Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps it's now time....

...To bury this circus?

This is a *Pentax* forum. About photography.

'General Talk' used to be a place where ugly stuff was said about people-not here. For political purposes of a certain few.

There was much recrimination. Things said about people like me, that was not true.

I did hold my tongue a while.

I watched that a while, and eventually, as polarization mounted, I said something which meant I got threatening mail in which I was told that I would be 'outed' if I didn't shut up, so I outed myself first.

Of course, at the moment I did so, the same certain few said, "Aha! I knew it all along! You're a man-hating lezbeen! Which explains you not reacting as expected to my homophobia when I attacked you (and all LBGT people) as a 'Librul!'"

Then I was told I was 'Against all good' according to 'religion' for not pronouncing all non-Christian people 'Evil.'

I said.... This is not true. In fact, 'Religion' doesn't say this, and as a matter of fact, I am not of that kind of religion..'

So, religion was dragged in...

At which point I was accused of being a 'satanist pervert Wiccan,' the most of which is BS, and the latter of which is only, well, somewhat true, but close enough for now, let's say.. But closest to it, even if 'rock worship' ain't the thing in either case.

But also this was used to 'justify' all that had come before.

So, it was about 'religion.'

There was much recrimination.

There was much scapegoating.

There was even a separate board to *contain* the scapegoating, more than not, since I'm about the last who hasn't, with private apologies to me, *left*.... and even here we see...

What.

A Pentax community?

Or a focal point for all manner of nonsense and *ite* that no one would acknowledge?

Shall I go?

Would it *help?*

Or what?

04-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Ira
Inactive Account

I can't believe that in 2010, we still have people in this world who look sideways, make a certain face, or make a personal, political or religious judgment about someone's sexuality.

Maybe it's because I grew up in New York, and at 53 now, I've been blessed (not in a religious sense) to have had so many gay friends over the years. Perhaps surprising to the condemners here, many have been horrible people to know, many okay, many good friends, and some the most wonderful and magical people on earth

Gee-kind of sounds like the "normal" world to many of you, huh? And that's the point:

We're all people, and I don't know what the hell the problem is with some who think they're better or more "God worthy" based on their sexual orientation.
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have to say that I don't always agree with your opinions about things and at times I have had to reread your posts to get the ideas in them but I for one say that you should stay. The greatest way to expand yourself I think is to expose yourself to conflicting ideas of your own as a rare breed here, a Republican that tries to be civil and listens to opposing views I don't think you would be doing anyone any good by walking away. Well thats my two cents and I do hope you stay there have been quite a few people throwing there hands up and leaving lately.
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
...To bury this circus?

and other subjects

'General Talk' used to be a place where ugly stuff was said about people-not here. For political purposes of a certain few.

There was much recrimination. Things said about people like me, that was not true.

I watched that a while, and eventually, as polarization mounted, I said something which meant I got threatening mail in which I was told that I would be 'outed' if I didn't shut up, so I outed myself first.

Of course, at the moment I did so, the same certain few said, "Aha! I knew it all along! You're a man-hating lezbeen! Which explains you not reacting as expected to my homophobia when I attacked you (and all LBGT people) as a 'Librul!'"

Is a "lezbeen" like a "hasbeen"?

Then I was told I was 'Against all good' according to 'religion' for not pronouncing all non-Christian people 'Evil.'

No one is "good".

I said.... This is not true. In fact, 'Religion' doesn't say this, and as a matter of fact, I am not of that kind of religion..'

At which point I was accused of being a 'satanist pervert Wiccan,' the most of which is BS, and the latter of which is only, well, somewhat true, but close enough for now, let's say.. But closest to it, even if 'rock worship' ain't the thing in either case.

Are there non-pervert Satanist Wiccans? Of which non-pervision?

There was even a separate board to *contain* the scapegoating, more than not, since I'm about the last who hasn't, with private apologies to me, *left*.... and even here we see...

What.

A Pentax community?

Or a focal point for all manner of nonsense and *ite* that no one would acknowledge?

Nonsense? From whom?

Shall I go?

No

Would it *help?*

Nope.

Or what?
Stick around. Just because I don't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean you are evil. Believe me, I've met evil.

04-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Green_Manelishi Quote
Stick around. Just because I don't agree with your beliefs doesn't mean you are evil. Believe me, I've met evil.
Believe *me,* if your last generalized and exactly-reversed accusation of 'evil' you started a thread over, compared to the *reality* you wouldn't acknowledge, of people you wanted to defame as humans, using me as a target, even the very *inane* nonsense 'questions' you hide in quote blocks for others to reformat...

