premises by which we do this."

Understanding? Is that promoting understanding?

Is it 'Hating Christians?' Or is it mostly that only a *certain kind* of those, really have any reason to have a thing against me? If an atheist wants to try ripping into me in the same way, they'd probably get much the same response ...and probably wouldn't feel such a need to escalate the insults and obfuscations and call it 'defending the faith' rather *than* understand a simple point.

QuoteQuote:
The whole point here is that you are using this section exactly the way it was intended to be used, just like the rest of us that participate here. Does it go too far sometimes? YES, from all sides. Should some of the personal stuff be toned down? ABSOLUTELY!
That's the 'circus' to which I was referring.

I do think the *intention* of a place like this is to actually *discuss* things.

To communicate. Not just to be a private sandpit for *bullies.*

QuoteQuote:
Should you pick up your marbles and go home? Only you can decide.
RML, I hope you don't give up, it wouldn't be the same without you. I think if you look at it from a distance you might actually be able to see that "kick me" sign that you keep putting on your own back.
Displacing the responsibility for the kick-fest onto an imaginary sign is not exactly what I'd call ...moral or even adult behavior.

If you are saying that 'Keep your mouth shut or we'll kick you and blame you for it' is the only way to live, well...

Maybe that's how the ignorance and division just keeps getting worse in this country, in all *kinds* of respects.

QuoteQuote:
I know you have several people on ignore. If you need to you can do essentially the same thing with this whole section, but again, I hope you don't.

Actually, I have only one person on ignore. Someone else richly deserves it, of course.

QuoteQuote:
It isn't time to bury the circus, but perhaps it's time for you, me (and a few others as well, HINT!) to refine the act just a bit.

Jim
Well, Jim, you're a moderator, now, not just one of the gang with a badge. (I hope. You seem to be doing a respectable-enough job so far.)

By 'the circus,' I didn't mean 'this whole board.'

Frankly, some civility wouldn't kill us.

I happen to think some ought to be able to find a way to express any ideas they may have without premising them on attacking others, as 'sinners,' 'foreigners,' 'non-Christians,' etc.

Frankly, I think much of the problem is that certain types *refuse* to see that a lot of things are connected. They use a certain type of thinking that dismembers everything into individual black-and-white 'individual morality issues,' then expect to mash all those decisions into piles of "Good: Cleave to" and "Bad: Blame some 'Other' and Attack..."

...and have some kind of world, country, government, or even *conversation* that makes sense to anyone.

Or functions as a good system.

*I* get treated like I'm the only, yet represent *all* people that certain labels are applied to, (something in fact that certain boys here try to use to enforce silence, or spread further defamations, "I think RML is this or that, shut up or I'll say that's what I think of all of you."

They of course very much resent being told when *they* *claim* to represent 'Christianity,' or 'True Christianity,' or 'Religion,' or 'Morality' in the course of attacking others, ...that maybe that's why that religion has such a terrible history of ignorance and isn't very popular in much of the world.

Claiming to represent some 'Higher Unquestionable Morality' and then calling it justification for other Christians or yourself ...doing or saying the *opposite* of what's decent or civil or even *polite,* calling it justification for false accusations and then personal attacks when those accusations are refuted...

Isn't promoting understanding.

It isn't being a discussion. It's being just a circus.

And it's not a matter of 'my marbles,'
...it's really about, should a few people be allowed (if they can't govern *themselves,* 'kick me signs' or not) to simply try and bully *everyone else* off and call it 'discussion.'
04-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Rat, you sound like my 7 year old. Everyone hates her and nobody cares about her when we don't give in to her wishes. And I tell her the same thing I tell you. Shut up and get over it. It's not about you. If you're gonna leave, then shut the **** up and leave. No one is being bullied. When you go looking for confrontation, you will find confrontation. NOBODY ****ING CARES!!!!!!
04-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rat, you sound like my 7 year old. Everyone hates her and nobody cares about her when we don't give in to her wishes. And I tell her the same thing I tell you. Shut up and get over it. It's not about you. If you're gonna leave, then shut the **** up and leave. No one is being bullied. When you go looking for confrontation, you will find confrontation. NOBODY ****ING CARES!!!!!!
Frankly, Jodokast, *you* aren't 'everyone.' Speaking of 'on-topic' Frankly, all you ever *do* is join in with the 'attacks' and insults and claim they represent 'everyone.' (Right down to the 'My mysterious queer friends that agree with me would hate you and agree with me abusing you' tactic. )

Whether it's me or someone else not present, all I seem to hear from *you* is that your idea of 'addressing an issue' is insulting someone involved. Your case for aggressive apathy, ...antipathy, more like, is well-noted. If you 'don't care,' then *you* put *me* on ignore.

I won't miss it.

04-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Well said......and just as I wrote, yet another attempt at finding a reason to rant and carry on as if she is the only one on this Forum that takes any heat. Simply ridiculous! They have those nice padded walls over in the Romper Room....all those pretty colors....and those Moderators with the comforting words for little stubbed twinlke toes.......what is keeping you Ratlady! Over there you can't talk religion or politics....or spread your LGBT agenda.....is it that last part that is holding you back?
Regards
04-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
graphicgr8s

Thing is she's after us now when she's the one who brought it upon herself. Every post, every thread is/was we are bashing LGBTs. Not everything is about her sexuality. Or her.

Oh, I don't care either. Don't let the door hit the bum on the way out.
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well said......and just as I wrote, yet another attempt at finding a reason to rant and carry on as if she is the only one on this Forum that takes any heat. Simply ridiculous! They have those nice padded walls over in the Romper Room....all those pretty colors....and those Moderators with the comforting words for little stubbed twinlke toes.......what is keeping you Ratlady! Over there you can't talk religion or politics....or spread your LGBT agenda.....is it that last part that is holding you back?
Regards
It seems to be *you* who claim it's all about *me,* Mr. Obsessed.

It's not like the same kinds of things haven't been done to any 'librul' who speaks their mind, ...including you. Of course, when you're attacking *me* or someone else, or some other group, that they *also* hate, well, they'll egg you on, won't they?

Kind of like you apparently believe 'RML is an incomprehensible and 'evil' person unless she's saying something I agree with' ...Notice any kind of pattern, there? Maybe that's *you,* Rupert.

04-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #23
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

It's not like the same kinds of things haven't been done to any 'librul' who speaks their mind, ...including you. Of course, when you're attacking *me* or someone else, or some other group, that they *also* hate, well, they'll egg you on, won't they?

Kind of like you apparently believe 'RML is an incomprehensible and 'evil' person unless she's saying something I agree with' ...Notice any kind of pattern, there? Maybe that's *you,* Rupert.
Seems that you forget that I was your first. The first you use to rail on about your LBGT agenda. Then more and more people saw you for what you really are. And now that you're getting spanked you want to cry?
04-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #24
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

Yep, that's me alright! I can take what I dish out and never raise my blood pressure one point. Some agree....sometimes...some don't. That is what we do here. If we all agreed we would shut down and have a Big Party and just sit around kissing each others butts. Maybe you would like that, but not most here, I'm quite certain.
Regards!
04-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We're all just chasing our tales here. This isn't doing anybody any good.
We'll just have to agree that everybody's problems are everybody else's fault.

CLOSED
Closed Thread