...has anything to do with your conception of 'evil,' you ain't *met* shite. Spud.

I mean, you started a whole *thread* directed at me and didn't have the *beans* to admit that all the oblique accusations were based on... Trying to identify me with someone who didn't even *know* about the religion you 'accused' of, certain headlines, but which headlines in fact proved to be about someone acting on and representing herself by, basic and defamatory errors that come from 'Bible Study' 'ministry' that the perp cited herself, but which any Wiccan or Pagan in general would know was as *dumb* as mistaking Thanksgiving for Christmas?

Have you changed your 'opinion,' or just been waiting for another chance?

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
a Republican that tries to be civil and listens to opposing views I don't think you would be doing anyone any good by walking away.

Where *are* they? Graphics went on my ignore list for calling me 'demonically-possessed' and it seems to have only gotten worse.

Where are these 'ethical and erudite conservatives?'

If you are there, where in the Gods' names *are* you?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-05-2010 at 05:35 PM.
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

This is just so much jibberish Ratlady and another attempt to gain sympathy at the expense of the truth. The last time you did this sort of nonsense, it was a story about how Fundies took your daughter from you......of course, it tugged at the heartstrings of some and undoubtedly bought you some sympathy from those with a guilty conscience. Then when I provoked the truth out of you recently, we find that you have no daughter and you even admitted that you abandoned the daughter you.....didn't have.

No, I don't care if you leave or stay, but you won't find any sympathetic ear from me as long as you use your LGBT rants to bash Christians and other Religions that deplore your beliefs. You would love to roam free here bashing and lying, while silencing those that don't share your beliefs, and this feeble attempt to gain sympathy is just another opportunity to try and gain favor for your uncloaked agenda. I'm not too big on buying garbage, and that is what you are selling ...or trying to sell here.

Anyone that has a thin hide and tender little toes should not be here, it gets rough and it is hard hitting. It works both ways, and I have been called everything under the sun, but you will never see me writing a pity party post seeking sympathy for my little twinkle toes.....because I have no twinkle toes, just steel toed boots. Get some or go to the Romper Room with Wheatboy and his buddies that have left to view all the pretty colors, and be comforted by the sweet talking Moderators that comfort their little hurt feelings.
Beast Regards!
04-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #7

Perhaps it's now time

Dear RML,

I was sincere in my suggestion you stick around. However, you seem to take things far too personally.

Yes, I have met evil; whether you believe I have or not.

Best, not beast, regards

The Green Spud-Manelishi

04-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Basically, who cares?

Who cares if you stay? I don't.

Who cares if you go? I don't.

Who cares if you're gay? I don't.

Who cares if you're straight? I don't.

Who cares what religion you are? I don't.

Who cares if you like me? I don't.

Who cares if you hate me? I don't.

About the only thing I do care about is the rambling of yours that hijacks threads to your own personal crusades on...........well nobody has quite figured that out yet, but it does seem to have something to do with gay, Christian-hating, might-be Wiccans? Then again I could be wrong since Google has yet to come up with a Translate into: Rat.

Beyond that is the whining. Everybody has troubles and trials in life. Some more so than others. Get over it. You are not the only one. You don't even rank in the top million of those that have had it bad. Everything in all of creation is not about you.
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Where *are* they? Graphics went on my ignore list for calling me 'demonically-possessed' and it seems to have only gotten worse.

Where are these 'ethical and erudite conservatives?'

If you are there, where in the Gods' names *are* you?
well if you had actually read my posts you would know that I at least attempt to be civil in my conversations. I know that people here tend not to actually read everything posted but if you look beyond the ones spewing rubbish here you may actually find people that do actually talk. Ahh well I tried
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Basically, who cares?

Who cares if you stay? I don't.

Who cares if you go? I don't.

Who cares if you're gay? I don't.

Who cares if you're straight? I don't.

Who cares what religion you are? I don't.

Who cares if you like me? I don't.

Who cares if you hate me? I don't.

About the only thing I do care about is the rambling of yours that hijacks threads to your own personal crusades on...........well nobody has quite figured that out yet, but it does seem to have something to do with gay, Christian-hating, might-be Wiccans? Then again I could be wrong since Google has yet to come up with a Translate into: Rat.

Beyond that is the whining. Everybody has troubles and trials in life. Some more so than others. Get over it. You are not the only one. You don't even rank in the top million of those that have had it bad. Everything in all of creation is not about you.
Ditto,
That makes me a ditto head.
A

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 08:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
This is just so much jibberish Ratlady and another attempt to gain sympathy at the expense of the truth. The last time you did this sort of nonsense, it was a story about how Fundies took your daughter from you......of course, it tugged at the heartstrings of some and undoubtedly bought you some sympathy from those with a guilty conscience. Then when I provoked the truth out of you recently, we find that you have no daughter and you even admitted that you abandoned the daughter you.....didn't have.

No, I don't care if you leave or stay, but you won't find any sympathetic ear from me as long as you use your LGBT rants to bash Christians and other Religions that deplore your beliefs. You would love to roam free here bashing and lying, while silencing those that don't share your beliefs, and this feeble attempt to gain sympathy is just another opportunity to try and gain favor for your uncloaked agenda. I'm not too big on buying garbage, and that is what you are selling ...or trying to sell here.

Anyone that has a thin hide and tender little toes should not be here, it gets rough and it is hard hitting. It works both ways, and I have been called everything under the sun, but you will never see me writing a pity party post seeking sympathy for my little twinkle toes.....because I have no twinkle toes, just steel toed boots. Get some or go to the Romper Room with Wheatboy and his buddies that have left to view all the pretty colors, and be comforted by the sweet talking Moderators that comfort their little hurt feelings.
Beast Regards!
Ditto,
I hardly ever agree with ol lib Rupert. I guess this is an oddity. Cast away dudette, we will miss you like we miss Wheaty. I really do wear steel toed boots.
A

Last edited by Artesian; 04-05-2010 at 06:59 PM.
04-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
well if you had actually read my posts you would know that I at least attempt to be civil in my conversations. I know that people here tend not to actually read everything posted but if you look beyond the ones spewing rubbish here you may actually find people that do actually talk. Ahh well I tried
I will vouch for Gokenin, even though we've 'gone at each other' a few times in political threads, it has always been civil.
Even though I knew he was completely wrong, I didn't get angry at his refusal to admit it.
04-06-2010, 04:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I will vouch for Gokenin, even though we've 'gone at each other' a few times in political threads, it has always been civil.
Even though I knew he was completely wrong, I didn't get angry at his refusal to admit it.
see now I thought we agreed that you were the one that was wrong some of the times . Good to see you are still posting.
04-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
...To bury this circus?

What.

A Pentax community?

Shall I go?

Would it *help?*

Or what?
First off this "circus" (politics, religion, etc) was created for the purpose it is being used. This is not "General Talk", it is not about photography, it is a pressure valve that lets the steam vent from a predetermined location to prevent blowouts elsewhere.
I won't say it never happens, but very rarely are things said about you, they are said to you. Nobody can through snowballs at you if you aren't there, and probably wouldn't through them even if you were there but not throwing them back. So now because you don't want to play any more you think everybody else should go home.
Once again, you have brought the LGBT issue up. I wish I could find a way to explain this to you so you would understand, but I have no magic words. Others, some more eloquent than I, have tried and failed as well.
NO ONE CARES! The issue is not that you or anyone else is gay. The issue is that you make it the focus of just about EVERY post you make in this section. The issue is an issue because YOU choose to make it one at every opportunity. I just don't know how to say it more clearly than that.
As far as the religious aspect, you have made it clear that you blame Christians for every negative aspect of your life, past, present, and (presumably) future. Gee, why would anyone take offense at that and want to defend themselves?
The whole point here is that you are using this section exactly the way it was intended to be used, just like the rest of us that participate here. Does it go too far sometimes? YES, from all sides. Should some of the personal stuff be toned down? ABSOLUTELY! Should you pick up your marbles and go home? Only you can decide.
RML, I hope you don't give up, it wouldn't be the same without you. I think if you look at it from a distance you might actually be able to see that "kick me" sign that you keep putting on your own back. I know you have several people on ignore. If you need to you can do essentially the same thing with this whole section, but again, I hope you don't.

It isn't time to bury the circus, but perhaps it's time for you, me (and a few others as well, HINT!) to refine the act just a bit.

Jim
04-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Speaking as someone who came late to this party, the cycle of RML writing something incomprehensible and/or provocative, and then posters of all political persuasions passionately insulting her is a distraction from substantive conversation.

To RML: Editing might solve a lot of your problems.
To everyone who jumps on her: Lighten up a little.
To me: Stick to the photo threads if you don't like mud wrestling.
04-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm here standing by if needed....just give me the word Ratlady and I will hit the Play Button! My apologies for that line about "I'd pay the Devil to replace her".......try to keep in mind that I didn't write it.
Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 04-06-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Closed Thread